Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    See, this is where we differ. He's traded away lots of those guys and gotten us Miggy, Scherzer, Coke, Jackson, and Fister.

How is that not identifying talent? Also, that doesn't even include the VSL or DSL guys we have and siging Al off the minor league FA list and getting Rule 5 Fernando Rodney.
    wasting your time, he is obviously a troll looking for attention, doesn't back up any of his comments, he thinks Illitch runs a lemonade stand and and isn't aware of his payroll/budget limitations.

vCash
    I just think he expects us to play baseball with a mid market payroll type roster. We don't have to stress about a bunch of tiny things like teams such as Minnesota, Oakland, Baltimore. Why can't we just be happy we have big names and stop wishing we played small ball better?

vCash
    And I hear your concern with the payroll going forward, but we have a good chance at a couple rings in the meantime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    And I hear your concern with the payroll going forward, but we have a good chance at a couple rings in the meantime.
    We very well could, but it's just as possible we don't even make the playoffs again in the next few years and the team gets blown up. Look how close we came to not making the playoffs last year, and that was in the worst division in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    We very well could, but it's just as possible we don't even make the playoffs again in the next few years and the team gets blown up. Look how close we came to not making the playoffs last year, and that was in the worst division in baseball.
    Holy crap are you a Negative Nancy! We went to the World Series last year...we lost Delmon Young, Ryan Raburn, Don Kelly, Jose Valverde, and Gerald Laird (none of those guys makes a difference in returning to the playoffs; I will contend that we are BETTER without them). We added Torii Hunter to bat 2nd or 6th and patrol RF or LF. We essentially pick up Victor Martinez as our DH to bat 5th behind Fielder which should increase Fielder's production (and he batted .300 last season; the 1st season in the AL). We resigned Sanchez (the #2 FA pitcher on the market) to make us one of the top five rotations in all of baseball. We added a better offensive backup catcher in Pena. Dirks will get the opportunity to prove he can be solid in LF.

...and all you can do is be a doomsdayer because we don't have have a PROVEN closer?!?! You have a kid that AVERAGES 100mph that will be given a chance to close, if and when he cannot do the job we can either go out on the open market and find someone...or we can fill the job internally. It is not like we lack options.

PS. Valverde is a proven closer. He sucks. I, nor you, would want HIM back. You really need to get a grip.

vCash
    I can't believe you guys keep feeding this guy. Reminds me of jsneller with some of the stuff he says.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I can't believe you guys keep feeding this guy. Reminds me of jsneller with some of the stuff he says.
    I guess I am just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt...like, maybe he can snap out of it...but I suppose you are correct...just quit responding and let him continue to sling crap on the wall with no response from anyone...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Holy crap are you a Negative Nancy! We went to the World Series last year...we lost Delmon Young, Ryan Raburn, Don Kelly, Jose Valverde, and Gerald Laird (none of those guys makes a difference in returning to the playoffs; I will contend that we are BETTER without them). We added Torii Hunter to bat 2nd or 6th and patrol RF or LF. We essentially pick up Victor Martinez as our DH to bat 5th behind Fielder which should increase Fielder's production (and he batted .300 last season; the 1st season in the AL). We resigned Sanchez (the #2 FA pitcher on the market) to make us one of the top five rotations in all of baseball. We added a better offensive backup catcher in Pena. Dirks will get the opportunity to prove he can be solid in LF.

...and all you can do is be a doomsdayer because we don't have have a PROVEN closer?!?! You have a kid that AVERAGES 100mph that will be given a chance to close, if and when he cannot do the job we can either go out on the open market and find someone...or we can fill the job internally. It is not like we lack options.

PS. Valverde is a proven closer. He sucks. I, nor you, would want HIM back. You really need to get a grip.
    World Series or not, we still barely made the playoffs. The White Sox fell apart down the stretch and our starting pitching was sick in September, we were lucky to sneak in. We very well might have the best line-up and best rotation in baseball, but we also might have the worst bullpen and worst defense, that's why we didn't run away in the worst division in baseball. I personally haven't seen Rondon pitch, but i've been told that he doesn't have much movement on his fastball, and also struggles to locate it at times. If we could bring Valverde back on a 1 year deal I would be all for it, I think he's capable of making the neccessary adjustments to get back to where he was. I'm more comfortable giving him $6-7 million for one year than I am Peralta anyway.

You guys are so foolish to call me negative because of the obvious flaws i'm pointing out, you're all starting to sound like Yankees fans to be honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    World Series or not, we still barely made the playoffs. The White Sox fell apart down the stretch and our starting pitching was sick in September, we were lucky to sneak in. We very well might have the best line-up and best rotation in baseball, but we also might have the worst bullpen and worst defense, that's why we didn't run away in the worst division in baseball. I personally haven't seen Rondon pitch, but i've been told that he doesn't have much movement on his fastball, and also struggles to locate it at times. If we could bring Valverde back on a 1 year deal I would be all for it, I think he's capable of making the neccessary adjustments to get back to where he was. I'm more comfortable giving him $6-7 million for one year than I am Peralta anyway.

You guys are so foolish to call me negative because of the obvious flaws i'm pointing out, you're all starting to sound like Yankees fans to be honest.
    Guy, just stop! We won the AL and made the World series! We are the favorite to do it again! Most of your opinions are made to stir up debate. Get a grip, we have a very good team, and our bullpen was solid without Valverde.
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I guess I am just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt...like, maybe he can snap out of it...but I suppose you are correct...just quit responding and let him continue to sling crap on the wall with no response from anyone...
    You are right...he cannot snap out of it. ....he wants Valverde back...and at 6-7M at that...

vCash
    Anyone who says they want Valverde back must have done a line of crack before posting it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Anyone who says they want Valverde back must have done a line of crack before posting it
    Agreed.

Have a happy and safe New Year's celebration to all of you...I will post with you "on the flipside."

Hey Dekker...don't choke on your own vommit.

See you all in 2013!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    This^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    And this ^

vCash
    Valverde is more reliable than anyone we currently have in the pen, he struggled in the playoffs but that was only a few games. Over the last 3 years he has a 3.00 ERA 1.19 WHIP and has averaged 36 2/3 saves per year while only blowing 2 1/2 per season. He also gave us close to 70 games per season while dominating righties to a .484 OPS, .606 OPS overall for the 3 seasons, Verlanders is .595 over the last 3 years by the way. His numbers are right there with any other closer but Rivera the last 3 years, and considering the defense behind him that's pretty damn good.

16. 12-28-2012, 05:46 PM
    Reason
    K putting a stop to this fighting now.

17. 12-28-2012, 06:05 PM
    Reason
    K putting a stop to this fighting now.

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast