Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    OMG! Have you ever seen him at the plate?

Wait until he arrives in Detroit. Actually wait until he's 23-24 years old. He will be a perennial .300 hitter for the Tigers. Plus, Nick will be cheap on the wallet for about four years.

You cannot have expensive players everywhere on the field. Every team needs to mix-in some young quality hitters that are still cheap.
    Ya I have and if he was a 3B I would say sign him for 10 years but he's not. He's not worth the money he'll get/want in few years as an OF so would much rather see them trade him for a SS or SP.

vCash
    The Tigers are fine at SS! Every team has the one spot in a lineup with below average production, and in NO circumstance will DD deal Nick for a SS. They dont even need to deal him for a SP. It would be nice to see the Tigers develope some new home grown talent, instead of trading it all away, or signing big FA. Can't live like that forever. Granted, I loved the Cabrera trade and Fielder signing, but it would be nice for once if the Tigers produced a super-star position player from their own minor league system (Yes, I know Verlander was a farm-hand, but a player NOT a starter or reliever...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    The Tigers are fine at SS! Every team has the one spot in a lineup with below average production, and in NO circumstance will DD deal Nick for a SS. They dont even need to deal him for a SP. It would be nice to see the Tigers develope some new home grown talent, instead of trading it all away, or signing big FA. Can't live like that forever. Granted, I loved the Cabrera trade and Fielder signing, but it would be nice for once if the Tigers produced a super-star position player from their own minor league system (Yes, I know Verlander was a farm-hand, but a player NOT a starter or reliever...)
    What about Avila?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    What about Avila?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    I'm all for developing our own talent but you also need to know which ones are worth keeping and using as trade bait. Castellanos would be a great player to develop if he were able to stay at 3rd, but I would trade him as an OF. If you package him in a deal to get a star SS it's totally worth it. SS is the most important(maybe #2) and most rare position to find star caliber players while OF are a dime a dozen. It's not like he is going to be a 5-tool hitter with stellar d, aka. Trout, Braun, Kemp, if that were the case 100% untouchable. He's Boesch on D and Stanton(potential) at bat. Not to mention Garcia is there as well. He's going to be a lot cheaper I'm guessing and, IMO will probably be better all around. Once Garcia is there, Verlander, Avila, Garcia, Smyly, Dirks, Infante and probably Porcello will all be home grown Tigers.

But I agree, can't live off big signings and trades, need to develop your own.

vCash
    SOB, I can't believe how little it took to get Bauer. Why didn't Detroit put something together better than that? Easily could have been done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    SOB, I can't believe how little it took to get Bauer. Why didn't Detroit put something together better than that? Easily could have been done.
    There must be something wrong with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Knobler reported that the Tigers were trying hard for James Shields before KC got him.
    Garcia was rumored to be in the deal but we couldn't match KCs offer.
    I would have done that in a heartbeat. If they were looking at Shields, does it mean they're not confident in re-signing Sanchez? out of their price range?

What other veteran starters are there that we could get through trade? Garza? Were linked to him quite a bit last off season.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Well now that Bauer is traded, we can focus elsewhere. and when I mean we, I mean the two guys who can't stop with him. I'm sorry, but we didn't need proven inconsistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I would have done that in a heartbeat. If they were looking at Shields, does it mean they're not confident in re-signing Sanchez? out of their price range?

What other veteran starters are there that we could get through trade? Garza? Were linked to him quite a bit last off season.
    Well we all know Dickey could be traded but I would pass on him cause of his age. Garza did have elbow surgery but that could mean his price could be lower. I've heard rumors about Lester could be on the trade block and that probably would cost us Porcello and Chris Capuano could be on the block too.

vCash
    Well we all know Dickey could be traded but I would pass on him cause of his age. Garza did have elbow surgery but that could mean his price could be lower. I've heard rumors about Lester could be on the trade block and that probably would cost us Porcello and Chris Capuano could be on the block too.
    PASS on Dickey, unless they want Putkonen. Garza could be worth getting if his elbow's OK, surgery can be a *****. I wouldn't mind Lester at all, but who could we give?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Well now that Bauer is traded, we can focus elsewhere. and when I mean we, I mean the two guys who can't stop with him. I'm sorry, but we didn't need proven inconsistency.
    Ya well now we get to see first hand how he turns out. My guess, better version of Scherzer.

vCash
    what was your guess on porcello?

vCash
    hahahahaha....I was waiting for this post from you!

vCash
    I'm not a fan of Bauer. The kid is uncoachable and seems to be very over rate.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    I know Arizona said he wouldn't listen and wanted to do things his way but give him a tough/stern coaching staff and a pitcher he could learn from, he'd be alright. Right now he's a top prospect who thinks his way is best, because so far it has been.

Just and example. Say Detroit got him, I would bet his attitude changes when Verlander starts giving advice.
    Last edited by kokes; 12-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    How do you know we didn't talk to them? Not like we know everything that goes on behind the scenes in the FO.
    Did anybody know we were trying to get Shields? I didn't . Well I thought maybe because there was rumbling of the Rays trading him. But we have no idea to what extent they talked about Shields or anybody else for that matter. Like Fielder. Nobody saw that coming.
    Can't get too caught in what we may have missed out on just because of the unknown.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast