Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Well no way i'd want to get rid of Webster, or Brentz for Rizzo. Jacobs i'm ok with. Do you think we could catch a break by taking on Soriano?? To me it'd be worth taking on that contract because I believe Rizzo is going to be a top 5 1B.
    Theo drafted Rizzo, dealt him, and then traded for him to have him.

Theo is very high on Rizzo, no way he'd handing him over without first class specs coming back.

Taking on Soriano would help a lot, but at least 2 major specs would be headed to Chicago anyhow.

Basically Theo doesn't want to trade him. If you want him, the cost will be extreme. Find another target, or better yet, draft our own Rizzo.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Just curious as I don't think Wright will be a Met next year. Would the Redsox be interested in a Middlebrooks, cechini, Brentz swap for duda and wright.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Just curious as I don't think Wright will be a Met next year. Would the Redsox be interested in a Middlebrooks, cechini, Brentz swap for duda and wright.
    Why would you ask for two third baseman and no. Duda is worth next to nothing and wright is a huge rental risk. I doubt the Mets would get enough to trade Wright from any team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Why would you ask for two third baseman and no. Duda is worth next to nothing and wright is a huge rental risk. I doubt the Mets would get enough to trade Wright from any team.
    Obviously any trade for Wright would include a timetable for a contract extension.

vCash
    Obviously any trade for Wright would include a timetable for a contract extension.
    Wright is a mess though. I wouldnt want him because hes going to get a huge deal and is a huge injury risk. I can't see the Sox going after him or any 3B since they're pretty deep there in their farm system.

vCash
    I wouldn't real Middlebrooks (6 year of control) for a rental. There is absolutely no reason why Boston FO would even considered it. If they deal Middlebrooks and prospects, they looking for Pedro Martinez 2.0 back. Haha.

Dickey would be an interesting guy to trade for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368:24252820
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Well no way i'd want to get rid of Webster, or Brentz for Rizzo. Jacobs i'm ok with. Do you think we could catch a break by taking on Soriano?? To me it'd be worth taking on that contract because I believe Rizzo is going to be a top 5 1B.
    Theo drafted Rizzo, dealt him, and then traded for him to have him.

Theo is very high on Rizzo, no way he'd handing him over without first class specs coming back.

Taking on Soriano would help a lot, but at least 2 major specs would be headed to Chicago anyhow.

Basically Theo doesn't want to trade him. If you want him, the cost will be extreme. Find another target, or better yet, draft our own Rizzo.
    How do you feel about Justin Smoak??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I wouldn't real Middlebrooks (6 year of control) for a rental. There is absolutely no reason why Boston FO would even considered it. If they deal Middlebrooks and prospects, they looking for Pedro Martinez 2.0 back. Haha.

Bc if the Mets were to deal Wright it would most likely be pending a contract extension with the team he would be traded to.

Also he is not an injury risk he has only been hurt once in his career. Wright would MASH with the Fenway dimensions and should have won a GG this year. Anyways it was just a suggestion figured you needed a 1b with power and plate dicipline which Duda has. Figured it would be easier to find a right hitting 1B to platoon with Duda then to find an everyday star level 1B as their isn't much to choose from.

As far as the poster before you commenting on why the Mets would ask for 2 thirdbasemen. The Mets drafted cechini's brother as a SS. It's also believed that the redsox cechini has enough range to play 2b which outside of Murphy the Mets are lacking.

vCash
    Bc if the Mets were to deal Wright it would most likely be pending a contract extension with the team he would be traded to.

Also he is not an injury risk he has only been hurt once in his career. Wright would MASH with the Fenway dimensions and should have won a GG this year. Anyways it was just a suggestion figured you needed a 1b with power and plate dicipline which Duda has. Figured it would be easier to find a right hitting 1B to platoon with Duda then to find an everyday star level 1B as their isn't much to choose from.

As far as the poster before you commenting on why the Mets would ask for 2 thirdbasemen. The Mets drafted cechini's brother as a SS. It's also believed that the redsox cechini has enough range to play 2b which outside of Murphy the Mets are lacking.
    The Red Sox has no need for 3B. Middlebrooks is their guy, young and cost control. Wright doesn't make any sense for them. This is a moot issue.

There are a couple of 1B on the market that only cost cash. The only 1B they might want to trade for is a younger guy like Anthony Rizzo. They want a real masher here, all-star type player.

Cecchini is too big to play 2B, 6'3'' and 230+ when he reaches the major.

The Sox are loaded with SS prospects that could slide to 2B. I could see them dealing them ( Vinicio, Marrero, Iglesias, Lin).

vCash

V Mart

Does anybody think we could aquire V Mart from Detroit. I think Detroit could use the salary relief to fill other holes. He has 2 yrs left on at 12+mil. He is a veteran leader who thrived in Boston. Not the best !st baseman but you could do alot worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabine6679 View Post
    Does anybody think we could aquire V Mart from Detroit. I think Detroit could use the salary relief to fill other holes. He has 2 yrs left on at 12+mil. He is a veteran leader who thrived in Boston. Not the best !st baseman but you could do alot worse
    Yes. But Detroit is making noises about keeping him.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Why are so many people interested in trading Middlebrooks and Cecchini. Really?! We finally have two good third baseman prospects who can hit the ball and all of a sudden everybody;s looking to trade them for other people's problems.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete9393 View Post
    Why are so many people interested in trading Middlebrooks and Cecchini. Really?! We finally have two good third baseman prospects who can hit the ball and all of a sudden everybody;s looking to trade them for other people's problems.
    I'm not one of them!

vCash
    I'm not one of them!
    Hahaha. Glad to hear we're no all insane hear.
    "Those of you who think they know everything annoy those of us that do"

Proud to be PSD's Adam McQuaid and Jarrod Saltalamacchia

vCash
    I wouldn't touch him. He's a 3 dressed up as a 9.....

He may have finally found his grove at 35-36 yrs old and his peak year of 38....... he gets hammered in the AL.
    Last edited by taffi101; 11-10-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast