Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Salty + Kalish for Davis still sounds good to me. They can take Aceves too **** that clown
    No! Too much for such a meager talent AND a platoon hitter.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    No! Too much for such a meager talent AND a platoon hitter.
    That depends on how valuable Kalish ends up being. If hes a 4th OF then i would say its not a bad deal at all.

And i have more faith in him than you do. While he wont ever hit lefties well in any likelihood, his numbers would jump here and he is still young.

vCash
    There's a thought, what about LaHair that been sitting out for Rizzo? he's almost useless to the Cubs. We just platoon 1B with a RHH for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    There's a thought, what about LaHair that been sitting out for Rizzo? he's almost useless to the Cubs. We just platoon 1B with a RHH for him.
    I wouldn't say useless. They do use him in the OF when a righty is pitching.

Plus, he is a lot older than Davis, and not under as much control

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf82 View Post
    I wouldn't say useless. They do use him in the OF when a righty is pitching.

Plus, he is a lot older than Davis, and not under as much control
    1year service time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    1year service time
    IMO I think Davis has more upside than LaHair. But, it also depends what is needed to pull off the trade. I don't want the sox to give up too much for whoever they try and get.

vCash
    That depends on how valuable Kalish ends up being. If hes a 4th OF then i would say its not a bad deal at all.

And i have more faith in him than you do. While he wont ever hit lefties well in any likelihood, his numbers would jump here and he is still young.
    I'm not totally against Ike, but I think you undervalue Salty's value in trade.

We could put together a two player and one spec deal for him (all worth less then Salty), still turn around and get a good pen guy for Salty.

If we do get Ike, we need a RHH that covers say OF/1B to platoon over there.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I'm not totally against Ike, but I think you undervalue Salty's value in trade.

We could put together a two player and one spec deal for him (all worth less then Salty), still turn around and get a good pen guy for Salty.

If we do get Ike, we need a RHH that covers say OF/1B to platoon over there.
    He's only 25, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could improve against lefties. Ortiz has done it, and maybe he could share a few pointers.

I like Salty, and he definitely has value being a catcher with potential 30 HR power. I think his value is a bit diminished though because he is an impending free agent after next season. The good news for teams is that he would probably be an easy guy to extend.

I watch a good amount of Mets games on SNY and ever since the All Star break Davis has been the guy you want up when you need a big hit if youre a Mets fan. I think he would kill it in the AL East with all of our small parks. He's going to have to improve against lefties, but Sands could probably fill in at 1B against LHP starters if need be.

So much speculation, i wanna see us make moves already. It's going to be an interesting winter for sure.

vCash
    He's only 25, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could improve against lefties. Ortiz has done it, and maybe he could share a few pointers.

I like Salty, and he definitely has value being a catcher with potential 30 HR power. I think his value is a bit diminished though because he is an impending free agent after next season. The good news for teams is that he would probably be an easy guy to extend.

I watch a good amount of Mets games on SNY and ever since the All Star break Davis has been the guy you want up when you need a big hit if youre a Mets fan. I think he would kill it in the AL East with all of our small parks. He's going to have to improve against lefties, but Sands could probably fill in at 1B against LHP starters if need be.

So much speculation, i wanna see us make moves already. It's going to be an interesting winter for sure.
    Davis:

vs LHP slash

2010: .295/.362/.443
    2011: .163/.260/.233
    2012: .174/.225/.335

He was very good his first year. Looks like the pitchers in the NL figured out his out pitch(es). His career vs LHP looks better than it is due to this first year. This isn't good at all for him to come here and get 650 PA's.

Looking over comments about where he hits the ball (couldn't find a spray chart), he does NOT have an Adrian off field/inside-out stroke, but instead hits for power to RF and RCF which will not add the HR totals in Fenway that some are projecting.

vCash
    Davis:

vs LHP slash

2010: .295/.362/.443
    2011: .163/.260/.233
    2012: .174/.225/.335

He was very good his first year. Looks like the pitchers in the NL figured out his out pitch(es). His career vs LHP looks better than it is due to this first year. This isn't good at all for him to come here and get 650 PA's.

Looking over comments about where he hits the ball (couldn't find a spray chart), he does NOT have an Adrian off field/inside-out stroke, but instead hits for power to RF and RCF which will not add the HR totals in Fenway that some are projecting.
    Yeah i never count on lefties adding too much power when coming to Fenway. But Citi Field is a black whole, and I know there's also a mental factor that comes with hitting at a huge field. Smoak actually touched on that the other day, of course he was talking about Safeco. He said how everyone hates hitting there and that thinking pattern really messes you up. I would think he could have 35 HRs next year if he stayed healthy.

Ike Davis isnt a perennial all star 1B like AGon, but you dont need star at every position. Hes young and controllable, so it makes sense for us to get him IMO. It all depends on the price of course. It's not like there arent alternatives for us so overtrading would be stupid.

I'm starting to like the idea of trading for Smoak. The price would be lower and he still has upside and is starting to really figure things out. Theres an article on fangraphs about the adjustments hes made, and it looks pretty legitimate. If we could get him easily, its worth the gamble for next season.

vCash
    Yeah i never count on lefties adding too much power when coming to Fenway. But Citi Field is a black whole, and I know there's also a mental factor that comes with hitting at a huge field. Smoak actually touched on that the other day, of course he was talking about Safeco. He said how everyone hates hitting there and that thinking pattern really messes you up. I would think he could have 35 HRs next year if he stayed healthy.

Ike Davis isnt a perennial all star 1B like AGon, but you dont need star at every position. Hes young and controllable, so it makes sense for us to get him IMO. It all depends on the price of course. It's not like there arent alternatives for us so overtrading would be stupid.

I'm starting to like the idea of trading for Smoak. The price would be lower and he still has upside and is starting to really figure things out. Theres an article on fangraphs about the adjustments hes made, and it looks pretty legitimate. If we could get him easily, its worth the gamble for next season.
    Well Ike's BA and 2B's count should go up, but then again the AL can be a big adjustment. The fact he is cheap drives his price up. I don't rule him out, but that article the other day said the Mets were looking for a lot.

Comparison shop, then buy.

vCash
    Am I the only one who would like to see Sands get a full years worth of AB's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Yes lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    at AAA maybe. Not at the MLB level.

vCash
    Sands interests me as a platoon option thats it.

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast