Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 649
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Ciriaco over Iglesias? Laughable.
    Iggy is not ready just yet. He still needs to work on improvement in AAA

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    IMO there are not many FA 1st basemen out there. I think we need to focus on our weakness which was pitching and focus on the less weakness which was hitting. We Mauro Gómez I think if we can work with in in ST he can be good at first my lineup

    1st: Gomez
    2nd: Pedroia
    SS: Ciriaco/Iglesias
    3B: Middlebrooks
    RF: Hunter 2 years 15M hes 37 will be 39 if we sign him to 2 years.
    CF: Victorino: I would give him 2 or 3 yrs. money is tricky. I couldn't throw a ballpark
    LF: Nava
    DH: Papi

    This lineup i would be happy with IMO. Again this is my opinion on the lineup and the FA's years and money
    I'm assuming you're trading Ellsbury. Also you're missing a catcher.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    That team probably loses 90 games
    It would probably lose 162 games if there's no catcher to throw to.

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,943
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    IMO there are not many FA 1st basemen out there. I think we need to focus on our weakness which was pitching and focus on the less weakness which was hitting. We Mauro Gómez I think if we can work with in in ST he can be good at first my lineup

    1st: Gomez
    2nd: Pedroia
    SS: Ciriaco/Iglesias
    3B: Middlebrooks
    RF: Hunter 2 years 15M hes 37 will be 39 if we sign him to 2 years.
    CF: Victorino: I would give him 2 or 3 yrs. money is tricky. I couldn't throw a ballpark
    LF: Nava
    DH: Papi

    This lineup i would be happy with IMO. Again this is my opinion on the lineup and the FA's years and money
    I think I will not watch baseball next year.

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    1500
    Once again... It was our pitching that was our problem. And I recall all of you loved these kids when they came on. What happened?? Is it because there not putting up over .300 AVG?

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    I'm assuming you're trading Ellsbury. Also you're missing a catcher.



    It would probably lose 162 games if there's no catcher to throw to.
    Salty/Ross or Ryan/Ross

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southeast, MA
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    It was Pitching that was our problem not hitting

    Why do I bother posting when you and A4Life dont know anything. Hitting was the strongest that is a FACT. Pitching? That was the WORST that is a fact!
    While the primary problem WAS pitching, let's not pretend like we don't have issues facing the line-up as well. Especially after trading away our All-Star 1B and non-All-Star-but-was-signed-to-play-like-one LF.

    The pitching additions will come, I'm sure of that. But Cherington should also be looking to upgrade the team any way he can. From a new 1B to a new OF. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's already heavily implied his focus this offseason will primarily be 1B, OF, and SP.

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    IMO there are not many FA 1st basemen out there. I think we need to focus on our weakness which was pitching and focus on the less weakness which was hitting. We Mauro Gómez I think if we can work with in in ST he can be good at first my lineup

    1st: Gomez
    2nd: Pedroia
    SS: Ciriaco/Iglesias
    3B: Middlebrooks
    RF: Hunter 2 years 15M hes 37 will be 39 if we sign him to 2 years.
    CF: Victorino: I would give him 2 or 3 yrs. money is tricky. I couldn't throw a ballpark
    LF: Nava
    DH: Papi

    This lineup i would be happy with IMO. Again this is my opinion on the lineup and the FA's years and money
    No way you break camp with Gomez, Ciriaco and Nava as your opening day starters.

    If the Sox were a small market team, then I could tend to see your logic, but as a top 5 large market club, that just won't fly.

    Too many other options aside from those whom you've mentioned. The reason most even made the big club last season was out of necessity, not merit.

    Ciriaco I think makes a great utility guy, Nava to me is a 5th OF'er at best,and Gomez is a DH, and shouldn't even be given a glove.

    I like your idea on Hunter, Victorino I would pass on though......

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Once again... It was our pitching that was our problem. And I recall all of you loved these kids when they came on. What happened?? Is it because there not putting up over .300 AVG?
    When we traded Gonzalez hitting became just as much of a problem.

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Iggy is not ready just yet. He still needs to work on improvement in AAA
    That depends.

    Iglesias may never hit his weight, but, depending on what other moves are made, they may be able to live with that one hole in the line-up.

    I personally doubt it, and wish they would either fish or cut bait with him, but if it comes down to the 2, Ciriaco and Iglesias in ST, my bet is they go with Iglesias.......

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    It was Pitching that was our problem not hitting

    Why do I bother posting when you and A4Life dont know anything. Hitting was the strongest that is a FACT. Pitching? That was the WORST that is a fact!
    Mauro Gomez and Nava had nothing to do with how good our offense was. Theyre replacement level or below players. Our team was the worst overall in the division. FACT.

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Once again... It was our pitching that was our problem. And I recall all of you loved these kids when they came on. What happened?? Is it because there not putting up over .300 AVG?
    When the Sox starting going with scrubs like Gomez, Ciriaco and Nava as starters, I canceled my MLB cable package. I have had that package for over decade.

    It was better value for me to drive the approx. 3+ hrs, cross an international border, to watch the Portland Sea Dogs play, than have to watch that sad excuse for a team. That was the worst Red Sox team I have ever watched in the almost 40 years of watching them.

    I for one can tell you I did not love any of those guys.

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    .

    It was better value for me to drive the approx. 3+ hrs, cross an international border, to watch the Portland Sea Dogs play, than have to watch that sad excuse for a team. That was the worst Red Sox team I have ever watched in the almost 40 years of watching them.

    I for one can tell you I did not love any of those guys
    When the Sox starting going with scrubs like Gomez, Ciriaco and Nava as starters, I canceled my MLB cable package. I have had that package for over decade


    Because of them? I cant tell you how dumb that is but thats your opinion over thousands of redsox fans

  13. #538
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Because of them? I cant tell you how dumb that is but thats your opinion over thousands of redsox fans

    About as dumb as your idea of having them all be starters this year?

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    About as dumb as your idea of having them all be starters this year?
    If you read it, It said IMO

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,327
    vCash
    1500
    What I don't think some of you guys realize is that Nava is 30 and Gomez is 28...and they are still scrubs.

    Ciriaco I might be okay with because he played well last year (even though he is 27), and he'd be platooning with Iglesias.

    I never want to see Nava or Gomez starting for us, unless it's because of injury. They both suck.

    Better off signing older guys like Napoli and Hunter.

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •