Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Red Sox 1B options

Here's a list of my sign/realistic trade candidates (that means no Mark Trumbo) to play 1B for the Red Sox next season:

Justin Morneau (could get at moderate trade price)
    Ike Davis (could get at moderate trade price)
    Eric Hosmer (at right price, idk if KC is ready to give up on him yet)
    Kendrys Morales (could get at cheap in a trade)
    Brandon Belt (same goes for him as Hosmer)
    Mike Napoli (FA, will be expensive)
    Adam LaRoche (FA, will be expensive)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

vCash
    I'd take a chance on Ike Davis, and Morales. Seems like both teams wanna get rid of them. The Mets seem to want Duda at 1st, and the Angels have Pujols at 1st. So both seem expendible.
    Last edited by wolf82; 09-18-2012 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    Ike Davis makes the most sense. With no clear 1B of the future, he could be a nice acquisition since he won't be a free agent until 2017.

vCash
    Davis is my first choice. Id love Belt but Davis' price is more reasonable and hes more of a sure thing IMO.

vCash
    Hosmer would be my first choice, with Davis being a close second.

vCash
    Hosmer isnt getting traded especially now when he has years of control and is at his lowest value. No way.

Plus, the Sox are really gonna need lefty power once Ortiz is gone, and Davis would add that 30 HR bat we need from the left side. Hosmer will hit for a higher BA but not as much power in all likelihood.
    Last edited by Nomar; 09-18-2012 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    Morales? No thanks!

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Morales? No thanks!
    He would be a cheap stop gap for a year or two. My first choice would be Ike Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf82 View Post
    I'd take a chance on Ike Davis, and Morales. Seems like both teams wanna get rid of them. The Mets seem to want Duda at 1st, and the Angels have Pujols at 1st. So both seem expendible.
    I agree. Davis is my first choice because he's more cost-controlled, younger, and a better power hitter.

vCash
    I would rather have Mauro Gomez start at 1B than have to trade for Morales. That guy is good in August, thats it, is bad defensively, and declines more and more every year.

vCash
    Davis might make some sense, but would the Mets really let him go for cheap? I mean, Salty and Aceves is not nothing (Salty is having a fine year, for a catcher), but Davis is under control for more years.

But Salty jumps out to me as one of the likeliest trade-candidates from our 25 man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Davis might make some sense, but would the Mets really let him go for cheap? I mean, Salty and Aceves is not nothing (Salty is having a fine year, for a catcher), but Davis is under control for more years.

But Salty jumps out to me as one of the likeliest trade-candidates from our 25 man.
    You could add De La Cruz. They could use an OF who can hit.

I would even consider Kalish + Salty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    He would be a cheap stop gap for a year or two. My first choice would be Ike Davis.
    Exactly. Hosmer isn't getting moved. Butler on the other hand maybe a better option and more likelt to be moved by the royals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    He has one good hitting month all year (seriously). He's a platoon hitter too.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    If we are to flip Ellsbury to Texas in the offseason for Andrus, why not try acquiring Michael Young while we are at it to play 1st base? He's still a very good 'professional' right handed middle of the order type hitter that keeps the line rolling.

It's not like we can't afford him now for the next 2 years. I'd gladly take him because we're gonna need some veteran hitters to blend in with this mass of inexperience we're about to rely on next season and beyond.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast