Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Boesch, Peralta and a top-5 prospect could all be part of Dombrowski's next trade. Either Villarreal or Marte could also be included.

vCash
    I really can't help but get the feeling that Dombrowski has something big brewing. I have no idea as to what exactly but I think it might be a very interesting winter meetings for the Tigers
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    Upton got 5 years/70-75 million. Hunter at 2/26 >> that deal.

And we don't have to give up a pick
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rellime View Post
    I really can't help but get the feeling that Dombrowski has something big brewing. I have no idea as to what exactly but I think it might be a very interesting winter meetings for the Tigers
    I think he has something big brewing as well.

Sign Stephen Drew to be our shortstop

Trade Peralta to the Red Sox or D-Backs for prospects
    Trade Boesch to the Mets for prospects

TRADE AWAY the prospects acquired from those two trades ALONG WITH
    Porcello, Castellanos, Avisail Garcia, and Bryan Villarreal, maybe throw in a Below and or Oliver for good measure

and get Giancarlo Stanton and Ricky Nolasco from the Marlins.

CF Jackson
    SS Drew
    3B Cabrera
    1B Fielder
    RF Stanton
    DH Victor Martinez
    LF Torii Hunter
    C Alex Avila
    2B Infante

JV, Scherzer, Fister, Nolasco, Smyly

let Sanchez walk and be somebody else's contract headache.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dddtfan View Post

Porcello, Castellanos, Avisail Garcia, and Bryan Villarreal, maybe throw in a Below and or Oliver for good measure

CF Jackson
    SS Drew
    3B Cabrera
    1B Fielder
    RF Stanton
    DH Victor Martinez
    LF Torii Hunter
    C Alex Avila
    2B Infante

I do not think it would take that much to get those two. You would probably not need Garcia in that trade and probably not another bullpen arm. Plus even after I would not mind still signing Sanchez and having Smyly being a relief pitcher. But that lineup would be sick except I would swap Infante and Drew. Infante hits for better average and would get on more. If Drew gets on out of the ninth spot you have a good chance of Jackson and Infante getting on over Infante getting on and Jackson getting on but with Drews low average he might get an out. With the bases loaded and that speed with Caby up the other manager can only pray.

vCash
    Wouldn't it be something if Dave was looking to make 1 final splash before becoming the new commish?

I mean obviously it's just speculation that he'll succeed Selig, but I'd want to go out in a blaze of glory if I was him.

vCash

Marlins would never make that trade for Stanton.
    Tigers are not trading Castellanos this winter anyways.

vCash

CF Jackson
    SS Drew
    3B Cabrera
    1B Fielder
    RF Stanton
    DH Victor Martinez
    LF Torii Hunter
    C Alex Avila
    2B Infante

id poop my pants if that happened. no but really, i would hate to pitch against us.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    With the first big piece falling (Upton signing), the rest of the dominoes will start to fall. I would be shocked if DD didnt pull something off at the Winter Meetings, and he has the prospects to deal. Especially if he were to send JP away for prospects (like dddtfan said), send those guys with whoever else, and there is a mega-deal waiting to happen. It could be an obvious deal for Justin Upton, a less likely one for Stanton (although with the Marlins fire-sale, and DDs history with the Marlins prying elite hitters from them, specifically Miggy, it wouldnt be all that shocking), or even a deal out of absolutely nowhere.

HOWEVER, my bet is that Illitch goes to DD and says, "ya know that Hamilton guy? Offer him 4 years $100+ million. Do whatever it takes to get him."

Imagine that...

1) Jackson
    2) Hunter
    3) Cabrera
    4) Hamilton
    5) Prince
    6) V-Mart
    7) Avila
    8) Peralta/Drew
    9) Infante

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    With the first big piece falling (Upton signing), the rest of the dominoes will start to fall. I would be shocked if DD didnt pull something off at the Winter Meetings, and he has the prospects to deal. Especially if he were to send JP away for prospects (like dddtfan said), send those guys with whoever else, and there is a mega-deal waiting to happen. It could be an obvious deal for Justin Upton, a less likely one for Stanton (although with the Marlins fire-sale, and DDs history with the Marlins prying elite hitters from them, specifically Miggy, it wouldnt be all that shocking), or even a deal out of absolutely nowhere.

HOWEVER, my bet is that Illitch goes to DD and says, "ya know that Hamilton guy? Offer him 4 years $100+ million. Do whatever it takes to get him."

Imagine that...

1) Jackson
    2) Hunter
    3) Cabrera
    4) Hamilton
    5) Prince
    6) V-Mart
    7) Avila
    8) Peralta/Drew
    9) Infante
    Man that would be awesome!

vCash
    I'll play along. Get me something for my birthday Dave! You have less than 2 weeks

vCash
    News on MLB Trade Rumors is that DD is waving Porcello's name around and the Pirates are trying to sell Hanrahan. Seems like an easy trade there somehow. I wouldn't mind seeing Hanrahan in our pen at all. I really like the guy.

vCash
    While the lineup suggested is formidable/awesome...history suggests that three new free agents added to a roster will not bring postseason success.

I too think that something big is brewing as it is just too quiet right now. That said DD is always so close to the vest you never hear about things being worked out until the deal is already signed/sealed/delivered.

We have addressed the corner outfield NEED...Hunter was signed and both the Tigers and Hunter wanted the deal done. Dirks is not sexy but he batted .328 on the season and Garcia will be there in September to platoon with Dirks. I don't think we are making another major signing for an OF. We NEED a SS, we need bullpen help. While Drew is an upgrade at SS he is not much more of a hitter than Peralta and his range is slightly better...this is not a major improvement. I think the big deal would be for a difference making SS...a guy like Starlin Castro, Elvis Andrus, Jurickson Profar, or Adeiny Hechavarria. I am not sure how a deal for one of them gets done but that is what we NEED. I also could see Hanrahan getting done as well.

Either way Dekker needs a reason to hoist a glass early this morning...get r done, Dave!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    News on MLB Trade Rumors is that DD is waving Porcello's name around and the Pirates are trying to sell Hanrahan. Seems like an easy trade there somehow. I wouldn't mind seeing Hanrahan in our pen at all. I really like the guy.
    I saw that too and wondered if we were a match for Hanrahan. I would rather make a trade for a cheaper closer (Hanrahan, maybe even Perez) than sign one to an inflated contract (Soriano). Those big contracts for closers rarely work out anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    While the lineup suggested is formidable/awesome...history suggests that three new free agents added to a roster will not bring postseason success.

I too think that something big is brewing as it is just too quiet right now. That said DD is always so close to the vest you never hear about things being worked out until the deal is already signed/sealed/delivered.

We have addressed the corner outfield NEED...Hunter was signed and both the Tigers and Hunter wanted the deal done. Dirks is not sexy but he batted .328 on the season and Garcia will be there in September to platoon with Dirks. I don't think we are making another major signing for an OF. We NEED a SS, we need bullpen help. While Drew is an upgrade at SS he is not much more of a hitter than Peralta and his range is slightly better...this is not a major improvement. I think the big deal would be for a difference making SS...a guy like Starlin Castro, Elvis Andrus, Jurickson Profar, or Adeiny Hechavarria. I am not sure how a deal for one of them gets done but that is what we NEED. I also could see Hanrahan getting done as well.

Either way Dekker needs a reason to hoist a glass early this morning...get r done, Dave!!!
    I don't see SS as a need THIS year. Peralta is not great, but there are not alot of great SS out there. However, you are right in the fact that we will be needing a SS next year. I obviously would take any of those guys you mentinoed, but I don't think any would be available unless they got a HUGE return. Texas has balked at trading either of their SS prospects and instead looked to trade for another one just to flip that one for the player they wanted (Upton I believe). Hechavarria just got traded to the Marlins to be a building block down there so I can't see them giving him up easily.

The only SS upgrade I see this year would be if we did nab Drew and then traded Peralta. Otherwise, I think SS will be on top of the list next year.

The only true need we have this year is closer and back up catcher. I really think we will settle with Dirks/Garcia platoon in left and if we don't sign Sanchez, I think we would just use Porcello and Smyly as 4/5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsforlife View Post
    The only SS upgrade I see this year would be if we did nab Drew and then traded Peralta. Otherwise, I think SS will be on top of the list next year.

The only true need we have this year is closer and back up catcher. I really think we will settle with Dirks/Garcia platoon in left and if we don't sign Sanchez, I think we would just use Porcello and Smyly as 4/5.
    This does not seem likely. The tigers are not just going to sit put with what they have. That is completely against what they have done recently. If DD does not make a huge splash over the next couple weeks I would be shocked. At this point the tigers have the prospects to grab almost anyone away from any team besides the young untouchable players like Trout or something like that. I could even see him trading prospects away to grab an ace pitcher to make the pitching incredibly scary. I believe something completely out of nowhere will happen in the next couple weeks.

Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast