Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Our 2 year window to win it all has now shrunk. I was looking thru a big picture window now it looks the size of a port hole.

vCash
    Cant wait for people to jump off the Angels bandwagon when Trout has a major regression (batting under .270, less than 15HR and 50RBI), Pujols continues to decline, and Hamilton is carrying the entire team to a 82-82 record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    Our 2 year window to win it all has now shrunk. I was looking thru a big picture window now it looks the size of a port hole.
    Angels wont be a threat, just like they really werent last year... Although, Game 1 of the ALCS Verlander vs Weaver would be unreal. Great story line. The Tigers should resign Ordonez and Guillen just for that game

vCash
    Man I don't know what you've been sniffing but you are definately high on something.
    Did you not watch Albert after May? If anything Trout might even be better. Don't forget. He didn't even start the season in the majors. Plus the Rangers will have the Astros in their divison. The Angels will be a very good team next year. You over look them and you'll be sorry.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Cant wait for people to jump off the Angels bandwagon when Trout has a major regression (batting under .270, less than 15HR and 50RBI), Pujols continues to decline, and Hamilton is carrying the entire team to a 82-82 record
    Trout is an absolute STUD. If it weren't for Miggy he would be the best hitter in baseball. If he didn't hit over .320 every year in the minors as a teenager I could understand the argument but odds are he only gets better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Man I don't know what you've been sniffing but you are definately high on something.
    Did you not watch Albert after May? If anything Trout might even be better. Don't forget. He didn't even start the season in the majors. Plus the Rangers will have the Astros in their divison. The Angels will be a very good team next year. You over look them and you'll be sorry.
    Albert is declining, Hamilton is streaky and gets injured way to often, Trout will go threw a sophmore slump and there starting rotation does not impress me. But there bullpen is way better though. Top teams in the Mlb so far IMO. 1) Dodgers 2) Tigers 3) Nats 4) Reds 5) Angels 6) Blue Jays

vCash
    With Hamilton signing with the Angels, I feel like we need to make something happen to stay pace with them now. And as much as I would love to see a major upgrade at SS, Im starting to think we need a top pitcher more than anything. The pirates seen to be a good fit as a trade partner. Detroit gets Jose Tabata. Wandy Rodriguez, and Joel Hanrahan for Boesch, Porcello,and a pitching prospect.

Tabata would be a perfect platoon guy for Dirks. Good defense, good speed, and has shown the ability of a nice offense.

Wandy is not the greatest pitcher in the world but hes consistently good. I would take him over Porcello any day. Its always nice to have a durable veteran on the staff.

Hanrahan could be the closer for this year and allow Rondon to get a year in the big leagues to get a feel for it and next year can take over the closer role.

vCash
    -I posted this on the rangers site. This is what i got back so far.

--Quote (Originally by JackB)---

A Tiger fan here. what do you think about Fielder for either Profar or Andrus ? You get that power bat at first base.
    ---End Quote---
    Show me where to sign sir
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    -I posted this on the rangers site. This is what i got back so far.

--Quote (Originally by JackB)---

A Tiger fan here. what do you think about Fielder for either Profar or Andrus ? You get that power bat at first base.
    ---End Quote---
    Show me where to sign sir
    As a Tiger fan why would you want that? We need a SS yes but why give up the 2nd best LH bat in the league. Without Prince in the lineup, the Tigers become average. They would have nobody to protect Miggy.

As a Ranger fan of course you want this. Texas would/should give up anybody on their roster for Prince. He would hit 50 homers a year in that ballpark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    As a Tiger fan why would you want that? We need a SS yes but why give up the 2nd best LH bat in the league. Without Prince in the lineup, the Tigers become average. They would have nobody to protect Miggy.

As a Ranger fan of course you want this. Texas would/should give up anybody on their roster for Prince. He would hit 50 homers a year in that ballpark.
    Who's the best LH bat?

And VMart did just fine behind Miggy in 2011. Miggy doesn't need protection. He'll hit no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Albert is declining, Hamilton is streaky and gets injured way to often, Trout will go threw a sophmore slump and there starting rotation does not impress me. But there bullpen is way better though. Top teams in the Mlb so far IMO. 1) Dodgers 2) Tigers 3) Nats 4) Reds 5) Angels 6) Blue Jays
    This is the craziest thing Ive read today.

2012 Albert Pujols
    .285 30 HR 105 RBI
    Definitely not typical Pujols numbers but after May he was a force. This guy is Elite and for anyone to even suggest hes declining to a point where hes not going to contribute at a high level is insane.

Josh Hamilton
    2012.285 43 HR 128 RBIs
    2011 .298 25HR 94 RBIs
    2010 .359 32HR 100 RBIs
    If streaky and injury prone can get my team those numbers, Ill take it.

Add Trout, Trumbo, Aybar, Morales to that group. thats a solid offense. comparable to ours. Possibly better.

Jared Weaver, CJ Wilson, and Tommy Hanson is a solid 3 for a pitching staff.

This is a sick team right now. The Rangers are going to lose ground without Hamilton unless they replace him with someone who is probably not available and the Angels are going to gain ground with the additions of Hamilton and Hanson. This is officially a scary team and a threat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    This is the craziest thing Ive read today.

2012 Albert Pujols
    .285 30 HR 105 RBI
    Definitely not typical Pujols numbers but after May he was a force. This guy is Elite and for anyone to even suggest hes declining to a point where hes not going to contribute at a high level is insane.

Josh Hamilton
    2012.285 43 HR 128 RBIs
    2011 .298 25HR 94 RBIs
    2010 .359 32HR 100 RBIs
    If streaky and injury prone can get my team those numbers, Ill take it.

Add Trout, Trumbo, Aybar, Morales to that group. thats a solid offense. comparable to ours. Possibly better.

Jared Weaver, CJ Wilson, and Tommy Hanson is a solid 3 for a pitching staff.
    This is a sick team right now. The Rangers are going to lose ground without Hamilton unless they replace him with someone who is probably not available and the Angels are going to gain ground with the additions of Hamilton and Hanson. This is officially a scary team and a threat
    We'll see. Don't forget about what stadium Hamilton has been playing in for the last 5 years.

vCash
    I think everyone is high on the Trout pill. I cant wait to see those peoples reaction to his serious slump next year. Just look at his numbers after August. Guess what? Teams figured him out, and no doubt the teams in the AL West especially will be spending a lot of time watching his tape, and figuring out how to handle him better. Id be willing to put a lot of money on a serious decline for Mr Trout. He had a great 4 months which he was insane, but that does not make a career. Everyone has it hard for him, but he needs to prove himself over the next few seasons to be considered elite IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    We'll see. Don't forget about what stadium Hamilton has been playing in for the last 5 years.
    Yup. Arlington is one of the more friendly hitting parks in baseball while Anaheim is near the bottom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Who's the best LH bat?

And VMart did just fine behind Miggy in 2011. Miggy doesn't need protection. He'll hit no matter what.
    Would have to say Votto.

And yes, Miggy does need protection, without Prince or someone else similar he doesn't win the Triple Crown. V-Mart doesn't scare pitchers, so they will be more apt to walk Miggy and pitch to V-Mart, therefore hurting Miggys' production. Also remember that V-Mart is coming off an injury that caused him to miss the whole year. Himself, coaches and trainers say he's back on track and seems like he hasn't missed a beat but he hasn't faced MLB live pitching yet. I hope and expect him to be fine this year but without a big bat behind Miggy Detroit stands very little chance. Now add in that KC is legit, CLE got a little stronger and CWS seem to contend often, they would be in trouble.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast