Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Algmuskrats View Post
    I know everyones hyped up about trying to get Stanton from Miami, but what about Andre Either from the Dodgers in a trade?
    Ethier is a pile. So much money for a guy who can only hit righties. No defense, crap vs. lefties and no speed. No thanks.

vCash
    I would approve a J.J Hardy for Porcello and Peralta trade.
    What may appear as a bit lopsided corrects itself in the fact that Peralta is a soon free agent and that lowers his value. Porcello is the AL's worst 175+ innings starter, in allowing hits per inning. He's also tagged with a label that he struggles to throw five innings.

Lastly, such a trade frees up a roster spot and roughly $4M to be used on another player. Hardy will earn 7M. Both Jhonny and Rick will earn roughly $11M combined in 2013.
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 12-22-2012 at 10:33 AM.

vCash
    Just a thought here but it is known that Colorado needs SP and youth for their rebuilding project. They have a star at SS that may be had if you can stack a package with talent and their needs. I'm not one who likes to throw NC's name around in trade thoughts I really think the guy will turn in to a good player. But Porcello (ground ball pitcher in Coors Field good fit) NC, and maybe some mid range prospects for Tulo. He's signed though 2020 for about 158m they have some highly touted young SS prospects near MLB ready. If the Tulo deal can't work out lets look into keeping NC and make a package for their young SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    I would approve a J.J Hardy for Porcello and Peralta trade.
    What may appear as a bit lopsided corrects itself in the fact that Peralta is a soon free agent and that lowers his value. Porcello is the AL's worst 175+ innings starter, in allowing hits per inning. He's also tagged with a label that he struggles to throw five innings.

Lastly, such a trade frees up a roster spot and roughly $4M to be used on another player. Hardy will earn 7M. Both Jhonny and Rick will earn roughly $11M combined in 2013.
    I understand and you make a lot of valid points. But lets remember Porcello's age turning 24 in couple days. A lot of time for progression plus the hit's per inning stat is glaring but we also have to remember how porous our infield has been especially up the middle. And I even think Hardy could benefit hitting in spacious Comerica I just think we need to ask for additional mid-level prospect in return.

vCash
    I would not understand the logic in a Porcello and Peralta for Hardy deal. Porcello has been average, but is still in his young twenties and hurt by our bad defense. I do feel that some are overvaluing his trade value, but this would be obviously undervaluing it.

Hardy hit .238 with 22 hrs last year. Sounds alot like Peralta. Granted, he is a MUCH better fielder than Peralta (Peralta actually is ok, but no range). But to give up a similar player AND Porcello is overpay. Plus, Porcello would be the pitcher most improved by the Hardy upgrade considering he is a ground ball pitcher.

Anyway, I don't get it, unless they add Reimold and either Patton or Strop. Obviously, we would also have to add someone to. But a Porcello, Peralta, and Boesch (and potentially a prospect) for Hardy, Reimold and Patton or Strop deal makes more sense to me than just Porcello and Peralta for Hardy. Just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsforlife View Post
    I would not understand the logic in a Porcello and Peralta for Hardy deal. Porcello has been average, but is still in his young twenties and hurt by our bad defense. I do feel that some are overvaluing his trade value, but this would be obviously undervaluing it.

Hardy hit .238 with 22 hrs last year. Sounds alot like Peralta. Granted, he is a MUCH better fielder than Peralta (Peralta actually is ok, but no range). But to give up a similar player AND Porcello is overpay. Plus, Porcello would be the pitcher most improved by the Hardy upgrade considering he is a ground ball pitcher.

Anyway, I don't get it, unless they add Reimold and either Patton or Strop. Obviously, we would also have to add someone to. But a Porcello, Peralta, and Boesch (and potentially a prospect) for Hardy, Reimold and Patton or Strop deal makes more sense to me than just Porcello and Peralta for Hardy. Just my opinion.

Pass on Strop. But what about Jim Johnson? I wonder if he is available.

vCash
    Looks like January 5th they will be working out in Mexico for all to see. Hope Dave has his flight ticket ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Pass on Strop. But what about Jim Johnson? I wonder if he is available.
    The pitcher? Because we really don't need another SP. Or another RSP for that fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Algmuskrats View Post
    The pitcher? Because we really don't need another SP. Or another RSP for that fact.

JimJohnson is a closer. He had 52 saves last season with only 3 Blsv.

vCash
    I saw on an ESPN rumour that the Rockies may look to trade Tulo. They would probably want pitching in return. Id easily give Porcello, and even Nick and Garcia for him. EASY upgrade at SS there lol

vCash
    Hanrahan is about to become a Red Sox. They are close to a deal . I have not seen what the Sox are giving up. But Hanrahan is about to make 7 million. Even though hes been an AS the last two years his BB ratio jumped up big time last year from 2011.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    I saw on an ESPN rumour that the Rockies may look to trade Tulo. They would probably want pitching in return. Id easily give Porcello, and even Nick and Garcia for him. EASY upgrade at SS there lol
    Link?

vCash
    I feel like Tulo would be a great fit for Detroit. It really would put us over the top and would give us a bright future for a long time. Outside of Porcello though, we don't have many pitching prospects other then maybe Thompson and Rondon?

vCash
    The Tulo article is on espn insider. It don't say they want too shop him or are even listening. It just states that trading him being a star would help speed up their rebuilding process due to all the pieces they're bound to get in return. He is making damn near 17m a year through 2020. Another big contract is a little worrisome but I would still like the phone call to be made. I think a package of Porcello, NC, Boesch, and one or two of our better pitching prospects, would make the deal work. If not you can say you tried.

vCash
    This is what he is talking about. Yes its on ESPN insider. My great grandson bought it for me for *% th birthday .

Tulo, Cargo as trade bait

11:25AM ET

Colorado Rockies

Recommend0
    Comments5
    Email

Typically, when a team has two building block players like Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez, the club hangs onto them, especially when those players are signed to long-term deals, like Tulo and Cargo are. But is it crazy to think that one of both of the Colorado Rockies stars could be traded?

As ESPN Insider's Jim Bowden writes, Tulowitzki and Gonzalez are two great players stuck in a bad situation in Denver, where the Rockies have gone just 137-187 over the past two seasons, including 98 losses last year.

The biggest problem for Colorado has been the rotation, as the club is having trouble developing young, impact arms via the draft and international signings, and obviously the top free agent pitchers don't view hitter's haven Coors Field as a plumb destination. So if the Rockies were to explore dealing one or both of Tulo and Cargo, the return would have to include multiple starting pitchers or a few top pitching prospects, among other things.

As Bowden suggests, the Cardinals could match up well in a trade for Gonzalez, who seems more likely to be traded than Tulowitzki, given his more palatable contract. (Tulo is signed through 2020 at nearly $160 million, and as good as he is, that would make him tough to move, as would his injury history.) Gonzalez could then team with St. Louis' top hitting prospect Oscar Taveras in the middle of the lineup for years, and St. Louis could put any number of pitchers on the table, including Shelby Miller, Lance Lynn, Trevor Rosenthal or Joe Kelly, all of whom are big league ready and under team control.

Another team that has young pitching to spare and is constantly searching for more offense? The Seattle Mariners, who sport one of the deepest and most talented batches of pitching prospects in baseball, including Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen, James Paxton and Brandon Maurer.

Just some food for thought.

- Jason Catania
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast