Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Side note: Keep in mind, from the sounds of things DD isn't going to be a GM after 2014, so watch for a historic off-season in his last year.
    I kinda have the same suspicion. But at the same time, if he's potentially the next commish, maybe he plays it conservative so he doesn't look like he gambled too much with his previous position. If he goes out with a bang, and it fails, it's going to hang over him at the next level. Could go either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I kinda have the same suspicion. But at the same time, if he's potentially the next commish, maybe he plays it conservative so he doesn't look like he gambled too much with his previous position. If he goes out with a bang, and it fails, it's going to hang over him at the next level. Could go either way.
    Valid concern. Makes sense and could easily go that way too. I'm hoping for mine. haha

vCash
    You may not think Castellenos is a good 3B, but he is far better in the infield than Outfield. He sucks in the grass. The only reason he is in the outfield is because there is no room for him in the infield when he makes it to the big club. With that said, he has a lot of work to do in the outfield to even be considered for the majors, wherever he ends up. He has the defensive prowess of Brennan Boesch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    You may not think Castellenos is a good 3B, but he is far better in the infield than Outfield. He sucks in the grass. The only reason he is in the outfield is because there is no room for him in the infield when he makes it to the big club. With that said, he has a lot of work to do in the outfield to even be considered for the majors, wherever he ends up. He has the defensive prowess of Brennan Boesch
    Sounds like a good candidate for the offensively starved Pittsburgh Pirates...

vCash
    Trade Nick for Talleson.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Trade Nick for Talleson.
    Yeah, Jameson Taillon would look great in the D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Outfield is hell of a lot easier than 3B. You're right saying he's got the defensive prowess of Boesch, and that would be a lot easier for a team to swallow in the outfield. I don't think that's the only reason he was moved, big part of it for sure, but they didn't think highly of his D to at 3B to begin with.

vCash
    Knobler reported that the Tigers were trying hard for James Shields before KC got him.

vCash
    Garcia was rumored to be in the deal but we couldn't match KCs offer.

vCash

vCash
    Im very glad they didnt trade for Shields. Garcia has a lot of potential, and SP isnt really our issue. There are arms on the market (ie Jackson, Lohse) that can be inning eaters for the Tigers. Wait for the right deal to trade away one of the top prospects. Either that, or save them. Garcia and Castellanos, with Jackson, will be the outfield of the future.

vCash
    And I cant wait for that outfield. No reason to believe we could see that happen this season come September, or even earlier as an injury replacement, especially if Garcia makes the team out of Spring Training...

vCash
    It's still good to see the tigers are willing to trade for a high caliber player. I hope they trade for someone...

vCash
    They need to trade Castellanos. Most Tiger fans won't agree, but it's not like you can't find another OF that will be able to hit like him. If he was good enough to stay at 3B then maybe not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    They need to trade Castellanos. Most Tiger fans won't agree, but it's not like you can't find another OF that will be able to hit like him. If he was good enough to stay at 3B then maybe not.
    OMG! Have you ever seen him at the plate?

Wait until he arrives in Detroit. Actually wait until he's 23-24 years old. He will be a perennial .300 hitter for the Tigers. Plus, Nick will be cheap on the wallet for about four years.

You cannot have expensive players everywhere on the field. Every team needs to mix-in some young quality hitters that are still cheap.

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast