Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    We don't have the pieces to get Stanton. We could give them NC, Jackson, Dirks, Rondon, Garcia and they would laugh.
    Laugh?

Are you kidding me? The Tigers would BE STUPID to do that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    I wouldn't trade Jackson for another outfielder straight up. Couldn't imagine shipping our top 2 prospects along with him for one outfielder. That move doesn't make us better. I'm not going to say we would be stupid to do that deal because Gasman was just trying to make a point, not come up with a feasible offer. But the only offer we make to Miami for Stanton is one that makes us better. Therefore Miami will not trade Stanton to us.

vCash
    Unless Ilitch trades them a couple pizza's for him. Maybe even include crazy crust and italian bread and we might have a deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Dude, we're better than the Angels and Blue Jays RIGHT NOW. Stop overrating them. (just like the media)

I was watching MLBN earlier and some guy was shocked that a couple of guys picked us as the team to beat in the AL. Why the hell was he shocked!? We have arguably the best lineup and rotation.
    Agreed. After the last few years, I'm not letting anything that happens in the offseason change my mind on who the best teams are. Right now, Detroit is the best team in the AL, and San Francisco is the best team in baseball, until someone beats them this year.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Yeah I got your point, but we still have so many questions on our team.

vCash
    Just a thought, but Trumbo could be traded even if their GM said he wont be. They could use a 3rd basemen and pitching. Nick C, Porcello, and crosby for Trumbo? This would probably make Dirks expendable which sucks cause I like Dirks but he could be packaged with peralta for an upgrade a SS or moved for bullpen help.

Nick C, Rick Porcello, and Casey Crosby for Mark Trumbo

Trade Dirks to Seattle for Carter Capps and Stephen Pryor

lineup

1. CF Austin Jackson
    2. RF Torri Hunter
    3. 3B Miguel Cabrera
    4. 1B Prince Fielder
    5. LF Mark Trumbo
    6. DH Victor Martinez
    7. SS Jhonny Peralta
    8. C Alex Avila
    9. 2B Omar Infante

Bench: Quentin Berry, Santiago, Pena, Kobernus

1. Justin Verlander
    2. Max Sherzer
    3. Doug Fister
    4. Anibal Sanchez
    5. Drew Smyly

Bullpen: Capps, Benoit, Dotel, Albequerque, Rondon, Coke

vCash
    Trumbo isn't worth Castellanos and Porcello IMO.

vCash
    I would take him over those two without thinking twice. The problem is. The angels GM is smarter than I am and wouldn't give up Trumbo for that package. An unproven player that may never be anything bit average or below ? A pitcher that will be over priced very soon ? WOW!!!! No brainer.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I would take him over those two without thinking twice. The problem is. The angels GM is smarter than I am and wouldn't give up Trumbo for that package. An unproven player that may never be anything bit average or below ? A pitcher that will be over priced very soon ? WOW!!!! No brainer.

I dont know about all that. They would be filling two and potentially 3 spots on their roster. Callaspo at 3rd is serviceable so they may allow Nick C to troll through AAA for awhile until they are ready to make the switch. I get that you dont think Nick C will be anything more than an average player in the league but he is still currently ranked as the #22 prospect in baseball right now and that means that other teams see his potential as being much higher than you. Which brings value. They would receive another arm in the starting rotation in Porcello and another potential arm with Crosby. I get that prospects are just propects and until proven, they dont hold as much value as a guy who just smashed 32 homeruns. But its not everyday you can get that much value in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    I dont know about all that. They would be filling two and potentially 3 spots on their roster. Callaspo at 3rd is serviceable so they may allow Nick C to troll through AAA for awhile until they are ready to make the switch. I get that you dont think Nick C will be anything more than an average player in the league but he is still currently ranked as the #22 prospect in baseball right now and that means that other teams see his potential as being much higher than you. Which brings value. They would receive another arm in the starting rotation in Porcello and another potential arm with Crosby. I get that prospects are just propects and until proven, they dont hold as much value as a guy who just smashed 32 homeruns. But its not everyday you can get that much value in return.
    If he would bring good value why waste it on COF power bat that doesn't play great d? They already have 4 OF, 5 with Castellanos, so there's no need at all to waste the top prospect on another one. IMO we don't need another OF period, not for platooning either, I think Dirks should be given a chance at everyday duties and hit in the 2-hole. I too don't think Castellanos will be anything what scouts think so I would like to see DD make a move to get a SS or SP.

vCash
    I'm one that favors trading prospects for proven guys but I wouldn't trade Castellanos for Trumbo. Huge power but doesn't get on base as well as you would like and as far as I know, isn't a very good fielder.

You package a deal around Castellanos for proven studs.

vCash
    Not getting the Trumbo hard ons. Poor avg, poor defense, poor OBP skills, poor speed. He is Adam Dunn minus the walks. He isn't exactly a kid either. I believe he is 27 or so. Why do you think it took him so long to get to the show? He isn't that good.

The last thing this team needs is another slow DH type.

Would I take him? Yes. Would I give up our top spec and a young SP for him. Hell no. i can think of much more useful targets than a 1 trick pony.
    Last edited by mark1125; 12-15-2012 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Lol do people think when they post? Why would the Tigers have any interest in Trumbo. He is so over hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Agree completely with Mark!

Those who feel Castellanos will not be a hitting machine, need their eyes checked.

Nick's blip at Erie was a temporary setback. He devoted all his time there to learning the outfield. He will hit well in Erie. This kid is going to be a perennial .300 hitter in a couple more years.

Tigers will only trade Nick, in a very lopsided situation. He's pretty-much an untouchable this winter.

vCash
    Let me remind you of some so called top prospects that either didn't turn out to be superstars or because just average or above average players.
    Brandon Wood former Angels prospect. Remember him? Not only was he a top prospect he was the # 1 . And a third baseman. Crushed triple A but couldn't hit his weight in the majors. How many times did they send him down and he would crush again but do nothing when called back up. Finally ended up with the Pirates. And guess what he did? Right on. Nothing.
    Hank Blalock Remember him? Oh yeah . Another third baseman . He had a little better success but never really did that much.
    Alex Gordon, Hmmm, Guess what position he played ? Man you guys are good. Right. Third base. The # 1 prospect in baseball. Did nothing for the first few years. Moved him to the outfield and he finally bloomed two years ago. But came back to earth last year.
    I could give you a few more but I won't waste your time. I think you get the point.
    The league is littered with good or below average players. Of course they don't all turn out like Strasburg or Trout but to not want to improve the team because of something that odds are against happening? I'll take the proven all day long.Its doesn't have to be for somebody like Trumbo but if push came to shove I'm all over it.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast