Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Walt Weiss is now interviewing for the job.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...ger-candidates
    The Rockies' managerial search has reached the evaluation stage.

Team owner Dick Monfort, general manager Dan O'Dowd and assistant GM Bill Geivett are scheduled to meet later this week to discuss the candidates.

At this time, there are six named candidates: Bench coach Tom Runnells; 41-year-old veteran player Jason Giambi; former Rockies shortstop Walt Weiss; former White Sox and Mets manager Jerry Manuel; former Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin; and current Diamondbacks bench coach Matt Williams.

A major-league source said Tuesday that the list is not likely to expand, but didn't rule out the possibility that the Rockies could decided to talk to another candidate.
    The Rockies have expressed interest in San Francisco Giants bench coach Ron Wotus, but as of Tuesday no interview had been scheduled.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    A few days ago we traded Matt Reynolds to Arizona for Zach Wheeler. He's an infield prospect. Put up great numbers in the minors but not anything spectacular when he played in 50 major league games this last season. Heard a few people say he might be moved again for a pitcher.

vCash
    Well, Fox Sports is saying the Reds like Dexter and we like Homer Bailey. Wondering if anything will come to form over this next week.

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m...tings/12345181

vCash
    cardinals plethora of pitching prospects for tulo lol a man can dream

vCash
    Hahaha

49ers.....:10-3-1 gotta luv the tie(last one ever.Callin it)
    SHARKS... NHL givin us some time
    GIANTS.... 2010 CHAMPS and 2012 WOW!!!
    SDSU AZTECS... Ranked #17 all day
    GS WARRIORS..Watch out lake show**updateClip show
    [x]resign Pagan/Affeldft/Marco
    []sign HAMILTON Awww
    [ ] sign G.Sizemore/T.Harfner BENCH 1y - 1 mil
    [ ] sign Mike Adams 3y - 12mil
    [ ] resign the BEARD/MVPOSEY (make it rain sabs)
    [ ] REPEAT 3 outta 4

vCash
    Any word on the Dexter Fowler trade front... Saw one small rumor about trading with Reds, and Rays. Rays get Dex, Cinci gets Catcher, we would get Shields or Hellixson.... Im down with that.. Dex is too inconsistent and too much of a long strider to be a base stealer (although great at tracking down balls, and going from first to third) and God we could use the pitching. Shields has some sick stuff but he is prone to give up the HR. Don't know enough about Helixson to comment on him.

Say it ain't so Von say it ain't so!!!

vCash
    I haven't heard much, just that it'd take "a lot". I guess we're interested in OF Matt Downs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katspinal1313 View Post
    Any word on the Dexter Fowler trade front... Saw one small rumor about trading with Reds, and Rays. Rays get Dex, Cinci gets Catcher, we would get Shields or Hellixson.... Im down with that.. Dex is too inconsistent and too much of a long strider to be a base stealer (although great at tracking down balls, and going from first to third) and God we could use the pitching. Shields has some sick stuff but he is prone to give up the HR. Don't know enough about Helixson to comment on him.
    I'd do that trade. As for Hellickson he's solid along with Sheids. He won the ROY 2 years ago. As for the latest I've seen with Dex, people are saying were in early trade talks with the Reds. Names that would be probably be in a package are P Leake (gets a lot of K's and doesn't walk many. He'd be included because Chapman is taking his place in the rotation) and OF Stubbs (Fowler replacement). Both Rosenthal from FOX and Renck from the post are reporting those names. I'd hope there'd be pitching prospect(s) for us in that deal. Right now I'm neutral on that package.

vCash
    Im guessing with the Shields to the Royals trade, that idea is out the window... Only the Reds left with a Leake trade a possibility... not thrilled with that idea

vCash
    hope rockies get lucky and appel drops to us

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    With all these wonderful moves we have made, I feel like we are now poised to dominate MLB, Dodgers and Giants better watch out.... I feel particularly confident in our pitching!

vCash
    Jeff Francis deal is official! Playoffs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Jeff Francis deal is official! Playoffs!
    Woot woot! And I had been worried about pitching..... In the Monforts we trust

vCash
    BR has the Rockies payroll at an estimated 71.3m Sort of pales in comparison to the Dodgers estimated 213.8m

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...2-roster.shtml

Rockies have 55.5m vested in guaranteed contracts, rough estimated 10.3m for the arbitration eligible players and 5.5m for additional players to fill the roster.

The estimated payroll is 4.2m beneath last years payroll.

I'll be headed into the 2013 season with the same hopes of .500 or better record and a season winning series against the Dodgers.

Batboy: Get a hit, Crash.
    Crash: Shut Up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast