Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is it proper to call Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. future HOF players?

Is it proper to call Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. future Hall of Fame players?

I routinely read articles (there is one headline on NFL . com right now) that describe some current or recently retired players that have yet to be selected for the Hall or Fame, future Hall of Fame players. Is it proper or right to do such things? Does it diminish the accomplishment of the Hall of Fame players? Is it just bad form?

What say you?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    If it weren't ridiculously clear that these players are future Hall of Fame members, sure. They aren't calling just anybody future HOF players though. They will obviously make it.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    These three will be first ballot HOFers no doubt about it
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Is it proper to call Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. future Hall of Fame players?

I routinely read articles (there is one headline on NFL . com right now) that describe some current or recently retired players that have yet to be selected for the Hall or Fame, future Hall of Fame players. Is it proper or right to do such things? Does it diminish the accomplishment of the Hall of Fame players? Is it just bad form?

What say you?
    What diminish's it is when people say young current players like Willis, Rodgers, AP....thats when its a little ridiculous. They haven't done NEAR enough to say they are future HOFers but people say it, its quite annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I would think people in the HOF would be honored to be mentioned with the likes of Brady, Manning and Lewis...and Urlacher. Had to throw that in there.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    óArthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    These three will be first ballot HOFers no doubt about it
    This.

vCash
    These guys are by far and away the best players at their position for their generation.

Seems the answer is pretty obvious.

vCash
    Don’t rituals and status matter? Isn’t the status of the actual HOFer is worth protecting from those that don’t belong, or haven’t been selected yet? Is the formality of the selection process worth protecting?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Yeah like most of them ^^ said, with the 3 players you listed, I think it's very proper. Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady..legends

vCash
    Donít rituals and status matter? Isnít the status of the actual HOFer is worth protecting from those that donít belong, or havenít been selected yet? Is the formality of the selection process worth protecting?
    I don't think you would be able to find a single player in the HOF that would have a problem with anybody referring to those 3 as future HOFers.

vCash
    they will no doubt be half of famers, so its fine calling them that. the only thing that could possibly keep them out is som epete ros elike scandal
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Donít rituals and status matter? Isnít the status of the actual HOFer is worth protecting from those that donít belong, or havenít been selected yet? Is the formality of the selection process worth protecting?
    the only reason they ahven't been selcted is they haven't reitred, not ebcuase they haven't earned it.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    What diminish's it is when people say young current players like Willis, Rodgers, AP....thats when its a little ridiculous. They haven't done NEAR enough to say they are future HOFers but people say it, its quite annoying.
    That.

I don't think there is a doubt in anybody's mind that Manning, Brady, and Lewis will be 1st ballot HOF'ers and when referring to them as such I don't think it's lessening the status of being considered a HOF-worthy player. These guys are legends of the gridiron.

They absolutely do belong. I don't think a sensible person can actually make a case against one of them NOT being 1st ballot HOF'ers.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    I would think people in the HOF would be honored to be mentioned with the likes of Brady, Manning and Lewis...and Urlacher. Had to throw that in there.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Brady - Lewis - Manning all will go first ballot. They have been the best for a decade

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast