Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Kelly is a better defender at 2nd base than Infante, he's better on the bases and has more power. Overall Johnson isn't that much better, but if we can put him at 2nd on the cheap and move Infante to a super-sub role than it improves the team, it's really that simple for me.
    2B is not an issue. Infante is not a bad 2B and there is no benefit to making him the super-sub instead of Santiago. The market this year is strange in the fact that I have not seen many deals "on the cheap." Quite the opposite actually. I think it more wise to make a move that is necessary. Moving Infante out of a starting role is not necessary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Ohh that's what you meant when you said you'd be fine as long as he "Hoovers". That one went right over my head lol
    What can I say, both of my grandmothers always owned Eurekas or Hoovers...and it did not sound right when I was growing up to say "That kid can really Eureka!"
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Kelly is a better defender at 2nd base than Infante, he's better on the bases and has more power. Overall Johnson isn't that much better, but if we can put him at 2nd on the cheap and move Infante to a super-sub role than it improves the team, it's really that simple for me.
    Not a chance is he better on the bases. Speed and smarts both go to Infante on the base paths. Defense is close Fld% wise but range, double pay combo and I would say arm strength also go to Infante. Like I said, the only thing Johnson provides more of is power and it's not like he possesses enough power to hit 20 homers in Comerica so he's a waste.

Plus they just traded for a 2B with speed, not going to sign another one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I am just wary of NL guys batting average versus hitting in the AL. I hope you are correct...but like I said, I would take Gordon even if he only hit .200, we need a vaccuum at SS regardless of BA.
    Dodgers fans say Gordon isn't a good defender so where did you get "vacuum" from?

I think Gordon is a very poor player and don't want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Dodgers fans say Gordon isn't a good defender so where did you get "vacuum" from?

He's not a Hoover he's more of a Dirt Devil. lol His d isn't spectacular but he's still young and learning. Going to be fine in the field but it's his bat and speed on the bases that makes it worth it 100%.

vCash
    I am just wary of NL guys batting average versus hitting in the AL. I hope you are correct...but like I said, I would take Gordon even if he only hit .200, we need a vaccuum at SS regardless of BA.
    Gordon made 18 errors in 79 games last season. Jhonny made 7 errors in 149 games. Think about that for a sec... Gordon is young but I would pass on him.

vCash
    Can April get here already? Clearly we have nothing to watch until then because there will be no hockey, and the NBA sucks balls soo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Can April get here already? Clearly we have nothing to watch until then because there will be no hockey, and the NBA sucks balls soo.
    You can watch the Steelers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso_smith View Post
    can april get here already? Clearly we have nothing to watch until then because there will be no hockey, and the nba sucks balls soo.
    agreed!!!!!!!!!

vCash

His stat sheet as a prospect was an average to above average defender...leaning towards above average. Compared to Yanni Peralta...he is a better defender.

Kokes...I love the Dirt Devil reference. May I use that?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Gordon made 18 errors in 79 games last season. Jhonny made 7 errors in 149 games. Think about that for a sec... Gordon is young but I would pass on him.
    Don't get caught up in the quick numbers...there is more to it than that. There are 30 teams in MLB...last year there were 14 teams in the AL; 16 in the NL. The Detroit Tigers were 13th in getting to balls put in play in the AL and 26th in the MLB. The stat is primarily for infield defense. The fly in the ointment was none other than Yanni Peralta.

Statistically, I am guessing that Danny Worth gets to 1-1.5 more balls a game.

SS is THE most important position on the infield other than catcher, Avila is fine we don't need to talk about him...but Peralta is a Tiger killer and he is on our freaking roster! And we PAY him for this!

vCash
    His stat sheet as a prospect was an average to above average defender...leaning towards above average. Compared to Yanni Peralta...he is a better defender.

Kokes...I love the Dirt Devil reference. May I use that?!?

It's all yours.

vCash
    Olney reported were looking for a reliever that could close through trade

vCash
    Olney reported were looking for a reliever that could close through trade
    Saw that too, wouldn't mind getting Hanrahan from the Pirates but not sure if we have anything they need. Hopefully they don't listen to Boras and throw a bunch of years and money at Soriano, think it would be a big mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Saw that too, wouldn't mind getting Hanrahan from the Pirates but not sure if we have anything they need. Hopefully they don't listen to Boras and throw a bunch of years and money at Soriano, think it would be a big mistake.
    Agree with you on everything...AGAIN.

Interesting thought, would the Pirates be will to swap SS in a deal? Barmes covers a lot of ground...I am sure the Tigers want Hanrahan, just not sure what we have we could entice the Pirates with???

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast