Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tell me we can get this done and I want nothing more for Christmas!!!!! PLEASE, for the love of Pete, say I never have to see Peralta in the D again...

vCash
    Might be the best move DD ever executed...if it happens.

vCash
    You mean Stephen Drew? The guy who hit a combined .240 the last two years? What would be the point of that move besides getting an upgrade on defense at SS? I don't think the gain would be that significant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigers4Life View Post
    You mean Stephen Drew? The guy who hit a combined .240 the last two years? What would be the point of that move besides getting an upgrade on defense at SS? I don't think the gain would be that significant.
    Exactly, we need an upgrade defensively at SS, this would do that without hurting us offensively.

vCash
    Yeah acquiring Drew wouldn't be for his bat. His range next to Cabrera would be a huge asset.

Besides, if you look at his numbers, he's pretty similar to Peralta offensively anyway. His career OPS is actually higher than Jhonny's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Tell me we can get this done and I want nothing more for Christmas!!!!! PLEASE, for the love of Pete, say I never have to see Peralta in the D again...
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Might be the best move DD ever executed...if it happens.
    What's wrong with Peralta? Very steady shortstop and a lot of you guys are too hard on him.

Best move? Ha!! Who won the MVP this year? You're acting like Stephen Drew is some sort of stud when in fact, he's probably worse than Peralta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    What's wrong with Peralta? Very steady shortstop and a lot of you guys are too hard on him.

Best move? Ha!! Who won the MVP this year? You're acting like Stephen Drew is some sort of stud when in fact, he's probably worse than Peralta.
    I wish I understood the advanced defensive metrics. I look them up on baseball-reference and can never really get a grasp on them. I could swear some of the numbers made Peralta look better than Drew, which completely contradicts my previous post, but like I said, I don't understand these stats

vCash
    I'm not really sure who's better defensively but I don't see why JP gets so much flak. Would I love a short stop with more range? Hell yes but Peralta has been rock solid for us ever since we got him (for peanuts might I add).

He had a down year with the stick but I expect him to improve next year.

I'm sitting here wondering what they're plans are for the rest of the off season. Should be exciting. Thinking a trade is coming soon.

vCash
    It's not that Peralta doesn't have enough range, it's the fact he has no range at all, and when you already have a third baseman with no range, your SS has to have some.

Guysir, i'm with you on not understanding the defensive metrics, but anything that makes Johnny look average to above average at SS is just wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    It's not that Peralta doesn't have enough range, it's the fact he has no range at all, and when you already have a third baseman with no range, your SS has to have some.

Guysir, i'm with you on not understanding the defensive metrics, but anything that makes Johnny look average to above average at SS is just wrong.
    And where are we getting this slick fielding short stop from? They don't grow on trees and General Managers don't just give them away. It would cost quite a bit to get a shortstop like Andrus (who I always see being talked about around here).

From MLBTR:

Also from Beck, Dombrowski hinted that the Tigers were still looking for a right-handed hitting left fielder who could platoon with Andy Dirks.
    If they want a platoon, why not Garcia Interesting that they're not sold on Dirks. He was pretty good last season.

vCash
    I didn't say a slick-fielding SS, just one with some kind of range.

I'm pretty sure they want Garcia to play everyday, if he only sees action against lefties he might only bat 5 times a week.

vCash
    During Torii Hunter's introductory press conference on Friday, Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski hinted that they may still be looking for a right-handed hitting outfielder to platoon with Andy Dirks in left field.
    The Tigers aren't sure whether or not Dirks is an everyday player, and would like to find an option to platoon against left-handed hitting. While they have Avisail Garcia and Nick Castellanos waiting on the farm, they view both as future everyday players, not platoon options in 2013.

I as a die hard Giants fan will say there is no better team to play against in the world series than the Tigers. I have loved the Detroit organization from when I started to really watch baseball in 1999.

I like the moves that the Tigers organization has made with Hunter, but in response to the article above posted on Rotoworld I think you guys should Sign Gomes.

He mashes vs lefties and he would be a great option off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cali72888 View Post
    During Torii Hunter's introductory press conference on Friday, Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski hinted that they may still be looking for a right-handed hitting outfielder to platoon with Andy Dirks in left field.
    The Tigers aren't sure whether or not Dirks is an everyday player, and would like to find an option to platoon against left-handed hitting. While they have Avisail Garcia and Nick Castellanos waiting on the farm, they view both as future everyday players, not platoon options in 2013.

I as a die hard Giants fan will say there is no better team to play against in the world series than the Tigers. I have loved the Detroit organization from when I started to really watch baseball in 1999.

I like the moves that the Tigers organization has made with Hunter, but in response to the article above posted on Rotoworld I think you guys should Sign Gomes.

He mashes vs lefties and he would be a great option off the bench.
    I agree, there was a short discussion about Gomes in one of the threads a few days ago, not sure which one though. What I would really like to do is trade for Prado though, he could be our 2nd baseman against righties and LFer against lefties, Infante would play 2nd against lefties and spell others when neccessary. Just a thought, not really sure what it would take to get him.

vCash
    From MLBTR:

If they want a platoon, why not Garcia Interesting that they're not sold on Dirks. He was pretty good last season.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was Ichiro..... That defense would be nasty!

vCash
    Hey, rh bat to spell Dirks in left. Maybe Captain Smokes has that spot picked out for the return of his buddy RABURN. Probable feels bad for him since he missed out on the post season.

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast