Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 1003
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    You can't play in October if you don't win your division imo. I don't care about the AL East and AL West teams.
    I understand not looking past your division or the regular season....but you have to compare yourselves to the best when building your team. You cannot tell me that we needed Sanchez to best teams with weak rotations like the Chi-Sux, the Twinkies, the Indians, and the Royals. Sanchez was obtained because of the Angels signing Hamilton, the Blue Jays and their megadeal, and the Rays and their rotation (the fact that we didn't get Shields in trade helped too), and that the Orioles, Nationals, Dodgers, Phillies, Braves, and Giants are no slouch either.

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I understand not looking past your division or the regular season....but you have to compare yourselves to the best when building your team. You cannot tell me that we needed Sanchez to best teams with weak rotations like the Chi-Sux, the Twinkies, the Indians, and the Royals. Sanchez was obtained because of the Angels signing Hamilton, the Blue Jays and their megadeal, and the Rays and their rotation (the fact that we didn't get Shields in trade helped too), and that the Orioles, Nationals, Dodgers, Phillies, Braves, and Giants are no slouch either.
    Orioles are poop!!! They finish last this year, 5+ games behind 4th place Boston. Last year was a fluke.


    Ahoda, you got a point, you need to get to the playoffs first. Just getting there means nothing though unless you give yourself a good chance to win and/or in fact you do win. First you need to worry about winning the division then you need to worry about the West and East, seeing how you most likely play them first round. So basically, you need to look at the whole league, but more-so the AL.

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Orioles are poop!!! They finish last this year, 5+ games behind 4th place Boston. Last year was a fluke.


    Ahoda, you got a point, you need to get to the playoffs first. Just getting there means nothing though unless you give yourself a good chance to win and/or in fact you do win. First you need to worry about winning the division then you need to worry about the West and East, seeing how you most likely play them first round. So basically, you need to look at the whole league, but more-so the AL.
    I put eight other teams up there...besides, I am rooting for the Orioles, sort of; any team in the East other than the Skankees, the Red Sox, or the Blue Jays.

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    I just want the Tigers to be the team to beat in the AL and pretty much the whole MLB. I still think we need one more bat instead of dirks. I doubt dirks will fit in with torii hunter, fielder, cabrera, vmart. We should go out and trade for a good bat. I know i keep mentioning stanton, but he is too good not to try to trade for. Think about it... he is in a situation right now just like cabrera was with the marlins. Does anybody else have any ideas about who we can replace dirks with?

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    I just want the Tigers to be the team to beat in the AL and pretty much the whole MLB. I still think we need one more bat instead of dirks. I doubt dirks will fit in with torii hunter, fielder, cabrera, vmart. We should go out and trade for a good bat. I know i keep mentioning stanton, but he is too good not to try to trade for. Think about it... he is in a situation right now just like cabrera was with the marlins. Does anybody else have any ideas about who we can replace dirks with?
    I think we have to give Dirks a chance to repeat what he did last season, worst case he hits .250 with a decent amount of XBH, we can afford to have a guy like that toward the bottom of the line-up, and his defense got better as the season went on.

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah true, but if we want to compete with teams such as the blue jays, angels, and dodgers our lineup has to be scary from top to bottom and I think the bottom part of our lineup is currently really bad. I like Dirks more on a team like the astros. Since we are going all out this year we might as well get one more great bat. Stanton would be amazing now and incredible later since he is so young.

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    Yeah true, but if we want to compete with teams such as the blue jays, angels, and dodgers our lineup has to be scary from top to bottom and I think the bottom part of our lineup is currently really bad. I like Dirks more on a team like the astros. Since we are going all out this year we might as well get one more great bat. Stanton would be amazing now and incredible later since he is so young.
    Detroit potentially now has one of the best rotations in the league, match that against the Jays. Pitching wins a lot more often than hitting does.

    What is so wrong with Dirks anyways? He's a solid hitter. Won't put up many homers but out of the 6-hole(should be 2 in IMO) he can hit .300 and get on for Peralta and Avila behind him. His defense is fine and he keeps the left to right hitting balance in the lineup.

    Stanton would be fantastic but I don't think it's possible to get him at all.

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Detroit potentially now has one of the best rotations in the league, match that against the Jays. Pitching wins a lot more often than hitting does.

    What is so wrong with Dirks anyways? He's a solid hitter. Won't put up many homers but out of the 6-hole(should be 2 in IMO) he can hit .300 and get on for Peralta and Avila behind him. His defense is fine and he keeps the left to right hitting balance in the lineup.

    Stanton would be fantastic but I don't think it's possible to get him at all.
    Ditto. What kokes said.

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    Yeah true, but if we want to compete with teams such as the blue jays, angels, and dodgers our lineup has to be scary from top to bottom and I think the bottom part of our lineup is currently really bad. I like Dirks more on a team like the astros. Since we are going all out this year we might as well get one more great bat. Stanton would be amazing now and incredible later since he is so young.
    We don't have the pieces to get Stanton. We could give them NC, Jackson, Dirks, Rondon, Garcia and they would laugh.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    We don't have the pieces to get Stanton. We could give them NC, Jackson, Dirks, Rondon, Garcia and they would laugh.
    We do not have the pieces for Stanton, I agree.

  11. #701
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    Do you guys think we have enough to get Stanton?

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,046
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    We don't have the pieces to get Stanton. We could give them NC, Jackson, Dirks, Rondon, Garcia and they would laugh.
    I don't think they would laugh at all. Would they accept it? Probably not but Jackson is one of the top young CF in the game and NC is a top prospect. I don't think Dirks, Garcia and Rondon are anything to laugh at either.

  13. #703
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I don't think they would laugh at all. Would they accept it? Probably not but Jackson is one of the top young CF in the game and NC is a top prospect. I don't think Dirks, Garcia and Rondon are anything to laugh at either.
    They don't get Stanton

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,046
    vCash
    500
    Don't disagree but that's not a laughable package like you said

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,046
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    I just want the Tigers to be the team to beat in the AL and pretty much the whole MLB. I still think we need one more bat instead of dirks. I doubt dirks will fit in with torii hunter, fielder, cabrera, vmart. We should go out and trade for a good bat. I know i keep mentioning stanton, but he is too good not to try to trade for. Think about it... he is in a situation right now just like cabrera was with the marlins. Does anybody else have any ideas about who we can replace dirks with?
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    Yeah true, but if we want to compete with teams such as the blue jays, angels, and dodgers our lineup has to be scary from top to bottom and I think the bottom part of our lineup is currently really bad. I like Dirks more on a team like the astros. Since we are going all out this year we might as well get one more great bat. Stanton would be amazing now and incredible later since he is so young.
    Dude, we're better than the Angels and Blue Jays RIGHT NOW. Stop overrating them. (just like the media)

    I was watching MLBN earlier and some guy was shocked that a couple of guys picked us as the team to beat in the AL. Why the hell was he shocked!? We have arguably the best lineup and rotation.

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •