Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I imagine we take calls on both, but I'd bet neither gets traded.

Porcello will be the number 5, Smyly will start in Toledo.
    Nada!
    Smyly starts
    Porcello relieves.

I still expect Porcello to start almost 15 games. Tigers rotation will encounter nagging injuries again. Fister, Smyly and Scherzer will need time-off. Even Verlander is way-overdue for a sore arm and miss a couple starts.

Porcello can even close 10 games in 2013. He looked great finishing two games in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    They probably get a solid/decent player. For some reason a lot of hype is still around Porcello, mainly because he's only 24 I think, but I don't think he's anything more than a #5.
    He averages 12 wins a season. Basement is 10 wins, ceiling so far is 14...from the #5 spot. The return should be solid for a guy who turns 24 on 12/27/12 and has 48 wins in 4 years on his resume. Personally, I am not trading him for bullpen help or a platoon OF. I want an everyday player for Porcello. Porcello's average for wins is better than Fister or Sanchez...that said, I would rather have Fister and Sancez, as would everyone else, but Ricky P. is no slouch.

Conservatively, 2013 win projections: Verlander 18, Fister 11, Scherzer 14, Sanchez 11, Porcello 12, Smyly 8....equals 74 wins. We will need 21 more from the bullpen unless someone in the list overshoots the numbers listed as 95 wins should take the division title.

Ultimately my point is that regardless of Porcello or Smyly as the man traded, based on the current market for pitching (J Blanton 2yrs $15.5M, Peavy 2yrs $29M, a 40yr old Pettitte 1yr $12M, a 38yr old Dickey 2yrs $25M, Haren 1yr $13M) we need to receive a solid return IF we trade either of these guys. I would not be so fast to ship either off. To me, Scherzer is no lock for that 14 wins because of health concerns. Fister is not a lock to start 32-33 games this year either.

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    It's true, but I think that *IF* there is a difference, it's that we didn't throw a bunch of free agents/new players into a pit and try to make a team out of it. It's a rotation we've been building for years. Drafting Verlander, then trading for Scherzer, then Fister, and then trade/extend Sanchez. That happened over the course of YEARS. Not a single offseason.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    ^^^
    bingo

vCash
    nbc comments thread is a very hostile place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    nbc comments thread is a very hostile place
    Very hostile...almost as hostile as Jack when he has to change his diaper.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Hey easy on the old man !!
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    He averages 12 wins a season. Basement is 10 wins, ceiling so far is 14...from the #5 spot. The return should be solid for a guy who turns 24 on 12/27/12 and has 48 wins in 4 years on his resume. Personally, I am not trading him for bullpen help or a platoon OF. I want an everyday player for Porcello. Porcello's average for wins is better than Fister or Sanchez...that said, I would rather have Fister and Sancez, as would everyone else, but Ricky P. is no slouch.

Conservatively, 2013 win projections: Verlander 18, Fister 11, Scherzer 14, Sanchez 11, Porcello 12, Smyly 8....equals 74 wins. We will need 21 more from the bullpen unless someone in the list overshoots the numbers listed as 95 wins should take the division title.

Ultimately my point is that regardless of Porcello or Smyly as the man traded, based on the current market for pitching (J Blanton 2yrs $15.5M, Peavy 2yrs $29M, a 40yr old Pettitte 1yr $12M, a 38yr old Dickey 2yrs $25M, Haren 1yr $13M) we need to receive a solid return IF we trade either of these guys. I would not be so fast to ship either off. To me, Scherzer is no lock for that 14 wins because of health concerns. Fister is not a lock to start 32-33 games this year either.

He's had a couple injuries but still think he'll have no problem getting 30-33 starts. I don't disagree that Porcello is a good #5, even though personally not a fan as you know. I'd like to see a trade but if not, I'll still sleep at night. Only question I have is why you only give Fister 11 wins??? In 38 starts as a Tiger he's 18-11. I would give him 14 wins minimum, and if Detroits bats don't take 3/4 of the year to come together again, then I'd go as far as saying 18 wins is possible. He's got the stuff to keep them in games and with some offense, could be a nice year for him.

This is a big if but, IF everything goes right (rarely happens) where the offense is there majority of the year and pitchers stay healthy, I could picture...Verlander 20, Scherzer 15, Fister 17 Sanchez 14, Smyly 10.

vCash
    Everyone should know that Smyly will win at least 30 starts.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    We released Adam Wilk and he signed with a Korean team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    He's had a couple injuries but still think he'll have no problem getting 30-33 starts. I don't disagree that Porcello is a good #5, even though personally not a fan as you know. I'd like to see a trade but if not, I'll still sleep at night. Only question I have is why you only give Fister 11 wins??? In 38 starts as a Tiger he's 18-11. I would give him 14 wins minimum, and if Detroits bats don't take 3/4 of the year to come together again, then I'd go as far as saying 18 wins is possible. He's got the stuff to keep them in games and with some offense, could be a nice year for him.

This is a big if but, IF everything goes right (rarely happens) where the offense is there majority of the year and pitchers stay healthy, I could picture...Verlander 20, Scherzer 15, Fister 17 Sanchez 14, Smyly 10.
    kokes, reread my post...I said CONSERVATIVELY...I averaged all of the guys annual wins. I don't disagree that Fister will have more but his average is 11. First off, Fister is my favorite Tigers pitcher, I LOVE that guy. Second, Fister's biggest problem has always been health throughout the season; I am not certain that he can obtain 38 starts. I hope he can.

I hope that they all are higher than the averages I listed. I think that your line is a possibility. The main reason I listed the numbers were to show that Porcello has quite a bit of value despite what many Tiger fans, you included, think he has. I know you don't hate Porcello, you just wish he would blossom into what the Tigers thought they had when they originally drafted him. I am picking on you a little bit b/c I know you can take it and won't get pissy with me...but this BS about Porcello for a RP and a platoon OF is bogus. In the current pitcher's market 12 win average out of a just-turned-24 yr old who is cost controlled is worth MUCH more than that.

And like I said before, I am putting those thoughts in the response to your post b/c I know you won't get pissed at me and take offense to those comments as they are not direct AT you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    We released Adam Wilk and he signed with a Korean team.
    Poor Korean team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Very hostile...almost as hostile as Jack when he has to change his diaper.
    yeah his nurses complain about that quite frequently when I visit my great grandmother. She's only 99 if you want me to put in a good word for ya Jack

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast