Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Rockies 2012-2013 Offseason

Since the blunder of a season is nearly complete, I figured I'd put this up.

Anybody in particular you would like to see the Rockies try to sign?

Clearly pitching is a huge need, but I can't see us landing a quality pitcher anyway other than a trade. That is unless they overpay like crazy.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Its easy. Pitchers that can pitch 6 innings consistently. Rockies need two pitchers. Not one picher on the roster now has shown enough consistency to have a job next year outside of Chacin. Pomeranz will get a job next year. De La rosa needs to show something to have a spot but he will probably be bought out. But they need to replace De La Rosa and his 9 mil coming off the books with a guy that deserves that money.

vCash
    New owners, I mean were not spending money on pitchers I can guarantee that. We already have the monforts strapped with Cargo and Tulo!!

vCash
    Um how about some more wins lol, pitching would help but some timely hits and runs scored would help alot too
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    The dreadful season is officially behind.

I'm not going to lie, I was rooting for 100 losses.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    I guess they're having a meeting with Jim Tracy about the future today.

vCash
    Tracy just resigned.

Tom Runnells and Stu Cole are expected to be in house candidates. Giambi not for now bc still interested in playing-Troy Renck (TroyRenck) tweet.

I'd love to see Giambi manage. At least it'd be something to watch. As for trades, I've heard rumors that say Fowler/Cuddyer might be on the block. Trade them for pitching prospects. Not much else we can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by denverfan66 View Post
    Tracy just resigned.

Tom Runnells and Stu Cole are expected to be in house candidates. Giambi not for now bc still interested in playing-Troy Renck (TroyRenck) tweet.

I'd love to see Giambi manage. At least it'd be something to watch. As for trades, I've heard rumors that say Fowler/Cuddyer might be on the block. Trade them for pitching prospects. Not much else we can do.
    Fowler isn't on the block. I can promise you that. I like Tom Runnels as manager but i feel we got to go out of the organization and get a guy that stirs up the clubhouse and leads this team.

vCash
    Glad he resigned, nice guy but that doesn't equal wins!! Please go outside the organization for the next manager!!

vCash
    Cuddy's probably gone, betancourt too, we are gonna need to trade someone we like if we want to find good pitching though, maybe one of our CF prospects, Blackmon/Wheeler?

vCash
    From listening to the TheFan today I am not blaming Tracy as much as I was, he quit and left 1+ mil on the table because he didn't want to deal with the upper management's bull****.. This pitch count is all by upper management and they didn't give him any pitchers to work with but a 50 year old. Odowd HAS to go since the Monforts aren't selling and Odowd isn't going anywhere though so expect the same next season. Sucks we have such low expectations and no one would have got fired if Tracy decided to quit with basically a 100 loss season!!

vCash
    I'd love to see Ryne Sandberg as manager... my favorite player growing up... fundamentally the soundest players I've ever watched and by all accounts ready for his first head job with a big league team, triple A coach of the year 1 year ago.

Also I love Cuddy but his contract is to steep to allow growth and he isn't going to help us get over the hump. De La Rosa's contract should be up, I'd like to see us resign him for less... Hate to say it but if Helton would retire we could build something need that money too. Ervin Santana and Dan Haren should both be out there, both need to rebuild value so maybe we could get them only slightly overpriced on a 1 year to use as a bridge... I know guys trying to build value should avoid Coors but if u show them a little extra love for that year we might get one or both. Grenkie is a pipe dream but he has the kind of stuff that could work in Coors, but I know it won't happen but we should at least mention it.

Say it ain't so Von say it ain't so!!!

vCash
    I hear giambi is in the running for manager.

vCash
    Tulo, Folwer and Bentacourt

for

Vance Worley, Dom Brown, Tyler Cloyd, Cameron Rupp, Jessie Biddle, Daniel Ruff?

vCash
    I'd ask Tampa Bay for Shields, they're seriously looking for a DH/1stBaseman, and I think Cuddyer can shine in that role. Also throw some pitchers prospects to make the deal, maybe a Nicasio, Cabrera or Chatwood? And Chris Nelson if they want him, they need a SS. You guys should do that.
    Last edited by UPRock; 10-22-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast