Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm wondering if we don't sign Sanchez and go with the same 5 starters we started with last year, will we take that money plus prospects and go after a big-time SS like Tulo, or maybe push harder for Stephen Drew and possibly Kelly Johnson as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Yes, we need a 4th OF and more power there as well, plus we don't know how well Dirks will perform, it's not like he's all that proven.
    I completely disagree with you...then and now. Your logic would say that we also need to swap Infante for a player with more pop in his bat as he is the last guy on the field who does not flash power once in a while. Ridiculous.

I respect your opinion but you are wrong...we do not need a 4th OF. We don't need more power either.

Brian Sabean does not use your logic and he actually won a WS...

vCash
    I'm wondering if we don't sign Sanchez and go with the same 5 starters we started with last year, will we take that money plus prospects and go after a big-time SS like Tulo, or maybe push harder for Stephen Drew and possibly Kelly Johnson as well?
    Lynn Henning wrote and article in the Detroit News recently that stated what I have been afraid of since the signing of Fielder...we are at the threshhold of what Illitch can afford...with the exception of Sanchez.

Kelly Johnson does not seem to be on our radar.
    Stephen Drew will not be taken now that Chavez was picked up by the D-Backs.

Tulo is an interesting conversation though...I wonder???

vCash
    All of that would be horrible. lol No offense, but the only good thing I see there is signing Sanchez, unlike I've stated before his price tag goes too high which I see happening once Greinke's gone.

Tulo would be impossible to get. Sure would be nice but that thought might as well not cross anyones mind again. If ARI is out on Peralta then I doubt they can trade him for anything worth while so signing Drew would be pointless. And Kelly Johnson, for real?!?!? He's a lefty bat with some pop which would die in Comerica and nothing special with the glove. Plus where would you put him? Not going to start and certainly not going to pay him to come off the bench. He would be pure waste of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    All of that would be horrible. lol No offense, but the only good thing I see there is signing Sanchez, unlike I've stated before his price tag goes too high which I see happening once Greinke's gone.

Tulo would be impossible to get. Sure would be nice but that thought might as well not cross anyones mind again. If ARI is out on Peralta then I doubt they can trade him for anything worth while so signing Drew would be pointless. And Kelly Johnson, for real?!?!? He's a lefty bat with some pop which would die in Comerica and nothing special with the glove. Plus where would you put him? Not going to start and certainly not going to pay him to come off the bench. He would be pure waste of money.
    I reviewed Tulo's contract, as I could not remember...kokes is correct...no way, unless you swap for either Cabrera or Fielder...about the only deal I see with Colorado developing is with DeLaRosa to pitch...and I pulled that one out of my ***.

Troy Tulowitzki ss
    10 years/$157.75M (2011-20), plus 2021 club option
    ■10 years/$157.75M (2011-20), plus 2021 club option
    ■signed extension with Colorado 11/30/10, replacing final 3 years and option in previous contract
    ■11:$5.5M, 12:$8.25M, 13:$10M, 14:$16M, 15-19:$20M annually, 20:$14M, 21:$15M club option ($4M buyout)

vCash
    PS. I would definitely swap Fielder for Tulo but you guys already knew that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    I just despise Berry as a baseball player, give him a little extra hate that's all. Just something about him makes me angry.
    Hey kokes, don't look now but,

Two weeks ago, Detroit Tigers rookie Quintin Berry was announced as the recipient of the Detroit Sports Broadcasters’ Associates Rookie of the Year Award. This week, it was announced that Berry will be given the Tenth Man Award by the Detroit Baseball Society.

Berry will receive the 2012 Tenth Man Award on January 26th. The award is meant to award a player who is not in the lineup every game, but still contributes. Last year, the award went to utility player Don Kelly.

In the 2012 season, Berry saw his first major league experience after spending seven years in the minors. The Tigers outfielder, who was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the fifth round of the 2006 MLBDraft, was a key speedster for the team. Berry led the team with six triples and 21 stolen bases. Berry hit .258, with an impressive .330 on-base percentage. The Tigers player filled in nicely at all three outfield when injuries to Austin Jackson and Andy Dirks left the Tigers short. Berry also filled in at the leadoff hitter spot normally held by Jackson.

Berry became a fan favorite with his speed and dugout excitement. The Tigers outfielder hit safely in his first six games in the majors. After Jackson returned from injury, Berry was seldom used and saw his statistics decline.

The tenth man award could be a curse for Tigers players. Kelly was not re-signed by the Tigers during the off-season and Berry now finds himself in a crowded outfield position battle with the team. Berry contributed when needed for the Tigers and will hopefully be rewarded with some starts in the 2013 season.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2012/1...eoKSe8VfDu0.99

vCash
    Well the tigers just traded one of their prospects! Andy oliver for a double a catcher named ramon cabrera. Dont really understand this one at all.
    I thought he would be in some package deal for a proven player.
    Last edited by kpa9491; 12-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Hey kokes, don't look now but,

Two weeks ago, Detroit Tigers rookie Quintin Berry was announced as the recipient of the Detroit Sports Broadcasters’ Associates Rookie of the Year Award. This week, it was announced that Berry will be given the Tenth Man Award by the Detroit Baseball Society.

Berry will receive the 2012 Tenth Man Award on January 26th. The award is meant to award a player who is not in the lineup every game, but still contributes. Last year, the award went to utility player Don Kelly.

In the 2012 season, Berry saw his first major league experience after spending seven years in the minors. The Tigers outfielder, who was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the fifth round of the 2006 MLBDraft, was a key speedster for the team. Berry led the team with six triples and 21 stolen bases. Berry hit .258, with an impressive .330 on-base percentage. The Tigers player filled in nicely at all three outfield when injuries to Austin Jackson and Andy Dirks left the Tigers short. Berry also filled in at the leadoff hitter spot normally held by Jackson.

Berry became a fan favorite with his speed and dugout excitement. The Tigers outfielder hit safely in his first six games in the majors. After Jackson returned from injury, Berry was seldom used and saw his statistics decline.

The tenth man award could be a curse for Tigers players. Kelly was not re-signed by the Tigers during the off-season and Berry now finds himself in a crowded outfield position battle with the team. Berry contributed when needed for the Tigers and will hopefully be rewarded with some starts in the 2013 season.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2012/1...eoKSe8VfDu0.99
    Ya I saw that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpa9491 View Post
    Well the tigers just traded one of their prospects! Andy oliver for a double a catcher named ramon cabrera. Dont really understand this one at all.
    I thought he would be in some package deal for a proven player.
    Oliver isn't much of a prospect around the MLB. He's high on the Tigers list because that list isn't very good. They basically traded away a pitcher they had no use for to fill a hole(back-up catcher). Instead of letting Oliver walk after his contract or keep playing the waiting the game they got something instead of nothing.

Cabrera is a switch hitting catcher who can get on base and make contact. Not a great arm behind the plate but that can improve. In the end, exactly what a back-up catcher should be.

vCash
    He is not going to be the back up catcher. He will play for erie or toledo. He is catching depth that is all. I just expected oliver would be in a package with some other players to try and get something that will help us now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpa9491 View Post
    He is not going to be the back up catcher. He will play for erie or toledo. He is catching depth that is all. I just expected oliver would be in a package with some other players to try and get something that will help us now.
    So basically he replaces Brantley?

vCash
    He could easily get the call up if he's hitting in the minors and Holaday doesn't work out. He's much better at the plate, reliable enough behind the plate and just needs to work on his arm basically.

But as I posted in another thread, thinking outside of the box kind of, what are the odds signing Cabrera is setting up a deal for Gordon???

LAD are looking for LHRP, Back-up C and 3B/SS. We have that in Crosby, Cabrera/Holaday and Peralta (slide Hanley to SS).

vCash
    Kelly Johnson > Omar Infante

vCash
    DD doesn't really go for Cuban players it seems like. I hope he at least checks in on this kid though. We have nothing in the minors that screams "MLB talent" coming in the next 2 or 3 years.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast