Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1003
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    he probably will turn into one though. and the cubs believe that

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,438
    I wonder if we can trade Porcello for LF Tyler Moore from the Nats?





    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Congrats to Ahoda on winning "PSD 2015 Post of the year!" ... What a huge honor it is to have you contribute to our forum. I hope you post twice as much in 2016 & give us twice the quality posts & twice the laughter!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,234
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I wonder if we can trade Porcello for LF Tyler Moore from the Nats?
    I honestly don't have any idea who that guy is. Want to give me a break down?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,438
    Right handed OF and was one of their top prospects. He did pretty well for them this year as a rookie and has pop. He 25 also so he's a year or 2 older then Rick. Needs to work on his plate disipline and walking more, but he's got power and can play 1B also.

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...oorety01.shtml


    Nats are loaded with OF right now and they need pitching. Rick would do so well with an INF like Washington has also. He would probably be a borderline all star for a couple years if he stayed there long term.

    EDIT: I asked the Nats fans in their forum what they thought about the idea of a trade. I may live in DC but I don't follow them nearly as much as the Tigers. They can probably give us a better break down of him as a player too.
    Last edited by ahoda; 10-19-2012 at 01:44 PM.





    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Congrats to Ahoda on winning "PSD 2015 Post of the year!" ... What a huge honor it is to have you contribute to our forum. I hope you post twice as much in 2016 & give us twice the quality posts & twice the laughter!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,668
    I think Porcello is worth quite a bit more than Tyler Moore, just my opinion though.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    Only reason I'm not into the idea of Porcello for Barney as the framework for a trade is that the whole point of Porcello in Chicago would be to benefit from our significantly better infield D. Barney is a huge part of that. I do think he can handle SS.

    Since the Tigers build around power pitching and offense I think Logan Watkins would interest your FO as an OBP/speed 2B. Obviously the Cubs would need to build on that.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Only reason I'm not into the idea of Porcello for Barney as the framework for a trade is that the whole point of Porcello in Chicago would be to benefit from our significantly better infield D. Barney is a huge part of that. I do think he can handle SS.

    Since the Tigers build around power pitching and offense I think Logan Watkins would interest your FO as an OBP/speed 2B. Obviously the Cubs would need to build on that.
    Excellent points

    Watkins needs to cut down on the K's but what young player doesn't?

    I'd love Barney for the benefit our our MIF though.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    What aboot something like Carlos Marmol, Brett Jackson, and Logan Watkins for Porcello and some AAA pen arm?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,234
    I want nothing to do with Carlos Marmol. Makes too much money and he walks way too many guys.

    All this Porcello trade talk will be moot if we don't re-sign Sanchez anyways.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I want nothing to do with Carlos Marmol. Makes too much money and he walks way too many guys.

    All this Porcello trade talk will be moot if we don't re-sign Sanchez anyways.
    Hmm...even if Cubs threw some cash in?

    Arodys Vizcaino, Brett Jackson, and Logan Watkins? Porcello is a good pitcher, Id give up Vizcaino to land him. Detroit can ease him into competing for a rotation spot in 2014 and hed help out that bullpen in 2013.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    I want Porcello to go to toronto

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    Then you're not a patriot.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    You caught me

    Oh canada

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    holland MI
    Posts
    1,260
    I just read they might put escobar on the block. Maybe a porcello package ??


    2015 SEASON STATS

    CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-
    1

    LIONS W/L 0-2

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,668
    They just aquired Aviles from the Red Sox so he should be available for sure now.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •