Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    dickey to the jays. effing jays have a solid rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    dickey to the jays. effing jays have a solid rotation
    I stll don't think it's as good as ours though, i'm not at all confident that Johnson will do that well, Beuhrle is also a question mark IMO, and Morrow isn't exactly a proven 200 inning type guy. We have 4 guys in there prime pitching the best they ever have, our 5th starter being Porcello or more likely Smyly should not be overlooked as both have the potential to be pretty damn good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    I dont think anyone who can hit 30+ bombs in a season should ever be considered overhyped.

he made $500,000 last year and is arbitration eligible until 2017 when he becomes a free agent. Thats a cheap source of power and RBIs for a few years. And the reason why it took him so long to get to "the show" is because he had Tori Hunter, Bobby Abreu, Juan Rivera, Vladdamir Guerrero, Gary Matthews Jr, Vernon Wells and Peter Bourjous over the years in the outfield and never had a spot for him as they wanted him to get regular at bats in the minors.

30+ homeruns, cheap, and hes a right handed bat....Thats why the Tigers should be interested in him

If you dont want Trumbo on the team, thats fine, but dont downplay his talents to get your point accross. This guy has the makings to be a star.
    So 30+'s homeruns making him a star in the making... are you serious? He is a terrible defender, can't get on base, is a .200 avg hitter. Hes a poor mans Adam Dunn

vCash
    I'm not agreeing he would be a star, but his bat would fill in nicely for 500k a year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I stll don't think it's as good as ours though, i'm not at all confident that Johnson will do that well, Beuhrle is also a question mark IMO, and Morrow isn't exactly a proven 200 inning type guy. We have 4 guys in there prime pitching the best they ever have, our 5th starter being Porcello or more likely Smyly should not be overlooked as both have the potential to be pretty damn good.
    I would take our rotation too. Especially since its the same rotation that dominated baseball at the end of the season except you add smyly for porcello

vCash
    1. Trumbo would be an awful trade unless it was like a low level prospect or two for him. He is not worth Castellanos, Porcello, Crosby, Garcia, or Peralta. Not worth it.

2. The only way Castellanos or any top prospect gets traded is if its for a proven star like Andrus or Upton. The only way we get a superstar is giving up one or both of Castellanos and Garcia. I would love to see a stud come here over unproven prospects. I think we need one two cause the national league team we would have to play will probably kill us again. Teams seem to be deeper. I would like to take Upton because that snatches a NL player away from them and adding an outfielder to our all star team in the AL. The only way the AL wins a WS next year is with homefield advantage.

vCash
    Nobody is talking about trading our best prospect for the guy. Most are saying Porcello, and yes it is worth it. Porcello isn't moving to the bullpen or the minor leagues. He is getting traded. No way around that. Might as well get a decent power bat.

I'm not sure I agree with your theory about the homefield advantage. Its nice to have but the best team is going to find a way to win the series no matter where the games are played.

Can we all just stop talking about Just Upton? Like seriously. Please. That dead horse has been beaten, run over by a truck, backed over by said truck, and then the driver of that truck hopped out and started beating it again. Not to go off on chacha, your input is appreciated. I'm just saying to all of you, Upton's dick has been thoroughly sucked and I'm sure he appreciates it, but he probably won't be traded anywhere in the AL if at all. I would say I'm sick of the Andrus talk too, but unlike young, Andrus has proven to be consistently good.

vCash
    At least the Stephen Drew saga is over. He signed a deal with the Red Sox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Nobody is talking about trading our best prospect for the guy. Most are saying Porcello, and yes it is worth it. Porcello isn't moving to the bullpen or the minor leagues. He is getting traded. No way around that. Might as well get a decent power bat.
    Tigers can long relief and spot-start Porcello until the trade deadline in July - where Rick will be worth significantly more then. Heck, Rick can even close some games, to keep the rust off.

Lastly, the Tigers rotation in 2012 was constantly battling short-term, nagging injuries to it's starters. Porcello is a great insurance policy - especially on a team that does not appear to have a prospect starter ready for prime-time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    At least the Stephen Drew saga is over. He signed a deal with the Red Sox.

Peralta at $6 mil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drew at $9.5 mil
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    From Rotoworld:

Tigers re-signed RHP Anibal Sanchez to a five-year, $80 million contract.
    The deal also includes a club option for 2018. The Tigers ended up getting into a bidding war with the Cubs for Sanchez and ultimately won out when owner Mike Ilitch gave the go-ahead to bump up the offer to $80 million. With Sanchez now back in tow, the Tigers are expected to look to deal Rick Porcello.

Shocked to see a 6th year club option.

Thanks Mr. I!
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Wow. I guess that option year must have been what put the Cubs out of their misery?
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Tigers can long relief and spot-start Porcello until the trade deadline in July - where Rick will be worth significantly more then. Heck, Rick can even close some games, to keep the rust off.

Lastly, the Tigers rotation in 2012 was constantly battling short-term, nagging injuries to it's starters. Porcello is a great insurance policy - especially on a team that does not appear to have a prospect starter ready for prime-time.
    I think that this is the best post on Porcello trade possibilities in a while...

vCash
    Sorry bros. It won't happen like that. You don't stick a rotation guy in the bullpen when he has trade value. His value now>>His value at the deadline after being a spot start, long relief bullpen arm.

vCash
    I agree Dekker if anything Rick would start and Smyly would be stretched out during spring training and be the second LH reliever out of the bullpen. I guess throwing side secessions whenever needed. He did come out of the pen and perform on the highest stage the playoffs.

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast