Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Saw that too, wouldn't mind getting Hanrahan from the Pirates but not sure if we have anything they need. Hopefully they don't listen to Boras and throw a bunch of years and money at Soriano, think it would be a big mistake.
    I would be down with Hanrahan.. The Pirates probaly would want either Ricky P or Smyly in return and I wouldn't mind shipping Boesch in that deal too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    I would be down with Hanrahan.. The Pirates probaly would want either Ricky P or Smyly in return and I wouldn't mind shipping Boesch in that deal too.
    I am not sure we can give up one of our starting pitchers for Hanrahan...as we are not likely to get Sanchez back. I don't disagree with you in what the Pirates want, just not sure we can give it to them. Boesch yes, but that won't net you Hanrahan.

vCash
    Well yeah I would only trade Ricky or Smyly if were sure we can sign a SP. Do u think Boesch, Crosby, and wilk would be enough to get a deal done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Well yeah I would only trade Ricky or Smyly if were sure we can sign a SP. Do u think Boesch, Crosby, and wilk would be enough to get a deal done?
    Yes. Crosby and Wilk are both relief pitchers in the eyes of everyone else...and Boesch has offensive upside that everyone craves, it is just that he is getting too old to be floundering, that said he definitely is worth the risk at 28, at least one more year. I think some teams might look at Crosby as a possible 4/5 starter but there are more that view him as a RP, I think.

vCash
    I kind of think we are just being used as leverage with soriano. We never get the guys we are linked to, thats just how it goes.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    There is absolutely no way Dombrowski ships Smyly for Hanrahan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Certainly hope not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Agree. I don't think he ships Porcello for Hanrahan either, quite honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Agree. I don't think he ships Porcello for Hanrahan either, quite honestly.
    Now that I would do. Not straight up but maybe:

Porcello, Santiago, Boesch, Crosby
    for
    Hanrahan, Tabata, Holt

vCash
    Idk if anyone agrees with me, but it seems like the market is playing out for the Tigers to make a move at Josh Hamilton or Michael Bourne. We need another OF, for Bourn Boras is his agent, and Illitch could pull another fielder type move with Hamilton. Hamilton is reportedly drawing interest from the Mariners and Rangers with the Rangers about to get Greinke and saying they wont get both. Bourn's market has completely dwindled with Seattle again being reportedly the only team involved. Both players would be huge additions to again, and with Illitch as the owner he has shown you cant rule out anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cjags77 View Post
    Idk if anyone agrees with me, but it seems like the market is playing out for the Tigers to make a move at Josh Hamilton or Michael Bourne. We need another OF, for Bourn Boras is his agent, and Illitch could pull another fielder type move with Hamilton. Hamilton is reportedly drawing interest from the Mariners and Rangers with the Rangers about to get Greinke and saying they wont get both. Bourn's market has completely dwindled with Seattle again being reportedly the only team involved. Both players would be huge additions to again, and with Illitch as the owner he has shown you cant rule out anything.
    I don't think that we are in on either of these two guys...just my opinion.

vCash
    We would have to score 8-10 runs a game because after our top three starters 4-5 along with our bullpen probably give up 7-9 runs a game. Granted our # 4 or # 5 might be better than somebody elses but they don't always match up that way. Plus we need serious bullpen help. I don't trust Coke and Benoit. And the jury is still out on Rondon. Just stuff I'm running through my head that I'm sharing with you guys.
    It would be kind of kewl if we could make a deal with Texas if they lose out on Hamilton. Give them Fielder for Harrison and Agondo. Never happen.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Bourne is overrated. About all he has is speed, and that isnt worth the contract he will be getting IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Saw that too, wouldn't mind getting Hanrahan from the Pirates but not sure if we have anything they need. Hopefully they don't listen to Boras and throw a bunch of years and money at Soriano, think it would be a big mistake.
    IMO, the Tigers should just go after someone like K Rod if they want a relief pitcher that has the ability to close. (I'm one that thinks just about any RP could close but that's not how this organization thinks)
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    The expectation is that wherever he signs, Greinke has a real chance to beat CC Sabathia's record for the biggest contract ever given to a pitcher ($161 million). And in doing so, he'll no doubt raise the price for Justin Verlander (who the Tigers want to extend this winter), Clayton Kershaw and eventually David Price.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...perstar-logjam

Knobler is pretty good with this stuff. What kind of deal would you guys be comfortable with giving JV?
    % of Souls Taken: 100

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast