Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Maybe we could trade Ells for Davis and a starter?
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    IMO, WMB will be the Sox' starting 1B in 2-3 years anyway so I really don't think it's smart to trade much for that position at all unless you think it's smart to block Xander Bogaerts.
    Perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    Maybe we could trade Ells for Davis and a starter?
    I wish they needed a SS. Flip them Iglesias and Salty and a 26 year old spec with not much upside. Maybe a 3 way deal...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I wish they needed a SS. Flip them Iglesias and Salty and a 26 year old spec with not much upside. Maybe a 3 way deal...
    I have a funny feeling that if the sox tried to get Davis....The Mets would try and dump Bay's contract on the Sox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Sure i am, but youre also taking a chance on his september being semi-real. Honestly not many scouts have faith in Brentz, and we as a fanbase overrate him too. His defense is nothing special, he strikes out a ton, and has problems with his approach. He is expendable. Whether i would trade him for Smoak depends on several things like what other moves we make or whatever options we have. It may not be ideal but its not something that would be insane.
    So you are willing to take a risk on Smoak's month being a sign that he will continue to produce like that but you won't take a risk on Brentz continuing to learn and make adjustments? Smoak has been in the big leagues for quite some time, I'll give Brentz a shot before I deal him away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    So you are willing to take a risk on Smoak's month being a sign that he will continue to produce like that but you won't take a risk on Brentz continuing to learn and make adjustments? Smoak has been in the big leagues for quite some time, I'll give Brentz a shot before I deal him away.
    Idk tough call. I mean i wouldnt put too much stock in one month.

There's also the chance Brentz can fix his approach and struggles in AAA, evaporating all of his value. His value dipped a bit already this year i would say. Still he probably has the edge over Smoak.

Id rather do something like Brentz + Britton for Smoak + Victor Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf82 View Post
    I have a funny feeling that if the sox tried to get Davis....The Mets would try and dump Bay's contract on the Sox.
    Bay hates the ownership/FO, even if its changed somewhat. He'd do better here, but nowhere near the money he has coming.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I would take Bay's contract if it got us Davis (and we give a small piece). Bay could be a filler until Bradley is ready to come up. Just dont let Bay get 600 PAs and its a one year commitment.

I didnt know he hates the FO though. Can't blame him there.

vCash
    Actually Nomar, Brentz worked on his approach and towards the second half they found something that appeared to work well with him. Too early to give up on him and trade him away for someone who is vastly overrated and unproven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Actually Nomar, Brentz worked on his approach and towards the second half they found something that appeared to work well with him. Too early to give up on him and trade him away for someone who is vastly overrated and unproven.
    Understandable. And btw i never said give up on brentz. I still think he can be a starting RF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar_RA View Post
    Sure i am, but youre also taking a chance on his september being semi-real. Honestly not many scouts have faith in Brentz, and we as a fanbase overrate him too. His defense is nothing special, he strikes out a ton, and has problems with his approach. He is expendable. Whether i would trade him for Smoak depends on several things like what other moves we make or whatever options we have. It may not be ideal but its not something that would be insane.
    I understand these two that I'm about to compare are not the same player, but I remember when no one thought Reddick would be any good because his plate discipline and now look at him. I just think if you give Brentz a little more time he can potentially be really good.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    I understand these two that I'm about to compare are not the same player, but I remember when no one thought Reddick would be any good because his plate discipline and now look at him. I just think if you give Brentz a little more time he can potentially be really good.
    Reddick's plate discipline isn't any better, as his .304 OBP would attest to. He had two good months this year, May and June OBP wise, and if you look, aside from April, he has trended downward every month, to a lowly .289 & .214 in August and September.

Nothing there to show me his plate discipline has improved. From all accounts he still swings and misses alot, in the strike zone and out of it. Good HR totals and RBI total's, but all in all, I don't miss him.

As far as Brentz goes, I agree, give him a chance, he can hit..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    IMO, WMB will be the Sox' starting 1B in 2-3 years anyway so I really don't think it's smart to trade much for that position at all unless you think it's smart to block Xander Bogaerts.
    I dont think so. He's not that good of a hitter

No way we would take on Bay's contract

vCash
    The Mets need OF help but Ellsbury wouldn't happen because they would have no intention on re-signing him after next season.

The injury problems with Ellsbury 2 out of the last 3 seasons is a concern as well.

We don't expect anyone to Jason's contract btw lol, the Mets know he is completely untradeable.

How do you guys feel about Johan though?
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Mets need OF help but Ellsbury wouldn't happen because they would have no intention on re-signing him after next season.

The injury problems with Ellsbury 2 out of the last 3 seasons is a concern as well.

We don't expect anyone to Jason's contract btw lol, the Mets know he is completely untradeable.

How do you guys feel about Johan though?
    I would take Johan's contract in the right deal.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast