Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    3 years 32 million would be the offer i would lay out for Napoli. Then id offer Swisher 4 years 46 million

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    3 years 32 million would be the offer i would lay out for Napoli. Then id offer Swisher 4 years 46 million
    There's no way Swisher going for that low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    There's no way Swisher going for that low.
    4 for $50-56M would seem to be the range.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    4 for $50-56M would seem to be the range.
    If Swisher is going for as low as $50M, Napoli should be no more than $30M.

vCash
    A few pennies. It should be $13M-$14M per year. Anyone that gives him $15M or more is just stupid - if we are talking 4 years.

Napoli has several advantages over Swisher. He can catch, he's strong in the playoffs, he kills lefties, he rakes in Fenway, he's 13 months younger than Swisher.

Swisher has a good OBP vs LHP. He's good enough to play RF in Fenway for a year or two. However he's awful in the playoffs, doesn't hit as well as Napoli in Fenway. He's a better 1B than Napoli.

No way the ratio to value of Swisher over Napoli is 5 to 3. 5 to 4 more like it - assuming you were talking equal years.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    A few pennies. It should be $13M-$14M per year. Anyone that gives him $15M or more is just stupid - if we are talking 4 years.

Napoli has several advantages over Swisher. He can catch, he's strong in the playoffs, he kills lefties, he rakes in Fenway, he's 13 months younger than Swisher.

Swisher has a good OBP vs LHP. He's good enough to play RF in Fenway for a year or two. However he's awful in the playoffs, doesn't hit as well as Napoli in Fenway. He's a better 1B than Napoli.

No way the ratio to value of Swisher over Napoli is 5 to 3. 5 to 4 more like it - assuming you were talking equal years.
    I would never give Swisher over $15M a season, but if it exactly 15M and at 4 year it might be a little overpay. it is still far from an overpay that is Crawford. Plus we'd be giving up the 38th pick to sign him. Not liking that.

But at the end of the day I rather have a power right handed bat at Fenway and Napoli is easier to transition into a DH post Ortiz. His contract will likely be shorter by 1-2 year and at 3-5M less per.

vCash
    I would never give Swisher over $15M a season, but if it exactly 15M and at 4 year it might be a little overpay. it is still far from an overpay that is Crawford. Plus we'd be giving up the 38th pick to sign him. Not liking that.

But at the end of the day I rather have a power right handed bat at Fenway and Napoli is easier to transition into a DH post Ortiz. His contract will likely be shorter by 1-2 year and at 3-5M less per.
    If just one comes, better Napoli. Less years, can catch, less money per. So yeah.

vCash
    Why would Nap be cheaper then Swish??? Thier career numbers at pretty close. Actually Naps are a little better. Naps a year younger and if he gets signed as a catcher he plays a harder position. The only thing is Napoli has only had 1 season that he's played more than 113 games but thats probably because he's a catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    I'd love to get both of these guys. Then grab Hamilton 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    I'd love to get both of these guys. Then grab Hamilton 2
    So commit over $100 million to 3 guys over 30 again?

Yeah, great suggestions right there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    So commit over $100 million to 3 guys over 30 again?

Yeah, great suggestions right there
    I agree, it's a terrible idea.

vCash
    Getting Hamiltion and Swisher is a pretty bad idea, we'd be throwing money at outfielders who are on the wrong side of 30, and we'll be stuck with their contracts while Brentz, Bradley, and Bogarets are ready to come up.. No thanks. I'd rather stick Gomes, Nava, Kalish and some other FA to split time between the corner outfield positions as stopgaps. If Kalish pans out we can keep or flip him if Ellsbury leaves after this year, if not we cut ties after 2013. It's a bridge year after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_watson_84 View Post
    Getting Hamiltion and Swisher is a pretty bad idea, we'd be throwing money at outfielders who are on the wrong side of 30, and we'll be stuck with their contracts while Brentz, Bradley, and Bogarets are ready to come up.. No thanks. I'd rather stick Gomes, Nava, Kalish and some other FA to split time between the corner outfield positions as stopgaps. If Kalish pans out we can keep or flip him if Ellsbury leaves after this year, if not we cut ties after 2013. It's a bridge year after all.
    I think we should get Napoli and Swisher, put Swisher in RF and Napoli at 1B. When we move Salty or Lavarnway, Napoli can catch and Swisher can play 1B if we need room for another OFer. I don't believe we'll have all our OF prospects come 2014 as I think someone will be moved to acquire a pitcher.

On a subject I have heard none of; what are the odds we resign Ellsbury now considering the money we have to spend? I think I would still rather trade him, but if we can't get the player we want for him I think it's something to be considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustofer1 View Post
    On a subject I have heard none of; what are the odds we resign Ellsbury now considering the money we have to spend? I think I would still rather trade him, but if we can't get the player we want for him I think it's something to be considered.
    Almost zero. The FO has tried to extend him at least 3 times over the past 3-4 years. His agent, Boras doesn't play that.

Given Ells apparent dislike of Boston (so I read), and the horrific crap he went through in '10 over his rib injury I wouldn't like Boston either.

My odds for his fate in Boston is:

1. Traded at the deadline 40%
    2. Traded this off season 30%
    3. Arb'd and we get a pick 20%
    4. Arb'd and accepts the 1 year 7%
    5. Signs a long term extension/deal here 3%

vCash
    If we land Myers I think trading for Mourneau would be a smart move.

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast