Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Grienke appears to be getting 147.5m from the Dodgers.

Verlander =

He's gonna get *paid*.
    And he deserves it.

25 a year for at least 6 years I'd bet. Probably more like 7/8. Illitch'll get it done though, I'm not too worried.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Think about the 2 contracts the Tigers will have to sign: Miggy and Verlander. Between the two, they will cost over 50 million a year. Plus, will have to re-sign Scherzer and Fister and Jackson, who will all seek 10+ million a year. Going to be very interesting to see how they handle it. Hopefully, they invest in it and spend the money they are going to have to. Payroll will be over 180 for the entire team for the forseeable future if all these guys are to be re-signed. Realistically however, it will be very difficult to keep both Scherzer and Fister. I hope they do, but got to be realistic...

vCash
    I guess Greinke must've enjoyed his time with the Angels because I'm surprised to see him go to a big market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    IMO, the Tigers should just go after someone like K Rod if they want a relief pitcher that has the ability to close. (I'm one that thinks just about any RP could close but that's not how this organization thinks)
    K Rod would work, but when it comes to closing it does take a different mindset than other RP. There's a lot more stress and pressure so would need to be able to handle that, not all RP can do that.

vCash
    I would give Verlander a fully filled out contract with 3 blank lines and tell him I want it back in 2 days.
    1) years ____
    2) $______
    3) Player Signature _________.

He is the Steve Yzerman of baseball. Illitch has built a bond with him the exact same way and wouldn't surprise me if he was treated close to the same. Verlander will never leave Detroit unless he's traded. He won't screw Detroit either. I'm sure he'll get a fair amount but will give them a discount so they can keep a deeper team together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Think about the 2 contracts the Tigers will have to sign: Miggy and Verlander. Between the two, they will cost over 50 million a year. Plus, will have to re-sign Scherzer and Fister and Jackson, who will all seek 10+ million a year. Going to be very interesting to see how they handle it. Hopefully, they invest in it and spend the money they are going to have to. Payroll will be over 180 for the entire team for the forseeable future if all these guys are to be re-signed. Realistically however, it will be very difficult to keep both Scherzer and Fister. I hope they do, but got to be realistic...
    I highly doubt that Scherzer is on the team in 2014...my guess is that Fister will be though. Jackson will get paid, and should...Tigers will have to stay cheap on at least one of the corner outfield spots as well as 2B.

vCash
    Enjoy the 2 year ride now. The only way we resign both Cabrera and Verlander is to some how trade Prince. This team is built to win now. So I doubt they trade Fielder before we win. So here's hoping we win it in 13 and being able to trade Prince after that season. Hopefully it works that way instead of us having to bow to Verlander before the 2014 season and having to make that tough call on Miggy. With payroll rocketing on up maybe we get lucky and somebody will want Princes big left handed bat.

vCash
    They can keep all 3. Fielder is already done, nobody is going to take on that contract in a couple years and I wouldn't want to pay for Prince to play against me. Verlander will most likely take a discount to stay with Detroit making sure they have money to get other pieces, mainly so they can re-sign Miggy. Miggy will clearly get the biggest contract between him and Verlander, but I almost guarantee he takes less than Fielder.

Scherzer won't be re-signed or extended, my guess is traded either at the deadline this year or in the off-season. Fister won't cost too much, I think they'll extend him before he hits FA.

vCash
    I don't think Big Mig stays. He seems most likely of the big 3 to go, imho. It sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I don't think Big Mig stays. He seems most likely of the big 3 to go, imho. It sucks
    The real price of Fielder's contract.

vCash
    im pretty surprised that we have been so quiet this off season with the exception of signing Hunter. but something big could still happen. last year we didnt sign Fielder till Jan 25 i believe??? i think we still need to tweak this line up a little. i still look for something to happen. well i hope anyways

vCash
    How do we feel about the Royals getting big game James?

vCash
    That is something we should keep our eyes on. They have a load of young talent, the one thing they were missing was pitching.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    How do we feel about the Royals getting big game James?
    Certainly gives that rotation a boost, but lets be honest they still don't have more than a #2, couple #3's and typical #4's and 5's. IMO, I think they gave up a little too much, so as a Tiger fan, I'm happier to face Shields on the mound than Myers at the plate.

vCash
    and sanchez needs to look somewhere else for a paycheck

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast