Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Well, i was hoping the rockies would at least make one or two moves to improve the ballclub but it looks like resigning Francis is going to be the biggest move of the offseason

still no pitching, bullpen is much weaker than last season, dont have too high of hopes for de la rosa to make a significant impact, looks like another season of subpar play, i would be impressed if we get close to .500

at least there'll be some interesting young guys to watch develop

vCash
    It be badass if Rockies were focused on winning, with Cargo and Tulo, they need a Felix Hernandez to win a championship.

shoot send rasario, Colvin, Fowler, and 3rd overall pick for Felix and robinson. that be awesome for us and felix.
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 01-06-2013 at 11:17 PM.

BLUE MOUNTAIN STATE The MOVIE KICKSTARTER!
    Help out here: http://kck.st/1gykzcC <

vCash
    I guess DP is reporting the team is looking at Jair Jurrjens, Derek Lowe, and will watch Brandon Webb's workout when it happens. All of those guys would make the rotation, for what it's worth, but it pisses me off to think that management is fine putting the fans through another nightmarish season. And I don't think that'll change without a different ownership/management.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by denverfan66 View Post
    I guess DP is reporting the team is looking at Jair Jurrjens, Derek Lowe, and will watch Brandon Webb's workout when it happens. All of those guys would make the rotation, for what it's worth, but it pisses me off to think that management is fine putting the fans through another nightmarish season. And I don't think that'll change without a different ownership/management.
    Couldn't agree more. This is awful. Colvin just got a new contract.

vCash
    its gonna be tough watching them this season, dont see how theyve done anything but get worse this offseason

ray: just send Cuddyer or Fowler or both and prospects for ONE decent proven, pitching cornerstone, deosnt even have to be a total ace guy just a guy that is worthy of being a #2 on most teams

vCash
    We just signed Torrealba. Happy to have him again but this isn't what we should spending our money on.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/TroyRenck
    Chacin 2 yr deal for $6.5 million is pending a physical. Likely will be around $2.1 M this year and $4.4 next.But that's just educated guess
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    I agree with Iggles. At some point the Rocks have to trade away some of their current talent or depth for some pitching. I see some potential in the Rockies lineup, although I dread another season of watching Rosario catch. The Monforts need to be realistic (and reasonable in their expectation on a return) and move Fowler or Rosario for some much needed rotational help. Depending on Chacin as a #1 isn't going to cut it. De La Rosa at #2 makes me laugh even harder. We all know the Rockies don't have what it takes in their system to land a Felix Hernandez, but I'd settle for a Matt Garza type pitcher.

vCash
    I'm ready for baseball but I think this season is going to be awful. Without adding pitching we don't stand a chance.

vCash
    Looks like we're interested in Niemann (Rays) and Capuano (Dodgers). Both of them are decent. They have an ERA under 4 so I'll take it.

vCash
    Niemann I was reading might be Friedrich straight up. I think we need to trade position players considering we are so deep in position players.

vCash
    I hope something happens besides hiring the 1995 Rockies

vCash
    Maybe if the pig farm burns down, those ***holes have to go bankrupt and sell the team.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news...k_col&c_id=col
    SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- The Rockies expanded their big league Spring Training roster to 66 Saturday when they signed right-handed reliever Bobby Cassevah to a Minor League contract and invited him to camp.

Cassevah had been outrighted by the Angels on Friday, but he declined a Triple-A assignment and elected free agency instead. The Rockies scooped him up a day later to contend for their 'pen.

Though he pitched in only four games for the Angels in 2012, Cassevah made 50 appearances for the club since his big league debut in April of 2010. He owns a 3.20 ERA in 64 2/3 innings pitched, with 34 strikeouts against 33 walks. Perhaps most appealing to the Rockies, he has a 65.9 percent groundball ratio.

Pitchers and catchers reported to the Rockies Minor League camp Saturday, with position players reporting Friday. Cassevah can expect at least an appearance or two in Cactus League play as his new club gets a close look at him. He made one spring appearance with the Angels on Feb. 24, throwing one scoreless inning while allowing a hit and two walks.

vCash
    Aaron Cook has been signed to a minor league deal and Ramon Hernandez has been designated for assignment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast