Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Marshawn Lynch

vCash

Marshawn Lynch

At 28 years old he has 8,000 rushing yards ( just shy of 10,000 from scrimmage) , 67 TD's ( 75 from scrimmage), a ring, and an all time run in the playoffs.

I think the biggest thing for me is his style I loved him in Buffalo and even more so on the Seahawks. He is a true throwback to guys like Earl Campbell and I think he is pretty universally respected on the field ( off it is a different story.) But he is one of the few guys I have never heard anyone speak poorly about his ability and heart.

How much more would he have to do to be a hall of famer?

Do you think he ever makes it in?
    Last edited by alexander_37; 11-10-2014 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    Not even in the discussion, and I like Lynch, a lot.

OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not even in the discussion, and I like Lynch, a lot.
    I realize without at LEAST 2 really good seasons he doesn't stand a chance.

But I would love to see him get in over guys like Alexander, Edge, Steven Jackson, and Gore ect. He just seems like more of a HOF type player if you know what I mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    I realize without at LEAST 2 really good seasons he doesn't stand a chance.

But I would love to see him get in over guys like Alexander, Edge, Steven Jackson, and Gore ect. He just seems like more of a HOF type player if you know what I mean.
    I like him a lot too but not on the same level as Edge, Gore, or Jackson, not nearly as consistent and definitely not the passing game weapon those guys were.

I couldn't put him over Alexander either yet. That 100 TD's in 5 years for him was insane at the time.

Guys I would have over him right now that aren't in the HOF

Craig, LT, Edge, Bettis, Dillon, Jackson, Chuck Foreman, Dunn, Watters, Peterson, Gore, TD, Ottis Anderson, Muncie, Priest...

Guys I would put around him

Jamal Lewis, Eddie George, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, Don Perkins, MJD, Rice, Portis, Terry Allen, Ahman Green, Arian Foster, Jamal Charles.

Yeah you can move some of them around, and he probably will continue upward for a couple more years, but while I like him a lot, I don't think he seems any more a HOF player than those other guys other than the fact that right at this moment we are seeing him at his very best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    At 28 years old he has 8,000 rushing yards ( just shy of 10,000 from scrimmage) , 67 TD's ( 75 from scrimmage), a ring, and an all time run in the playoffs.

I think the biggest thing for me is his style I loved him in Buffalo and even more so on the Seahawks. He is a true throwback to guys like Earl Campbell and I think he is pretty universally respected on the field ( off it is a different story.) But he is one of the few guys I have never heard anyone speak poorly about his ability and heart.

How much more would he have to do to be a hall of famer?

Do you think he ever makes it in?
    Your 6th all time leading rusher in NFL history is the same exact type of runner and hasn't gotten in yet....so I say no. There just isn't an appreciation for pure runners in the hall right now. They are trying to get as many "slash" backs as possible to reflect the times. HOF is always like that. Try to reflect what football is like now.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Your 6th all time leading rusher in NFL history is the same exact type of runner and hasn't gotten in yet....so I say no. There just isn't an appreciation for pure runners in the hall right now. They are trying to get as many "slash" backs as possible to reflect the times. HOF is always like that. Try to reflect what football is like now.
    True, but offensive guys already get a really big boost to them as it is. What is it, post 1978, its 2 to 1 offense vs. defense at getting in?