Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mourinho appointed

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Jose Mourinho as First Team Manager.

Mourinho has signed a four-year contract and will return to the club where he won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and two League Cups between 2004 and 2007.

Ron Gourlay, Chelsea FC Chief Executive, said: 'I am delighted to welcome Jose back to Chelsea. His continued success, drive and ambition made him the outstanding candidate.

'It is our aim to keep the club moving forward to achieve greater success in the future and Jose is our number one choice as we believe he is the right manager to do just that.

'He was and remains a hugely popular figure at the club and everyone here looks forward to working with him again.'

Since leaving Chelsea in 2007, the 50-year-old Portuguese has worked in Italy with Inter and Spain with Real Madrid, lifting three league championships, two domestic cups and the Champions League.

Originally appointed at Stamford Bridge in 2004, immediately after winning Europe's top competition with Porto, he quickly achieved success securing his first trophy for the club as early as February 2005, when we beat Liverpool 3-2 after extra-time in Cardiff to win the Carling Cup. We went on to win the league that season with a record 95 points and a record low of just 15 goals conceded in 38 games.

The club celebrated consecutive championships in our centenary 2005/06 season, secured with a 3-0 win over Manchester United in late April, and the next campaign we were able to add the Carling Cup with victory over Arsenal in Cardiff, and the FA Cup when United were beaten again in the first senior game at the new Wembley.

Mourinho departed by mutual consent in September 2007, going on to develop his already impressive CV by winning the Serie A twice in two years and the Champions League with Inter, before joining Real Madrid in 2010, where he lifted both La Liga and the Copa Del Rey, ending his stay in Spain yesteday.

He brings three coaching staff with him in Rui Faria, Silvino Louro and Jose Morais. Each carries the title of Assistant First Team Coach and will work alongside current first team staff Steve Holland, Christophe Lollichon and Chris Jones.

The new manager will be officially presented in a press conference at Stamford Bridge on Monday 10 June, further details of which will follow in due course.
    http://www.chelseafc.com/news-articl...inho-appointed

FINALLY made official

vCash
    good news for Chelsea, bad news for David Luiz, Ramires and Oscar

vCash
    Does Mourinho not like Brazilians?

vCash
    yes!!!!!!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Does Mourinho not like Brazilians?
    he has a thing for benching them, i just hope he won't do the same to Oscar

vCash
    I think he's gonna use him like he did Modric. Start him in the double pivot and then use him as #10 when Mata's on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDrive View Post
    he has a thing for benching them, i just hope he won't do the same to Oscar
    Oscar has the most to be worried about. Luiz will get his starts as he is quickly becoming one of the top defenders in the EPL. Rameries fits mou's coaching style even tho to be honest I think he should be more of a sub than an every day starter. Oscar is in the most trouble because of all the competition he faces. Namely, hazard, mata, shuttle, Moses.

vCash
    Luiz? Top defender? lolwut?
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Luiz is awesome.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Oscar has the most to be worried about. Luiz will get his starts as he is quickly becoming one of the top defenders in the EPL. Rameries fits mou's coaching style even tho to be honest I think he should be more of a sub than an every day starter. Oscar is in the most trouble because of all the competition he faces. Namely, hazard, mata, shuttle, Moses.
    that's exactly what i'm worried about, if Oscar gets subbed or sees inconsistent playing time for next season than Brazil is even more ****ed for the WC. he's been consistently the best performer for Brazil in national games, i just hope Mou won't **** up his budding development

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    I think he's gonna use him like he did Modric. Start him in the double pivot and then use him as #10 when Mata's on the bench.
    he's played a few times in that position for Internacional, he's got a good defensive awareness to be deployed there too

vCash
    i heard rumors mou wants to get rid of luiz and ivanovic and send them to barca

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Luiz? Top defender? lolwut?
    Yea top defender... He still has some brain farts, so to speak, from time to time but dude is a beast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDrive View Post
    that's exactly what i'm worried about, if Oscar gets subbed or sees inconsistent playing time for next season than Brazil is even more ****ed for the WC. he's been consistently the best performer for Brazil in national games, i just hope Mou won't **** up his budding development

he's played a few times in that position for Internacional, he's got a good defensive awareness to be deployed there too
    I understand your concern and if the latter comment is true that will be interesting to see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alencp3 View Post
    i heard rumors mou wants to get rid of luiz and ivanovic and send them to barca
    Haven't heard about ivanovic. Heard that about luiz but I doubt it. The kid is too good to sell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast