Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Ya think?
    yeah, I just got hooked on phonics...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I'm pretty sure Napoli wont get $13M per. Texas didnt give him a QO, i dont know wh any team would give him the QO number for multiple years. Honestly 3yrs/$30M wouldnt be too bad for Napoli, but i would prefer 2 much more.

I really want them to just go in the trade direction though. I expect Salty to be part of a deal for a 1B.
    Napoli and his agent were anticipating a nice deal given the '11 season, which dissipated because of '12. His only hope for a big long term deal is a make good deal in'13. I answered a poster on how to get him, including a fat one year deal. His value to the BRS has been well overrated here the past six weeks IMO.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Napoli and his agent were anticipating a nice deal given the '11 season, which dissipated because of '12. His only hope for a big long term deal is a make good deal in'13. I answered a poster on how to get him, including a fat one year deal. His value to the BRS has been well overrated here the past six weeks IMO.
    Totally agree. People are thinking hes some saint yet the team he's been a hero for wont give him a one year QO. He's simply not as good as some people are thinking. It would probably net us a compensation pick and buy us some more time to find a long term 1B. Id be very happy if we gave him a big one year deal. Let him rebuild his value here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Ummm. In no way is WMB a killer #4 hitter.
    Look at the guys in that lineup, assuming that's what we get.

Who else would hit clean-up?

Certainly not Napoli, Choo or Hunter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Look at the guys in that lineup, assuming that's what we get.

Who else would hit clean-up?

Certainly not Napoli, Choo or Hunter.
    Oh dear. Hunter is the clear choice. Choo as much as I like him is a semi-platoon hitter.

Also you labelled them "killer". They might be thanks to the park and a couple of big years - above average - but killer? Like 900 runs? No.

If I had to make a line-up using your expectations it would be:

Ells
    Pedroia
    Ortiz
    Hunter
    Napoli (he works pitchers)
    MWB (he does not)*
    Kalish/etc
    Lavarnway/Ross
    SS (please god, no Iglesias)

* Not to mention he hasn't proven much of anything yet. It's much easier to raise him up in the line-up, then have him fail brutally in the 4 hole and deal with that.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Yea I agree with that. Didnt Hunter hit 3 for the Angels for most of his contract?

vCash
    I want Napoli. His mother in law used to be my teacher and I used to work out with him in the offseason. He's been my favorite non RS for years, I'd love to have him here.

vCash
    IMO there are not many FA 1st basemen out there. I think we need to focus on our weakness which was pitching and focus on the less weakness which was hitting. We Mauro Gómez I think if we can work with in in ST he can be good at first my lineup

1st: Gomez
    2nd: Pedroia
    SS: Ciriaco/Iglesias
    3B: Middlebrooks
    RF: Hunter 2 years 15M hes 37 will be 39 if we sign him to 2 years.
    CF: Victorino: I would give him 2 or 3 yrs. money is tricky. I couldn't throw a ballpark
    LF: Nava
    DH: Papi

This lineup i would be happy with IMO. Again this is my opinion on the lineup and the FA's years and money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    IMO there are not many FA 1st basemen out there. I think we need to focus on our weakness which was pitching and focus on the less weakness which was hitting. We Mauro Gómez I think if we can work with in in ST he can be good at first my lineup

1st: Gomez
    2nd: Pedroia
    SS: Ciriaco/Iglesias
    3B: Middlebrooks
    RF: Hunter 2 years 15M hes 37 will be 39 if we sign him to 2 years.
    CF: Victorino: I would give him 2 or 3 yrs. money is tricky. I couldn't throw a ballpark
    LF: Nava
    DH: Papi

This lineup i would be happy with IMO. Again this is my opinion on the lineup and the FA's years and money
    That team probably loses 90 games

vCash
    If I have to see Mauro, Nava and Ciriaco as everyday players next year, I might just kill myself. After the Punto trade, there is absolutely no reason not to sign guys like Napoli, Victorino, etc to "make good" contracts and hopefully turn those guys into draft picks.

vCash
    It was Pitching that was our problem not hitting

Why do I bother posting when you and A4Life dont know anything. Hitting was the strongest that is a FACT. Pitching? That was the WORST that is a fact!
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 11-12-2012 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    If I have to see Mauro, Nava and Ciriaco as everyday players next year, I might just kill myself. After the Punto trade, there is absolutely no reason not to sign guys like Napoli, Victorino, etc to "make good" contracts and hopefully turn those guys into draft picks.
    I just laughed out loud during a conference call. hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Ciriaco I might be able to live with for a year. Rather him than Iglesias. Mauro and Nava that is absolutely no excuse for considering the number of other options available. Like you said worse case scenario is to sign Napoli and Victorino short term and get a couple picks out of them. Mauro Gomez and Daniel Nava are just a waste of a lineup spot for the next year.

vCash
    With that lineup if they can put up those numbers it averages out to .284 How does that make us loose 90 games? Wasn't pitching the problem? Were Clay or Josh gave up 9 runs in the 1st inning?

Our pittching last year ERA was 19.47 Combined! AVG= 4.86

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Ciriaco I might be able to live with for a year. Rather him than Iglesias. Mauro and Nava that is absolutely no excuse for considering the number of other options available. Like you said worse case scenario is to sign Napoli and Victorino short term and get a couple picks out of them. Mauro Gomez and Daniel Nava are just a waste of a lineup spot for the next year.
    Ciriaco over Iglesias? Laughable.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast