Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Soriano costs us our 1st round pick and if the team was willing to lose it for him then he'd already be a Tiger.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Or offer Soriano 1yr/$9M
    On a 1 year deal, I could get on board with Soriano.

vCash
    I think I would rather bring in Wilson. He may not be 100% for the start of the year, so I think he would be ok with a setup-ish role while we see what we've got, with the knowledge that if he pitches well and Rondon struggles, he would get a chance to close.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    On a 1 year deal, I could get on board with Soriano.
    You'd give up your 1st round pick for 1 year of Soriano? Why?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Soriano costs us our 1st round pick and if the team was willing to lose it for him then he'd already be a Tiger.
    I did not realize that the compensation pick was a first round pick, although that makes sense...my mistake. I don't think that we will get Soriano either...as I think the draft picks have killed the FA market on him and Bourn, and Lohse.

That said, the draft looks decent this year, I am excited to see who we get.

vCash
    Im guessing power arm and OF. Not infield help like we need. Our guys are in love with the power arm. We've had alot more misses then hits in that department
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    I would love to see us pick up Brian Wilson or K-Rod for insurance both coming from down or injury season, and should come at a fairly inexpensive deals. I would like to sign one of them to a 1 year deal around 6m. and for the draft I hate how its always hard throwing power arms and middle the road position prospects. but I also understand the reasoning behind it until recent and that is that there is such demand for pitching out there in the trade market that they could get more in return for a high ranking pitching prospect at a faster turn around rather than waiting on a position player to develop into a top tier prospect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Or offer Soriano 1yr/$9M
    Yankees offered him 1 year/$13 million and he said no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Yankees offered him 1 year/$13 million and he said no.
    But he wouldn't be the closer in NYY, assuming Rivera comes back 100%.

For the record I don't want him lol, just tossing in a couple pennies

vCash
    But he wouldn't be the closer in NYY, assuming Rivera comes back 100%.

For the record I don't want him lol, just tossing in a couple pennies
    Doubt he takes a $4 million cut just to be the closer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Doubt he takes a $4 million cut just to be the closer.
    Soriano had a player option of 14 million that he decided to walk away from in hopes of a multy year deal.
    I still think the Tigers end up signing him .We are in the win NOW mode. I doubt they are going to let a 1st rd pick decide that. What could be and what are now are two totally different things. I think DD and Boras have been in constant communication and DD is not letting him put the pressure on. DD is playing his hand and waiting it out . Seeing what other option he has . He has time on his side. I also think he is prepared to go into the season with Rondon as the closer BUT only if he can't do a deal on his terms with somebody that has closed.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Soriano had a player option of 14 million that he decided to walk away from in hopes of a multy year deal.
    I still think the Tigers end up signing him .We are in the win NOW mode. I doubt they are going to let a 1st rd pick decide that. What could be and what are now are two totally different things. I think DD and Boras have been in constant communication and DD is not letting him put the pressure on. DD is playing his hand and waiting it out . Seeing what other option he has . He has time on his side. I also think he is prepared to go into the season with Rondon as the closer BUT only if he can't do a deal on his terms with somebody that has closed.
    For DD this usually means giving a player too much money and too many years lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I think I would rather bring in Wilson. He may not be 100% for the start of the year, so I think he would be ok with a setup-ish role while we see what we've got, with the knowledge that if he pitches well and Rondon struggles, he would get a chance to close.
    He may not be 100% for the rest of his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    For DD this usually means giving a player too much money and too many years lol
    I disagree. I think DD is holding for a one year deal knowing he has a backup plan if he can't get Soriano for just one year. Two at the most. I would be fine with two if it came down to that. This would allow Rondon the extra time he might need to prove he is ready to take over as our closer. But . As I have said before. Rivera will retire after the season and Soriano probably would love nothing moe than to go back to NY and they would offer him a boat load of money IF he has another solid 2013 season. It was a gamble to opt out of his contract but it could pay off for him . I doubt he signs with us for anything under 8-10 for one year. But I really do think he will be our closer when the season starts.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I disagree. I think DD is holding for a one year deal knowing he has a backup plan if he can't get Soriano for just one year. Two at the most. I would be fine with two if it came down to that. This would allow Rondon the extra time he might need to prove he is ready to take over as our closer. But . As I have said before. Rivera will retire after the season and Soriano probably would love nothing moe than to go back to NY and they would offer him a boat load of money IF he has another solid 2013 season. It was a gamble to opt out of his contract but it could pay off for him . I doubt he signs with us for anything under 8-10 for one year. But I really do think he will be our closer when the season starts.
    So we're giving up a first rounder for 1 year of Soriano? It makes a whole lot more sense to me to bring back Valverde at half the price and no draft pick.