Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We really need one more great player. It doesn't matter if its a great pitcher like david price or another great hitter like giancarlo stanton. We just need one more scary guy to keep up with the angels,dodgers,indians,royals, and white sox. Dombrowski needs to be a little more aggressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    This is the craziest thing Ive read today.

2012 Albert Pujols
    .285 30 HR 105 RBI
    Definitely not typical Pujols numbers but after May he was a force. This guy is Elite and for anyone to even suggest hes declining to a point where hes not going to contribute at a high level is insane.

Josh Hamilton
    2012.285 43 HR 128 RBIs
    2011 .298 25HR 94 RBIs
    2010 .359 32HR 100 RBIs
    If streaky and injury prone can get my team those numbers, Ill take it.

Add Trout, Trumbo, Aybar, Morales to that group. thats a solid offense. comparable to ours. Possibly better.

Jared Weaver, CJ Wilson, and Tommy Hanson is a solid 3 for a pitching staff.

This is a sick team right now. The Rangers are going to lose ground without Hamilton unless they replace him with someone who is probably not available and the Angels are going to gain ground with the additions of Hamilton and Hanson. This is officially a scary team and a threat
    They are far from a "sick team". They have a good BP and solid 1-5, the rest are average. Scary, sure the offense, but that can be shut down very easily with good pitching. And that solid 3 man staff of Weaver, Wilson and Hanson, not so much. Weaver is legit can't chirp him but Hanson and Wilson aren't going to excel. Wilson could be OK if the result of his struggles last year were in fact the bone spurs he had removed. Hanson on the other hand, not going to have a fun time in the AL. He got worse every year in the NL and shoulder problems/injuries every year.

I do agree that Texas is going to take a step back now while the Angels take over #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DL1018 View Post
    We really need one more great player. It doesn't matter if its a great pitcher like david price or another great hitter like giancarlo stanton. We just need one more scary guy to keep up with the angels,dodgers,indians,royals, and white sox. Dombrowski needs to be a little more aggressive.
    We're better than the Indians, Royals and Sox (quite easily too) and IMO, we're better than the Angels.

Who cares about an NL team?
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Your kidding me right? Just because the royals picked up Santana and Sheilds and the Indians got Reynolds and Bauer you think we need to make a big move to keep up with them? Royals are still way to young an they will be lucky to win 75 games and Indians will be the same but just more strikeouts. The white Soxs haven't done a single thing that should scare us. I think DD does have something up his sleeves but I don't think were going to get a Stanton like player.

vCash
    How about we try to be more realistic and think Brennan Boesch for Brendan Ryan

vCash
    Well looks like we just lost out on Sanchez. Not sure how true it is yet.

vCash
    Yup Sanchez going to the Cubs.

vCash
    I guess Sanchez enjoys losing? Oh well, see ya.

Hold up:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

#tigers are very much in anibal mix, sources say. game not over yet.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 12-13-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I guess Sanchez enjoys losing? Oh well, see ya.

Hold up:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    **** is starting heat up. This is cra.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Yup Sanchez going to the Cubs.
    Not yet, Cubs offered 5/$75M but they say it's still open and "that the Tigers are still "very much in [the] mix." (both links to Twitter)"

I'm guessing Detroit will probably match that, they want him, and if so, he would be STUPID to sign with the Cubs.

vCash
    What do we have to get either of those two guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Not yet, Cubs offered 5/$75M but they say it's still open and "that the Tigers are still "very much in [the] mix." (both links to Twitter)"

I'm guessing Detroit will probably match that, they want him, and if so, he would be STUPID to sign with the Cubs.
    I would rather try to win a ring than have more money, why would anyone go from a top 3 team to one of the worst 3,

vCash
    $15/year isnt too horrible for a SP, especially for a guy like Sanchez. IDK, if the Tigers were to counter that, and he were to accept, I think I'd be OK with it, as long as it doesnt hamper our chances at signing Cabby and JV to extensions. If they do get Sanchez back, Porcello will be on the move for that SS/OF that everyone seems to want

vCash
    But with Dempster and Hamilton signing today, the pieces are starting to fall, and I doubt Sanchez will be around for much longer either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    But with Dempster and Hamilton signing today, the pieces are starting to fall, and I doubt Sanchez will be around for much longer either.
    He's only gone if he cares about money over winning. Detroit will offer him around 5 years/$75M I'm guessing since they see another team is willing and all the pitching is gone now.

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast