Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 649
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    His SLG% on the road is better than at home by a marked degree, his OBP is only .010 higher, and w/o any data to the contrary, I assume he'll continue to be much weaker against lefties then righties in Boston (even if he produces .700 - he could be a .810 against righties), so he's still a platoon guy. Not to mention the NL -> AL change issues.

    I'd rather move Salty as a piece for a SP, rather then one of several 1B available that are below 1B norms in hitting.

    I don't get the reference to "righty heavy". Our OF is liable to produce near 80% of its PA's lefty. We'll have a lefty DH probably. I'd say a lefty at 1B is probably better for balance, but I'd much rather a really good bat of either hand, rather than a .770 OPS at 1B.
    I cant see us trading for a SP unless its a #2/ace or has that potential. Sure, Salty could be a piece of a package, but not a big part. I see your point though.

    And i wasnt clear about the righty heavy thing. But i meant in the future. Ortiz leaves, Ellsbury leaves, and the only sure fire lefty in the foreseeable lineup is Bradley. Granted a high percentage of 1B are lefties so well see what direction we take there.

    Prospect options for 1B:

    I dont like the idea of trading with Chicago, but Vogelbach really interests me and may end up being suited best for the AL where he could DH sometimes. He is blocked by Rizzo, but that really doesnt factor into the Cubs' equation much yet because he isnt even in AA yet. However, he has no other option than 1B and neither does Rizzo. His price won't be low, but it wont get any lower either, as he looks to be a solid average hitter with 70 power. Then we can just stick with Loney until he is up. Vogelbach is also far away from the MLB and far from a sure thing, so there are definitely safter options.

    Another option that would be ready next year would be Matt Adams of St. Louis. He will hit for average and power but doesnt walk too much. But if he hits .290 and walks 6-7% it could be a lot worse.

    C.J. Cron is blocked by Pujols/Trumbo and is set to start in AA. Scouting reports say he was supposed to have a good approach, yet he only walked 3% of the time this year. He did hit 27 HRs, but that was in the Cal League.

    I still love Olt, but i think expecting him would be a bit of a pipe dream.
    Last edited by Nomar; 09-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.

  2. 09-24-2012, 05:28 PM
    Reason
    Do not insult others

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,979
    vCash
    1500
    Funny you call people morons when you dont know what youre talking about.

    Never compare Bogaerts to Jeter. He wont hit for as good of an average and has way better power to start. Bogaerts is also still growing, which is the reason why he wont stick at SS. Why would we want Bogaerts at SS if he is going to put up a negative dWAR?

    Glad to see you magically got Upton for unknown players and failed to mention pitching at all even though theyre part of your "strong middle of the field".

    Lmao at the "13-15 years" thing too, how stupid are you? Just stop.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 09-25-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: deleted quote

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    I cant see us trading for a SP unless its a #2/ace or has that potential. Sure, Salty could be a piece of a package, but not a big part. I see your point though.

    And i wasnt clear about the righty heavy thing. But i meant in the future. Ortiz leaves, Ellsbury leaves, and the only sure fire lefty in the foreseeable lineup is Bradley. Granted a high percentage of 1B are lefties so well see what direction we take there.

    Prospect options for 1B:

    I dont like the idea of trading with Chicago, but Vogelbach really interests me and may end up being suited best for the AL where he could DH sometimes. He is blocked by Rizzo, but that really doesnt factor into the Cubs' equation much yet because he isnt even in AA yet. However, he has no other option than 1B and neither does Rizzo. His price won't be low, but it wont get any lower either, as he looks to be a solid average hitter with 70 power. Then we can just stick with Loney until he is up. Vogelbach is also far away from the MLB and far from a sure thing, so there are definitely safter options.

    Another option that would be ready next year would be Matt Adams of St. Louis. He will hit for average and power but doesnt walk too much. But if he hits .290 and walks 6-7% it could be a lot worse.

    C.J. Cron is blocked by Pujols/Trumbo and is set to start in AA. Scouting reports say he was supposed to have a good approach, yet he only walked 3% of the time this year. He did hit 27 HRs, but that was in the Cal League.

    I still love Olt, but i think expecting him would be a bit of a pipe dream.
    I'm not worried about Ellsbury and Ortiz leaving, because whatever 1B we get is for a limited time, so we can shift things around when needed.

    Oh yes, I mean a #2/3 SP, and Salty is just a part of the package.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I'm not worried about Ellsbury and Ortiz leaving, because whatever 1B we get is for a limited time, so we can shift things around when needed.

    Oh yes, I mean a #2/3 SP, and Salty is just a part of the package.
    Agreed. I think everyone has it in their heads that our 1B needs to be an all star every year, but there are plenty of playoff teams in which this isnt the case. Not that we will make the playoffs next year, but it's just something for people to keep in mind.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lucastai View Post
    dont understand the importance of a strong middle of the field. In case you dont understand what i am talking about, IT MEANS A STRONG CATCHER, SEVERAL STRONG PITCHERS, A STRONG 2B, A STRONG SS, AND A STRONG CF.
    When one talks about strength up the middle, it refers to fielding and has nothing to do with pitching.

    Now, please enlighten me on why we would move the next derek jeter (xander Bogaerts) to third base? ummm, in case you didnt know, SS has been a weak position for all of baseball since 03 or so when arod moved and nomar left. So please, think. I left sided inflield of boagerts and middlebrooks in to die for, and would be the best left side of the field for 13-15 years! why in hell would you move valuable players in valuable positions to positions where it is easier to find replacements? in this case, a team would look something like this:

    C- Salty (or someone who is better and we can lock up like tek or posada etc
    1B- does not matter. someone with power but can worry about in FA
    2B- Pedey
    3B- Middlebrooks
    SS- Bogaerts
    LF- FA
    CF- Ellsbury or bradley jr to lock up
    RF- trade with arizona for upton

    please everyone wake up and realize we have a SS in our system who does not need to move and compete with cabrera etc every year for mvp etc. He will dominate SS for years to come! also, people say he is too big for ss. jeter and him are both 6'3 and identical weights. nuff said
    XB projects to be too big to be a good fielding SS, so he's viewed as a likely 3B or LF. WMB is far from an elite player at this point. his OBP and fielding are both under a cloud.

    XB - enuf said? Jeter is in his 30's, XB will be 25+ lbs heavier than today in 4 years. Nuff said.

    FYI - Upton is over rated garbage. Nuff said.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 09-25-2012 at 08:09 AM.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    1500
    interesting. you guys fail to realize the weights of both XB and Jeter.
    derek jeter: 6'3 195
    XB: 6'3 175.

    hmmmmmm nomar. not seeing you point. even if he does add 25 pounds, he would only be 200. wait let me check my math for you. 175+25=200. there, nuff said. in addition, XB has stated he would like to remain at SS. So you guys tell me. would you like an unhappy 3B? or a happy SS who is willing to put in the work to keep his weight down, mobility up, and remain at SS? Think bro. WE ALL REMEMBERED WHAT HAPPENED TO AROD WHEN HE MOVED. use history and facts to back your trash, not anger.

    Also, as for upton. It is nothing more than a speculation at this point. Prospects valued to arizona include iglesias, as well as brentz and other pitchers (however keeping pitching is ideal)
    so a package of iglesias and brentz for upton would be the case. Im sure you will refute this idea, however it does make sense for the dbacks as they just traded drew to oakland, and have a hole at SS as well as OF...

    As for pitching help, edwin jackson is a perfect fit. He has pitched in the AL East and although he was young at the time with the rays, he should mature especially being with the ants during their playoff run. Brandon mcCarthy is another option as well as the recently available jake peavy. our youngsters such as webster etc can also help. and don't rule out a possibility of acquiring hernandez. NUFF SAID.

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    147
    vCash
    1500
    lets trade for A-Gon. he's pretty good i heard.

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lucastai View Post
    interesting. you guys fail to realize the weights of both XB and Jeter.
    derek jeter: 6'3 195
    XB: 6'3 175.

    hmmmmmm nomar. not seeing you point. even if he does add 25 pounds, he would only be 200. wait let me check my math for you. 175+25=200. there, nuff said. in addition, XB has stated he would like to remain at SS. So you guys tell me. would you like an unhappy 3B? or a happy SS who is willing to put in the work to keep his weight down, mobility up, and remain at SS? Think bro. WE ALL REMEMBERED WHAT HAPPENED TO AROD WHEN HE MOVED. use history and facts to back your trash, not anger.

    Also, as for upton. It is nothing more than a speculation at this point. Prospects valued to arizona include iglesias, as well as brentz and other pitchers (however keeping pitching is ideal)
    so a package of iglesias and brentz for upton would be the case. Im sure you will refute this idea, however it does make sense for the dbacks as they just traded drew to oakland, and have a hole at SS as well as OF...

    As for pitching help, edwin jackson is a perfect fit. He has pitched in the AL East and although he was young at the time with the rays, he should mature especially being with the ants during their playoff run. Brandon mcCarthy is another option as well as the recently available jake peavy. our youngsters such as webster etc can also help. and don't rule out a possibility of acquiring hernandez. NUFF SAID.
    If you think you can tell how good he is in the field by his weight you are borderline ********. Happy? If he is below average in the field, hes not staying there, no matter what he wants. If it was just Brentz + Iggy for Upton then id be all for it, but it wouldnt be. Hernandez = impossible unless you want the team to turn into the Mariners of the last 5 years.

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    1500
    funny tho. bogaerts has been called the best position player/fielder in the sox farm system. once again, going off facts. that was a direct statement by the sox. personally, i wouldn't give up everything for hernandez either. i believe the other pitching alternatives are more realistic and usable. I'm not judging his fielding based on his weight, I'm simply comparing his size to other notable defensive SS. Arod was the same player at XB. power hitting SS with texas and Seattle. never agreed with move to third anyways.

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,979
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lucastai View Post
    funny tho. bogaerts has been called the best position player/fielder in the sox farm system. once again, going off facts. that was a direct statement by the sox. personally, i wouldn't give up everything for hernandez either. i believe the other pitching alternatives are more realistic and usable. I'm not judging his fielding based on his weight, I'm simply comparing his size to other notable defensive SS. Arod was the same player at XB. power hitting SS with texas and Seattle. never agreed with move to third anyways.
    Thats totally false, he has never been called the best fielder.

    His range is nothing special and it is only going to get worse. He has the arm for SS, but his footspeed will slow with size as well. A-Rod and Cal were big SS, but theyre the exceptions, not the rule. Both, but Cal especially, was a freak with his defense given his size. Bogaerts isnt bad by any means, but if this is the best he is going to be, then it will be impossible to stick him there for more than a couple years.

  12. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lucastai View Post
    interesting. you guys fail to realize the weights of both XB and Jeter.
    derek jeter: 6'3 195
    XB: 6'3 175.

    hmmmmmm nomar. not seeing you point. even if he does add 25 pounds, he would only be 200. wait let me check my math for you. 175+25=200. there, nuff said. in addition, XB has stated he would like to remain at SS. So you guys tell me. would you like an unhappy 3B? or a happy SS who is willing to put in the work to keep his weight down, mobility up, and remain at SS? Think bro. WE ALL REMEMBERED WHAT HAPPENED TO AROD WHEN HE MOVED. use history and facts to back your trash, not anger.

    Also, as for upton. It is nothing more than a speculation at this point. Prospects valued to arizona include iglesias, as well as brentz and other pitchers (however keeping pitching is ideal)
    so a package of iglesias and brentz for upton would be the case. Im sure you will refute this idea, however it does make sense for the dbacks as they just traded drew to oakland, and have a hole at SS as well as OF...

    As for pitching help, edwin jackson is a perfect fit. He has pitched in the AL East and although he was young at the time with the rays, he should mature especially being with the ants during their playoff run. Brandon mcCarthy is another option as well as the recently available jake peavy. our youngsters such as webster etc can also help. and don't rule out a possibility of acquiring hernandez. NUFF SAID.
    Soxprospects says:

    Slightly above-average arm. Solid-average range, but losing footspeed as he gets bigger. Needs to slow the game down defensively and resist the feeling to rush plays. Inconsistent with footwork and staying down on the ball. Choppy at times with his movements and reactions. Has been improving with his defensive technique, but does not look likely to stick at shortstop. Will transition to third base or left field down the line

    Projo 2 days ago:

    BOSTON -- In some circles, it's viewed almost as a foregone conclusion that Xander Bogaerts eventually will have to move off shortstop, be it to third base or to the outfield. The 19-year-old already has begun to grow into his 6-foot-3 frame, and it wasn't hard to see a little Hanley Ramirez or Alex Rodriguez in his physique as he stood on the field at Fenway Park on Saturday afternoon, honored as the Offensive Player of the Year in the Red Sox minor-league system.



    What happened to AROD when he moved to 3B? Besides the usual uptick in injuries that happens at 3B?

    Get your facts straight, and try to behave yourself while you're at it.

    Nuff said? Only when you get things right perhaps. Still waiting for one of those posts.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 09-25-2012 at 08:11 AM.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  13. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    1500
    well i mean, we'll see. I'm just saying we shouldn't write him off as a def short stop until he proves he cannot play the position. Im tired of hearing people already say he can't. i mean seriously.

  14. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lucastai View Post
    funny tho. bogaerts has been called the best position player/fielder in the sox farm system. once again, going off facts. that was a direct statement by the sox. personally, i wouldn't give up everything for hernandez either. i believe the other pitching alternatives are more realistic and usable. I'm not judging his fielding based on his weight, I'm simply comparing his size to other notable defensive SS. Arod was the same player at XB. power hitting SS with texas and Seattle. never agreed with move to third anyways.
    Let's see the citation.

    Only thing wrong with AROD going to 3B was that the best SS on the Yanks moved, and injuries have eaten him down into deep decline as I said it would 2-3 years ago.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  15. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lucastai View Post
    well i mean, we'll see. I'm just saying we shouldn't write him off as a def short stop until he proves he cannot play the position. Im tired of hearing people already say he can't. i mean seriously.
    That would be fine. Obviously he's worth more as a SS then a 3B or LF if he can field the position.

    Why the drama and insults from you to get to this point I'm not clear on. Settle down.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  16. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    1500
    You were basically writing him off as a SS. hence the tone. however, you can clean yourself up a bit as well buddy. By the way, having a picture of a girl on your profile doesn't make you seem "cool" or "in" like you may think. It makes you look like a 14 year old boy. Wouldn't be surprised if you are. I think its bedtime.

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •