Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Colts Sign Hilton To 5 Year, $65 Million Extension

@AdamSchefter: Colts gave WR T.Y. Hilton a five-year, $65 million deal, per source.

Not a bad deal at all IMO.

Seems fair

Was wondering if they would or not, seemed like drafting his clone in Dorsett may have signaled a willingness to let him go.

Idk the guarantees, but doesn't seem too bad.

Rotoworld says $39M is guaranteed. Good for him.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

Seems a little high, in my opinion, but depends on the yearly numbers.

I'm not a big TY guy, but the deal seems fair.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

I know some don't necessarily agree, but if they waited till next year, the WR rate would go up with Julio and Green not signed yet and the cap raising, could've raised his price. Julio could get signed this year though. I just think waiting could bite teams in the butt if they truly found him indispensable.

Indy's WR core is full of high picks though, so I just can't see him having quite the same year as last. You draft Moncrief relatively high while showing quality glimpses and use a 1st on Dorsett, you have to fund a way to work them in. Then there's AJ and the TE duo. Probably was wise for TY to take that while he could. Might've lost a fair amount of leverage had he waited. I don't think Indy overpaid that much, but considering all they've invested in the others, maybe doesn't make as much sense as I first thought.

It seems a tad high but nothing to complain over, he's a very solid player.

Probably about as good as the Colts could do. Seems fair. Not understanding the 1st round draft pick this year though at WR unless they were extremely, extremely high on him and he is a can't miss. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

No complaints from me.
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Probably about as good as the Colts could do. Seems fair. Not understanding the 1st round draft pick this year though at WR unless they were extremely, extremely high on him and he is a can't miss. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    I posted this in the Pre Season news thread:

Colts had Dorsett ranked in the top 15, so they thought getting a top 15 player at 29 was too good to pass up. Basically they thought Dorsett was so good (they reportedly view him as a superstar) that it wasn't worth taking defense at 29. They also saw how much the passing game melted down when Hilton got double teams because WR2 and WR3 couldn't beat their man. So the Colts like their chances with Dorsett vs other team's 2nd/3rd corner. It also gives them a lot of flexibility... they can go big in the redzone with Moncrief and Andre, or they can stretch the field with Hilton/Dorsett/Moncrief.
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    I know some don't necessarily agree, but if they waited till next year, the WR rate would go up with Julio and Green not signed yet and the cap raising, could've raised his price. Julio could get signed this year though. I just think waiting could bite teams in the butt if they truly found him indispensable.

Indy's WR core is full of high picks though, so I just can't see him having quite the same year as last. You draft Moncrief relatively high while showing quality glimpses and use a 1st on Dorsett, you have to fund a way to work them in. Then there's AJ and the TE duo. Probably was wise for TY to take that while he could. Might've lost a fair amount of leverage had he waited. I don't think Indy overpaid that much, but considering all they've invested in the others, maybe doesn't make as much sense as I first thought.
    This

Every new WR signing makes me love Jordy's contract more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Seems a little high, in my opinion, but depends on the yearly numbers.
    I think the Colts got a good deal. Assuming he puts up a similar season this year, I'm sure he could of gotten more money from another team thru free agency.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast