Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We need a SS that can play defense, Drew is better than Peralta with the glove, about even with the bat, an obvious upgrade but like some have pointed out not by a lot. The smart baseball move right now is to add a plus defender for dirt cheap there, trade Peralta for a proven bullpen arm, and use the money saved there to lock up Sanchez. Either Smyly or Porcello come out of the pen unless you can deal Porcello for something worthwhile, maybe wait on that to see what hole pops up in July.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    With the first big piece falling (Upton signing), the rest of the dominoes will start to fall. I would be shocked if DD didnt pull something off at the Winter Meetings, and he has the prospects to deal. Especially if he were to send JP away for prospects (like dddtfan said), send those guys with whoever else, and there is a mega-deal waiting to happen. It could be an obvious deal for Justin Upton, a less likely one for Stanton (although with the Marlins fire-sale, and DDs history with the Marlins prying elite hitters from them, specifically Miggy, it wouldnt be all that shocking), or even a deal out of absolutely nowhere.

HOWEVER, my bet is that Illitch goes to DD and says, "ya know that Hamilton guy? Offer him 4 years $100+ million. Do whatever it takes to get him."

Imagine that...

1) Jackson
    2) Hunter
    3) Cabrera
    4) Hamilton
    5) Prince
    6) V-Mart
    7) Avila
    8) Peralta/Drew
    9) Infante
    I don't mean to quibble, but JL really likes the R-L-R-L thing as much as possible

If Drew is not part of the equation, which if we go sign that Hamilton guy, I don't think Drew will be,

Hamilton would hit third, Cabrera fourth, Prince fifth and Martinez sixth.

It is just my opinion, but if Hamilton comes to this team, 3-4-5 HAS to be Hamilton, Cabrera, Fielder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Marlins would never make that trade for Stanton.
    Tigers are not trading Castellanos this winter anyways.
    Look Damus, I'm just throwing my opinion out there just like the next guy, my thought is, to get Stanton, Castellanos HAS TO BE a part of that trade. If there was one place that I think the team would trade Castellanos to, it would be Miami, because, as you know as a member of the front office, Castellanos is from there and they would trade him to his hometown if they could get Stanton out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsforlife View Post
    I saw that too and wondered if we were a match for Hanrahan. I would rather make a trade for a cheaper closer (Hanrahan, maybe even Perez) than sign one to an inflated contract (Soriano). Those big contracts for closers rarely work out anymore.

The only SS upgrade I see this year would be if we did nab Drew and then traded Peralta. Otherwise, I think SS will be on top of the list next year.

The only true need we have this year is closer and back up catcher. I really think we will settle with Dirks/Garcia platoon in left and if we don't sign Sanchez, I think we would just use Porcello and Smyly as 4/5.
    I agree with paragraph #2, and think it is a strong possibility

vCash
    DDDfan

Damus has never said he is a member of the Tigers front office.

That is hilarious.

Drinking tonight DDD?

vCash

Aledmys Diaz- Cuban SS

With all the success of the Cuban's lately I would be very disappointed if DD didn't really go after Aledmys Diaz. He is said to be a good fielder, with an above average arm, good on base guy, has some power, and will steal some bases as well. In his last Cuban season before he defected he hit .315, had a .404 on base, and hit 12 HR's. To me, for a Cuban to be said to be a "good" fielder means he's much better than anything we have on our roster or in the minors.

Given the going rate last year for the group that defected, I think this guy may cost us around 4M a year due to what I've read as him being ready in a year. I think with what we pay for other players it would be well worth the risk for a guy that can play SS for us very soon.

Is he worth the risk?

vCash
    Anyone who plays shortstop and has a name that awesome deserves a shot.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Good average and speed, that's something the Tigers could use. Whether that translates into the big leagues or not is the question but I see no harm in signing him.

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    The Tigers will not tender Daniel Schlereth a contract.
    It's surprising given that Schlereth wasn't eligible for salary arbitration, but they must be really concerned about his shoulder. Schlereth missed most of 2012 while dealing with shoulder tendinitis and posted a 10.29 ERA in seven innings when he was healthy.
    rotoworld

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    WOW, Stink Jr. gone. He just never really could throw enough strikes to stay in the big leagues. Looks like he's a lefty option gone from the pen now. Looks like Oliver will get a shot, maybe, but he will also need to learn to throw strikes.

vCash
    http://www.chatsports.com/detroit-ti...era-0-7025134#

I would love to see a deal happen. For the right price of course! Should cost alot to get him since he plays for indians. Makes me think a 3 way trade might happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    This does not seem likely. The tigers are not just going to sit put with what they have. That is completely against what they have done recently. If DD does not make a huge splash over the next couple weeks I would be shocked. At this point the tigers have the prospects to grab almost anyone away from any team besides the young untouchable players like Trout or something like that. I could even see him trading prospects away to grab an ace pitcher to make the pitching incredibly scary. I believe something completely out of nowhere will happen in the next couple weeks.
    I beg to differ. DD usually jumps on something early as he did this year (Hunter) then sits back and near the end may pull off something huge (ala Fielder), but I just don't see it happening. He may sit tight until the season and pull off a trade then as he usually does.

All I was saying is that we don't have any HUGE hole anymore with the Hunter signing. If we don't get Sanchez, we may try to swing a trade, but I can see them waiting until midseason like he has done the last 2 years.

vCash
    Don't know anything about him but i'll take him over Peralta next year lol.

vCash
    Yeah im still pissed we didn't get cespedes last year. The A's took a chance and thats paying off well for them. I would try to get him and see what he's got for a year before peraltas contract is up.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Yes a 3 way to get cabrera would be sweet. We send some young OF to facilitate with a team with young pitching, or throw in porcello as well.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast