Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    So basically he replaces Brantley?
    McCann replaced him and Casali too. This guy will probably be in AAA with Holaday as the backup on the MLB team.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Ya I saw that.
    I was literally laughing at my desk when I read this one...imagining your response....hahahahahahaha

vCash
    He could easily get the call up if he's hitting in the minors and Holaday doesn't work out. He's much better at the plate, reliable enough behind the plate and just needs to work on his arm basically.

But as I posted in another thread, thinking outside of the box kind of, what are the odds signing Cabrera is setting up a deal for Gordon???

LAD are looking for LHRP, Back-up C and 3B/SS. We have that in Crosby, Cabrera/Holaday and Peralta (slide Hanley to SS).
    That would be a possibility...I like it but not sure that Dombrowski gives up that much for Gordon and his light-hitting history...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Kelly Johnson > Omar Infante
    How?
    I'm not saying Infante is anything special but definitely better than Johnson. Only thing he doesn't do better is hit for power. At Comerica, Johnson would probably have his homers go from 20 to 15. Speed, fielding, avg and base running all go to Infante, IMO.

vCash
    How?
    I'm not saying Infante is anything special but definitely better than Johnson. Only thing he doesn't do better is hit for power. At Comerica, Johnson would probably have his homers go from 20 to 15. Speed, fielding, avg and base running all go to Infante, IMO.
    I second that, Johnson is not as good as Infante.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    DD doesn't really go for Cuban players it seems like. I hope he at least checks in on this kid though. We have nothing in the minors that screams "MLB talent" coming in the next 2 or 3 years.
    Especially up the middle of the field...pitching and OFs, we seem to gravitate towards these two...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    That would be a possibility...I like it but not sure that Dombrowski gives up that much for Gordon and his light-hitting history...
    Gordon was top prospect couple years ago, came up and hit .300. Shows he has the skills and his speed + d alone would be great to have. If he got his swing back and fixed the kinks I think he could be top 3 SS in the league. Could you imagine Jackson, Gordon, Miggy, Prince, V-Mart, Hunter, Dirks, Infante, Avila. That's pretty to me.

Since he had the down year though I would add in either Guerra or a decent prospect.

vCash
    Gordon was top prospect couple years ago, came up and hit .300. Shows he has the skills and his speed + d alone would be great to have. If he got his swing back and fixed the kinks I think he could be top 3 SS in the league. Could you imagine Jackson, Gordon, Miggy, Prince, V-Mart, Hunter, Dirks, Infante, Avila. That's pretty to me.

Since he had the down year though I would add in either Guerra or a decent prospect.
    kokes, I agree with you, 100%. I don't think you could be any more right on your assessments...problem is over the past few years Dombrowski and a lot of Tigers fans seem to want to build the team that is similar to the Yankees (everything based on power, power, and more power)....which is quite unfortunate.

I would love Gordon..even if he did not end up being a top 3 SS in the league.

vCash
    I personally think this is the guy DD should go all in for. I don't mean overpay out the ***, his value is slightly lower after last year so perfect time, but still going to need to give something up. I say it a lot but I'm a firm believer in the sophomore slump. I expect Gordon to bounce back, .280+ with 50+ sb. He's only 24 and doesn't hit free agency until 2018. Exactly what Detroit needs.

vCash
    I personally think this is the guy DD should go all in for. I don't mean overpay out the ***, his value is slightly lower after last year so perfect time, but still going to need to give something up. I say it a lot but I'm a firm believer in the sophomore slump. I expect Gordon to bounce back, .280+ with 50+ sb. He's only 24 and doesn't hit free agency until 2018. Exactly what Detroit needs.
    I think you are right. Although expecting him to hit .280+ is a stretch...I see him at .250, and would be thrilled at .200 as long as he Hoovers at SS which I think no doubt he will be.

vCash
    He could easily get the call up if he's hitting in the minors and Holaday doesn't work out. He's much better at the plate, reliable enough behind the plate and just needs to work on his arm basically.
    Ever wonder why all ballplayers don;t have good, strong arms?
    You can only work on arms until they reach a wall.

Cabrera will never be a major league catcher. This was a "nothing-for-Detroit' trade. The only upside Cabrera has - is learning a new position someday. Maybe the Tigers tutors will go that route, depending on the productivity level of his bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Ever wonder why all ballplayers don;t have good, strong arms?
    You can only work on arms until they reach a wall.

Cabrera will never be a major league catcher. This was a "nothing-for-Detroit' trade. The only upside Cabrera has - is learning a new position someday. Maybe the Tigers tutors will go that route, depending on the productivity level of his bat.
    He's 23, there's time to work on his arm strength and accuracy. He already has the tools at the plate and and not terrible defensively so if they focus on throwing programs it's not hard. Even if his arm is sub-par, does a back-up catcher who is mainly there to hit really need a strong arm for the 40 games he might play. If he had all 3 (arm, d, bat) he would be a starter, along with any catcher out there, hence why he would be a back-up.

I think you are right. Although expecting him to hit .280+ is a stretch...I see him at .250, and would be thrilled at .200 as long as he Hoovers at SS which I think no doubt he will be.
    Why do you think .280 is a stretch? I know it's only minors so far but only hit below .300 once before last year and .304 when he was called up in 2011. I only said .280 IN CASE he can't fix things. I truly believe he'll hit .290 or better most years.

vCash
    He's 23, there's time to work on his arm strength and accuracy. He already has the tools at the plate and and not terrible defensively so if they focus on throwing programs it's not hard. Even if his arm is sub-par, does a back-up catcher who is mainly there to hit really need a strong arm for the 40 games he might play. If he had all 3 (arm, d, bat) he would be a starter, along with any catcher out there, hence why he would be a back-up.

Why do you think .280 is a stretch? I know it's only minors so far but only hit below .300 once before last year and .304 when he was called up in 2011. I only said .280 IN CASE he can't fix things. I truly believe he'll hit .290 or better most years.
    I am just wary of NL guys batting average versus hitting in the AL. I hope you are correct...but like I said, I would take Gordon even if he only hit .200, we need a vaccuum at SS regardless of BA.

vCash
    How?
    Kelly is a better defender at 2nd base than Infante, he's better on the bases and has more power. Overall Johnson isn't that much better, but if we can put him at 2nd on the cheap and move Infante to a super-sub role than it improves the team, it's really that simple for me.

vCash
    I am just wary of NL guys batting average versus hitting in the AL. I hope you are correct...but like I said, I would take Gordon even if he only hit .200, we need a vaccuum at SS regardless of BA.
    Ohh that's what you meant when you said you'd be fine as long as he "Hoovers". That one went right over my head lol

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast