Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by We_need_players View Post
    Aaaaannnnnddd.....

Out.

I'd give take that money and give it to Verlander.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by We_need_players View Post
    Yup, he's not coming back.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Maybe we should inquire on R.A. Dickey. His stuff would blend well with our other starters. The A.L. teams haven't seen his hard knuckleball yet. Only bringing him up because Sanchez is a gonner at his asking price.

vCash
    This is from Rotoworld:

Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Tigers have offered Jeremy Bonderman a contract.
    Bonderman hasn't pitched in the majors since 2010, but he's recovered from Tommy John surgery and is intent on pursuing a comeback. Still just 30 years old, the right-hander spent all eight years of his career with the Tigers. They likely are offering him a non-guaranteed minor league deal.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I would rather sign Shaun Marcum then Sanchez anyways. Marcums Career numbers surprised me a little bit. Who's dumb enough to sign Sanchez to 90-100mil contract?! Nobody will give him that much because he is not even an elite pitcher and I don't think he is in the top 20 SP in the game. Verlander's contract in 2010 was 80mil. Enough said.

vCash
    According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, Anibal Sanchez asked one team for a seven-year, $100 million deal.
    Evidently the price changes based on the suitor, as Heyman says the righty told another team six years and $90 million, which is the same figure FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reported Thursday. Either way, Sanchez simply isn't going to get that much money, despite being arguably the second-best free agent pitcher. The Tigers, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Rangers and Dodgers are interested in the right-hander's services.
    Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter
    rotoworld

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    I would rather sign Shaun Marcum then Sanchez anyways. Marcums Career numbers surprised me a little bit. Who's dumb enough to sign Sanchez to 90-100mil contract?! Nobody will give him that much because he is not even an elite pitcher and I don't think he is in the top 20 SP in the game. Verlander's contract in 2010 was 80mil. Enough said.
    I bet you didn't know that Sanchez has better numbers over the past 3 years then Grienke.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    rotoworld
    holy crap. If he doesn't want to play somewhere he should just them to move along.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Hey if someone is dumb enough to give him that why not ask for it lol?

According to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, the Tigers plan to stay in-house to fill their void at closer.
    Flamethrowing right-hander Bruce Rondon could get the first crack at the job. Rondon has yet to make his major league debut, but he's coming off a terrific year in the minors, having put up a 1.53 ERA while striking out 66 over 53 frames. The Tigers also have Joaquin Benoit, Octavio Dotel and Phil Coke returning.
    via roto.

Pretty much what we expected.

Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

vCash
    With the success around the league of rookie closers, I would have few reservations about giving Rondon the job, assuming he doesn't explode(in a bad way) come spring training.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Bonderman for closer!

vCash
    So if we move Smyly in a deal for Upton, and Sanchez signs elsewhere, who do we go after to fill out the rotation? Jeremy Guthrie? Edwin Jackson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    With the success around the league of rookie closers, I would have few reservations about giving Rondon the job, assuming he doesn't explode(in a bad way) come spring training.
    I don't know if I'm buying this report that they're okay with a rookie as their closer. I still think they bring a veteran in like a Ryan Madson on a 1 year deal.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    I'm not buying the rookie closer either, and honestly, there is nobody in our current bullpen I trust to get the job done. I really like Al's stuff, his out pitch is insanely nasty, but can he get the job done everyday? There is no way Benoit is the man for the job, i get nervous when he comes out in the 8th. As for Coke, he did really well during the playoffs but i like him as a middle of the bullpen guy, the lefty for the specialty situations. Lastly, Dotel, although I think he's a capable reliever, he was a closer and has proven that the 9th inning isn't his best spot.
    Sanchez might not be going, I don't see any team throwing that huge contract at him, not even the Dodgers. He's a good pitcher, but not $100 million good. When his price comes down, the Tigers will get first crack, i believe he really enjoyed his time here and will be willing to stay for a discount of what everyone else is paying. Not to mention, who doesn't want a chance to play with a winner.
    I would really like to see DD keep everyone in their pitching staff right now. Porcello would probably excel in a long reliever role. He's good for 3 or 4 solid innings for sure and would be a really good guy to have when you need that pitcher to come in. I think they should be grooming Smyly to start.

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast