Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Not happening.
    What if we give you Porcello

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencesc11 View Post
    WHAT ABOUT DEALING WITH THE CUBS. We trade Castellonas, Oliver, Smyly, Boesch, Peralta, and Eugenio Suarez to the Cubs for Castro and Garza.
    Is Garza even going to be able to pitch next season?

vCash
    Prince Fielder is not getting traded and if he did it would be a disaster. 1. Illitch loves him and has wanted him since he joined the league. 2. That would look really bad to big time free agents. When they agree to sign long deals, they normally want to stay where they are at. Players looking at DET wouldnt want that uncertainty. 3rd. Miguel and Prince are boys. Cabrera wanted to move to 3b so prince could join the team. If you move fielder, cabby wouldnt be a happy camper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cjags77 View Post
    Prince Fielder is not getting traded and if he did it would be a disaster. 1. Illitch loves him and has wanted him since he joined the league. 2. That would look really bad to big time free agents. When they agree to sign long deals, they normally want to stay where they are at. Players looking at DET wouldnt want that uncertainty. 3rd. Miguel and Prince are boys. Cabrera wanted to move to 3b so prince could join the team. If you move fielder, cabby wouldnt be a happy camper
    If we don't move Fielder, "Cabby" will be playing for another team...long term we don't have room for both. They can still be "boys" and play on different teams.

Once again DD & MI wanted Fielder on a 1-year deal, didn't happen. Fielder only has a "limited" no trade clause...he can be traded to 10 teams

vCash
    Fielder is a great hitter and a nice piece to have behind Cabby, but I think if we're being honest with ourselves he really doesn't fit on this team. I'm not talking clubhouse wise (he's a great clubhouse guy), but when you look at the other pieces we have, he doesn't fit. I'm not opposed to keeping him on the team if we have to, the dude can mash and he's a good guy. But if we could trade him for a combination of a shortstop, corner outfielder, or third baseman I think it makes us a better team. It'll be hard to construct a trade that really makes sense for us though I think. How bout we trade Fielder, Castellanos, and Berry/Porcello to the Marlins for Reyes and Stanton. Then we sign Polanco to play third. We suddenly become much stronger defensively and add speed to our lineup.

2013 Lineup

Jackson
    Reyes
    Cabrera
    Stanton
    Martinez
    Dirks
    Polanco
    Avila
    Infante

vCash
    Polanco sucks. Where's JP?

Also, Marlins would be stupid to do that trade but hey, they are the Marlins so anything possible.

vCash
    I just don't get how the "trading Prince" talk can even be going on. lol

Here's a good article about the current 40 man roster. I really haven't thought about the 40 man roster at all, but this did open my eyes to the fact we really don't have any open spots right now.

http://motorcitybengals.com/2012/11/...-construction/
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    From Rotoworld:

Tigers hitting coach Lloyd McClendon is optimistic that Victor Martinez (knee) will quickly return to form.
    V-Mart missed the entire 2012 season due to dual knee surgeries, so there are obvious concerns about rust. But McClendon is thinking good thoughts for the 33-year-old. "On a scale of 1 to 10, I feel he's an 8 or 9, that he's going to come back and be the kind of hitter he was last year," McClendon told the Detroit News. "When you talk about guys coming back, one of the things I do is measure their will, as well as their skills. And I know there is no one who will out-work him as he gets ready for 2013."
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    The last sentence alone makes this article worth reading.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2012/11/...-season-review
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I don't get it! This team went to the World Series yet we have yahoos retooling half the roster!!! Give me Melky Cabrera on the cheap and resign Sanchez and we are back. Everyone thinks the team is broke cuz it lost in the WS...really?! It needs a tweak or two, not a revamping.

vCash
    All I'm saying is I'm expecting a trade of some sort for a very good pitcher if Sanchez ends up walking or a trade for a corner outfield bat unless we can get someone in FA on a good deal.

vCash
    I hope Torii Hunter is plan A. I honestly think that might be the only "major" move we need to make, other than hopefully resigning Sanchez.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Damn it. Joel Peralta resigned with the Rays. I have wanted him for 2 off season now.

What is everyone's thoughts on possibly signing Kyle Farnsworth to be the CL until one of our other options can take the job?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Damn it. Joel Peralta resigned with the Rays. I have wanted him for 2 off season now.

What is everyone's thoughts on possibly signing Kyle Farnsworth to be the CL until one of our other options can take the job?
    Pass. I would rather have Mike Adams as a short term closer. Farnsworth has already been in a Tigers uniform twice in his career.

vCash
    i agree. i know farnsworth brings heat and has improved, but from a fan stand point, id like to see somebody new on the bump in the 9th.

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast