Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another option if they go platoon road is Bryan LaHair from the Cubs. He's displaced with Rizzo taking over 1B. One of Pimentel/Britton for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Cherington already said he views Mauro and Sands are platoon guys. Doubt they get the 1B gig unless we bring in a guy who mashes RHP. Personally, of the guys in FA, only one that really intrigues me is Napoli because of what he could do playing half his games in Fenway.
    It's the other half of games that worries me with Napoli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    It's the other half of games that worries me with Napoli.
    Half of the games with 9 at Camden Yard, Toronto, Yankee Stadium and a bunch of games in Texas, Houston?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Half of the games with 9 at Camden Yard, Toronto, Yankee Stadium and a bunch of games in Texas, Houston?
    yup, those ones....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    In 2012, Napoli was excellent in 4 parks (Bost, Balt, Det, LAA, Tex) and meh or awful in the other 10.

The year before - great in 11, and poor/awful in 4. The first year is a more common shape then 2011 in his career.

He strikes out a lot, walks a lot, and has a lot of power. He'd be a killer #7 hitter here, and in Fenway likely good at #6. He's got no business at #1-#5.

On balance he's a a good bet here. But if he shows up with a 3 year deal for $39M, I won't be happy. Two for $23? Fine.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Most FA I would not want over 2 year. Napoli, Ross, Hunter. If they want more, let them finds it elsewhere.

vCash
    The Red Sox are known to have Mike Napoli on their radar and are targeting him as an option at first base. However, multiple industry sources tell Lauber that the veteran strongly prefers to stay behind the plate. That doesn't come as a major surprise considering his value is greater as a catcher than a first baseman.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#8ICJtrSyv6MGk44Z.99
    damn......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    damn......
    pshaw! That's easy...

2/5 for Ross - his choice of 2 pitchers to work with
    2/5 for Lavarnway - he can try out DH/PH/1B a bit to make up the shortfall.
    1/5 for Napoli and tell him, your hitting is better at 1B (psst, it's a lie), so you'll have to best of both, and don't forget, $14M for one year...

Then you have him.

I'm not losing sleep if we don't sign him.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    In 2012, Napoli was excellent in 4 parks (Bost, Balt, Det, LAA, Tex) and meh or awful in the other 10.

The year before - great in 11, and poor/awful in 4. The first year is a more common shape then 2011 in his career.

He strikes out a lot, walks a lot, and has a lot of power. He'd be a killer #7 hitter here, and in Fenway likely good at #6. He's got no business at #1-#5.

On balance he's a a good bet here. But if he shows up with a 3 year deal for $39M, I won't be happy. Two for $23? Fine.
    L Ellsbury
    R Pedroia
    L Ortiz
    R Middlebrooks
    L/R Choo/Hunter (I'd prefer Choo so we can go L/R throughout the lineup)
    R Napoli

That's a killer 1-6, but the key would be Ellsbury's play/health at the leadoff spot.

Then, on days where Sands plays LF, it would be:

R Sands
    R Lavarnway/Ross
    R Ciriaco/Iglesias

Days where Kalish plays LF, it would be:

R Lavarnway/Ross
    L Kalish
    R Ciriaco/Iglesias

Not too shabby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla.SticKy View Post
    Well said!!!!!!
    Not that well said. He found his "grove"? A grove of what? Pine trees? Oaks? Maybe apple trees?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Napoli wont get $13M per. Texas didnt give him a QO, i dont know wh any team would give him the QO number for multiple years. Honestly 3yrs/$30M wouldnt be too bad for Napoli, but i would prefer 2 much more.

I really want them to just go in the trade direction though. I expect Salty to be part of a deal for a 1B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Not that well said. He found his "grove"? A grove of what? Pine trees? Oaks? Maybe apple trees?
    Groove....................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taffi101 View Post
    Groove....................
    Ya think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    L Ellsbury
    R Pedroia
    L Ortiz
    R Middlebrooks
    L/R Choo/Hunter (I'd prefer Choo so we can go L/R throughout the lineup)
    R Napoli

That's a killer 1-6, but the key would be Ellsbury's play/health at the leadoff spot.

Then, on days where Sands plays LF, it would be:

R Sands
    R Lavarnway/Ross
    R Ciriaco/Iglesias

Days where Kalish plays LF, it would be:

R Lavarnway/Ross
    L Kalish
    R Ciriaco/Iglesias

Not too shabby.
    Ummm. In no way is WMB a killer #4 hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Agreed. More of a complimentary guy, than a teams bread and butter.

2011 seems more of an outlier than a future projection for Napoli.

Numbers are pretty much a wash across the board for all years sans 2011. I could live with 2 years, although he isn't my first choice.

Reminds me a little of Pete Incaviglia.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast