Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cjags77 View Post
    What do you guys think of going out and getting Chone Figgins. He is a solid fielder, would add some much needed speed, can play a lot of positions, and a change of scenery would do him wonder. Since he just got DFA we could get him really cheap. Thoughts...
    34 year old that hasn't done anything in years. Pass.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Agreed!!! ^

Going to be 35, and probably can't run near as well as before. His defense wouldn't be an upgrade and huge waste of money.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind at least giving him a spring invite, he's not the first hitter to go to Seattle and struggle with no help or protection in the line-up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I wouldn't mind at least giving him a spring invite, he's not the first hitter to go to Seattle and struggle with no help or protection in the line-up.
    Most of those players were also power hitters. A player like Figgins should have thrived at Safeco. With his speed he should have been able to make a good 1-2 combo with Ichiro. But eh, if he's willing to take a 1 year super cheap contract to be a back-up then by all means, couldn't hurt. I don't see him doing that though.

vCash
    Idunno, if Figgins had an invite I wouldn't mind, but I doubt he'd do anything mind blowing to make the team. At this point I definitely wouldn't want him to take up a spot on the 40 man.

vCash
    Figgins probably won't get a contract negotiation from anyone, until the Rule-5 Draft is over.

vCash
    Sounds like TB is his landing spot. Works for me.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    What are we going to do about our pitching staff? I dont think were going to resign Sanchez. Unless he lowers his asking price quite a bit. I dont feel good about Porcello in our rotation. Id rather have Smyly. I think we need a veteran innings eater to replace Sanchez.

Ryan Dempster should come cheaper and for fewer years than Sanchez. Hes an innings eater. He averages abou 170 innings a year. Hes coming off one of his best seasons and could be a cheaper alternative than Sanchez.

Dan Haren has had some injury issues, but hes been a consistent starter over the years. Dombrowski tried trading for him a few years back and I wouldnt mind seeing him in a Tigers uniform.

As interested as I am about whats going on offensively right now, Im still a little worried about our pitching staff. Losing Sanchez could be a big blow to this staff and I think we need to find a replacement thats more than a nobody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    What are we going to do about our pitching staff? I dont think were going to resign Sanchez. Unless he lowers his asking price quite a bit. I dont feel good about Porcello in our rotation. Id rather have Smyly. I think we need a veteran innings eater to replace Sanchez.

Ryan Dempster should come cheaper and for fewer years than Sanchez. Hes an innings eater. He averages abou 170 innings a year. Hes coming off one of his best seasons and could be a cheaper alternative than Sanchez.

Dan Haren has had some injury issues, but hes been a consistent starter over the years. Dombrowski tried trading for him a few years back and I wouldnt mind seeing him in a Tigers uniform.

As interested as I am about whats going on offensively right now, Im still a little worried about our pitching staff. Losing Sanchez could be a big blow to this staff and I think we need to find a replacement thats more than a nobody.
    I wouldn't have a problem with Smyly and Porcello being the 4th and 5th guys, if things don't work out we could always make a deal at the deadline or even sooner.

Dempster is a NL guy, I don't think DD would even consider him.

Haren is too risky and expensive in my opinion.

vCash
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/m...ith-hip-injury

Turns out he was hiding a bigger injury. I thought it was just the back but I guess not, guess the hip is a problem too. With that, is it worth the risk to give him a 2year/$18-20MM with team option for 3rd year? I like the idea, he's still only missed 3 stars in 9 season. IF(big if) needed, take time to get him 110% and worse case misses the first month. Which I wouldn't see being the case unless he needs surgery. IMO, I think it would be easy to do by the start of the season.

Obviously this would be after a physical.

vCash
    Tigers signed RHP Trevor Bell to a minor league contract.
    Bell owns a career 5.21 ERA in the majors and put up an ugly 8.27 mark and 19/24 K/BB ratio over 10 starts for Triple-A Salt Lake with the Angels in 2012. He's around for minor league depth.
    Tigers signed RHP Carlos Monasterios to a minor league contract.
    Monasterios has appeared in just one game over the last two years due to elbow woes. He'll represent organizational depth.
    Tigers signed RHP Jess Todd to a minor league contract.
    Todd posted an underwhelming 4.34 ERA and 1.52 WHIP in 66 1/3 innings this year at Triple-A Memphis with the Cardinals. He'll start 2013 back at Triple-A.
    rotoworld

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    I don't know how many more major moves need to be made by the team. If you look this is the team that took us to the WS. minus Delmon and Sanchez but you add Hunter and Vmart. I am comfortable with Porcello and Smyly in the 4 and 5 spot. I understand all the underwhelming numbers put up by Porcello but he is only 24 and this is when pitchers reach their prime. So ride him out and if needed there is the deadline to make a move for a SP. Personally I would like to see an upgrade at SS or at least a defensive replacement late in games. A right handed power hitting back cather.

If our 25 man looks like

SP
    Verlander
    Fister
    Scherzer
    Porcello
    Smyly

Starters
    Ajax
    Hunter
    Cabrera
    Fielder
    Vmart
    Peralta
    Dirks
    Avila
    Infante

Bullpen
    Dotel
    Coke
    Below
    Vilerareal
    Alburquerque
    Rondon

Bench
    Berry
    Boesch
    Santiago
    ... to be named later a power hitting RH OF
    ... to be named later backup catcher who is a threat at plate

vCash
    I'm not sure both Berry or Boesch or even Santiago will be on the team. I would like to see Berry Boesch in spring comp for one spot along with someone competing for Santiago's spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mschaf13 View Post
    ... to be named later backup catcher who is a threat at plate
    Backup catchers are usually backup catcher because they aren't a threat at the plate. Unless they look at Napoli it's likely to be a weak hitting defensive catcher.

vCash
    I understand that but I got so sick of watching close games come down to pitching match ups and our bench players were the likes of don Kelly ryan raburn ramon Santiago and so on there was no one on our bench that was feared

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast