Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Backup catchers are usually backup catcher because they aren't a threat at the plate. Unless they look at Napoli it's likely to be a weak hitting defensive catcher.
    That's why I was advocating Ronnie Paulino a few pages back, hits lefties well and isn't a liability defensively.

vCash
    I was reading about Ronnie Paulino but that's all I know about him is what I have read. If he don't come with to large of a price tag I wouldn't mind spending a little more for a solid back up then over paying for a name and having no bench. so if we could get him for a year or 2 at 1.5 per I wouldn't have a ****** about it

vCash
    He signed last year with Baltimore for $1m and at 31 years old I figure he's looking at the same type of deal.

vCash
    Apparently on the MLB Network, Peter Gammons was reporting that Boras was working with the Tigers to try and land Rafael Soriano a new closing job.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Apparently on the MLB Network, Peter Gammons was reporting that Boras was working with the Tigers to try and land Rafael Soriano a new closing job.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Don't fall for it Ilitch/DD! If you have money to spend, use it on Sanchez or go after another bat not a relief pitcher that will cost that much and a draft pick!

I hate how slow the baseball off season is. Hopefully it heats up in a few days.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-27-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    I wanted Madson but looks like that's not going to happen now. We seriously need to improve are bullpen or we are going to be in the same situation as we were last season with a up and down bullpen. I wouldn't mind bringing Brandon Lyon and Jason Grilli back.
    Last edited by BrosB4Hos; 11-27-2012 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mschaf13 View Post
    I understand that but I got so sick of watching close games come down to pitching match ups and our bench players were the likes of don Kelly ryan raburn ramon Santiago and so on there was no one on our bench that was feared
    That's because if they're on the bench, odds are there's not too much to be scared of. Unless of course you have a seasoned vet that can't play everyday or you're the Yankees and buy former all-stars to hit off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    That's because if they're on the bench, odds are there's not too much to be scared of. Unless of course you have a seasoned vet that can't play everyday or you're the Yankees and buy former all-stars to hit off the bench.
    I understand that but I'm not looking for a .300 hitter either I don't care if they are a .220 hitter who is a homerun or out type hitter I just want someone that can stand up on that step of the dugout and make the other manager think is it worth making the switch and facing that guy. I know not alot of prominent power bats are out there in positions of need but if we have a super utility man who play 5 or 6 positions and can handle it defensively a 4th outfielder a infield utility man and a backup catcher why not take a look at the aging Jim Thome to take that 25th position

vCash
    Will everyone stop complaining about the money. If Illitch wants someone he does not care about the money, he has plenty of that. He is willing to dish out huge money for unneeded players just to bolster his team. Even if we signed Sanchez to what he wants that is not to say Illitch doesn't tell DD to go out and get someone else. I would not be surprised if around January we get Sanchez back long term, and sign or trade for another huge contract. He really wants a WS and is willing to buy it with expensive players.

vCash
    It's not about what he can afford we know he has the money we know he wants his ring. But when it comes down to it the "super star studs" that you buy with these contracts only take you so far look at the last 3 or so teams to win it they have the home grown productive role players on the bench the "buying" of rings hasn't worked for years ask the Yankees yea they have won a couple here and there but even Don Kelly has ran into homerun on occasion. We need to get the right role players to fill our.bench

vCash
    Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that Brennan Boesch has garnered trade interest from multiple teams.
    Boesch's future with the Tigers was already in doubt after he batted just .240/.286/.372 with 12 homers and a .659 OPS this season and was left off the postseason roster, but the recent signing of Torii Hunter makes him expendable. Morosi talked to one source who believes that Boesch could be traded during the Winter Meetings. The 27-year-old is arbitration-eligible for the first time this offseason.
    rotoworld

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    Will everyone stop complaining about the money. If Illitch wants someone he does not care about the money, he has plenty of that. He is willing to dish out huge money for unneeded players just to bolster his team. Even if we signed Sanchez to what he wants that is not to say Illitch doesn't tell DD to go out and get someone else. I would not be surprised if around January we get Sanchez back long term, and sign or trade for another huge contract. He really wants a WS and is willing to buy it with expensive players.
    It's not just the money, soriano will cost us a pick.

vCash
    rotoworld
    Some sort of middle infield help would be great.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    rotoworld
    Kinda of figured that Boesch would be looked at to move and I also thought he'd garner more interest than most would think. He's still relatively young, has a strong LH stroke, so anyone with a short RF fence would have some interest. Hopefully we can get some needed INF prospects for him.

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast