Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    The Rangers might make a trade centered on Andrus for Prince. They're likely losing Hamilton's bat and were interested in Fielder last year. I think that would really improve the club but I don't see it happening.
    Theres no way imo, even if DD/Illitch wanted to deal him (which im sure they dont). If Texas was interested in Fielder last year, they obviously werent anywhere close to offering what we did...or Prince wouldve went there instead. Now theyd have to take on our crazy contract AND give up Andrus in the process? That wouldnt make any sense for them. Like i said, right now Prince's stock is below what it was last offseason. Why would they spend alot more on him now and give up a good SS? Just because they might lose Hamilton doesnt mean theyd do something foolish...they have very good trade pieces to land good players to take his place.

vCash
    Oh I'm sure the Tigers would have to eat some of that $$. It would be more about getting something they need for the money, a younger player (24) that is a positive defender at a position they are deficient in (he's even Venezuelan). Texas has a SS in-waiting in Profar but have been underwhelmed with Moreland at 1B.

I don't see how PF's stock is lower, he had a good year and has shown he can hit in the AL and isn't just a HR-or-bust guy.

Again, don't think it will happen but it would make the Tigers better and could make sense for Texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by We_need_players View Post
    What are your thoughts on Bj Upton for RF? I always liked the guys tools but he doesn't seem great for the locker room
    Not a great hitter but would provide some speed on the bases. Not familiar with his defense but I do know he can be lazy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I'm really thinking Torii Hunter would be a great addition.
    What kind of contract do you think it would take to land him?
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    What kind of contract do you think it would take to land him?
    I've read that he wants to play for three more years(not sure why), so I would imagine a two year deal, maybe 8m ish a year, with some sort of option third year might be enough to get it done.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I've read that he wants to play for three more years(not sure why), so I would imagine a two year deal, maybe 8m ish a year, with some sort of option third year might be enough to get it done.
    Made 18 million last year and is coming off a good year. He'll probably get a multi-year deal but I don't think 8 million will be enough.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    DD had an interview today with Jim Bowden and Dave said number 1 priority this offseason is corner outfielders. I would love to have Torii Hunter or Melky.

vCash
    And I would pass on Upton. He is a lazy player like his brother.

vCash
    I was thinking today about corner outfielders that we could go after and had a crazy thought about trying to snag Carlos Gonzalez from the Rockies. This is one guy that I would be willing to give up Castellanos for. How about Castellanos, Garcia and Smyly for him? Throw in Berry too if it makes it happen. The Rockies won't be good for years and this deal would give them some young building blocks. Gonzalez is only 27 and is under contract through 2017.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattpaw24 View Post
    I was thinking today about corner outfielders that we could go after and had a crazy thought about trying to snag Carlos Gonzalez from the Rockies. This is one guy that I would be willing to give up Castellanos for. How about Castellanos, Garcia and Smyly for him? Throw in Berry too if it makes it happen. The Rockies won't be good for years and this deal would give them some young building blocks. Gonzalez is only 27 and is under contract through 2017.
    I would do that deal, but Porcello might make more sense than Smyly for both teams.

vCash
    Article regarding the Tigers and adding payroll.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/detroit-...up-mike-ilitch
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattpaw24 View Post

I'm not a fan of CarGo at all. Fowler is the OF I would want from the Rockies.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I would do that deal, but Porcello might make more sense than Smyly for both teams.
    Unless Porcello goes somewhere else in a different deal. Either way, he needs to be traded this offseason. He's just the odd man out

vCash
    this is how I look at it. I'd love to have BJ Upton or Torii Hunter as our RF. I prefer Upton slightly, just because he adds more power, speed, a slightly better arm, and extra-base ability. I believe Upton would probably cost aroung 4 years, 44 mil, we could probably make it 3 with a club option for the 4th, Torii would probably go for 2 years, 16 mil

I'd stay away from Melky Cabrera, not only is it a headache with his steroid saga, but if you look at the previous 5 years before using steroids, he was below average. He'd probably cost 6-8 mil a year, but for a below average player that's not really a significant fielding improvement that's an expensive rate. His previous 5 OBPs prior to his steroid suspension were .327, .301, .336, .317, and .339. That's not a good OBP rate for a position we want to slide into our #2 hole.

I'd prioritize getting Upton/Hunter, and re-signing Sanchez. If we fail to sign Sanchez, I'd be open to maybe making a deal for Dan Haren. Yes it's an expensive club option (15.5 mil), but he buys us time until next offseason to find a better potential SP to round out the rotation, he still has plenty in the tank, and we can get him cheap as LAA is just trying to dump salary.

I also want to re-sign Laird, he was a valuable commodity as our back-up catcher, providing good defense, a sturdy bat, and stable presence when Avila needed a break or was hurt.

I wouldn't necessarily prioritize making a play for Hamilton, I mean if we signed him, I wouldn't be upset because he's a huge bat and would provide us with by far the best 1-5 order in MLB, but he's a high risk high reward guy and we'd basically have to babysit him with his addiction problems. Even with the signing of Peralta, I'd try to make a play for Andrus, just make an offer or two, centered around Castellanos, Porcello, Boesch, and maybe if you're confident enough in Garcia, Dirks. If you somehow pulled that off you could try to swing a quick trade of Peralta for a minor leaguer just to take him back off our books.

As far as the bullpen, I don't see us adding a significant arm, but I could and would like to see us maybe go after Adams, he's a solid bullpen guy, and we should most definitely bring up Rondon in the coming season.

vCash
    There has been some talk of the Tigers and Pirates potentially matching up for a Hanrahan trade. I seen it suggested that Porcello or Smyly would be a reasonable price for him.

I also seen a few suggest that Boesch to the Pirates with one of Tabata or Presley coming to the Tigers could make sense for each team's bench. Both make some sense to me but I wanted a Tigers fan view.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Boesch can get the **** out of Detroit.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast