Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hadn't even considered Dan Haren. Any ideas what kind of deal he's looking for?
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    We signed Torii for $26MM.

vCash
    More money then I expected, but I'm definitely thrilled with him in the fold. I was hoping for only a 1 year deal though.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    From Rotoworld:

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Tigers and Torii Hunter have agreed to a two-year contract, pending a physical.
    Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the deal is worth $26 million. Hunter said earlier this week that he planned to make a decision about his future quickly and he stayed true to his word, ultimately settling on the Tigers after meeting with the team in Detroit on Tuesday. The 37-year-old batted .313/.365/.451 with 16 home runs, 92 RBI, nine stolen bases and an .817 OPS this season and should be the everyday right fielder for the Tigers in 2013.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Time to get some pitching now.

vCash
    I wonder if we might be interested in a 1 year deal for Ichiro? Bat him 9th and have him play LF and Dirks can be our 4th OF. Our speed and defense would be mightily improved.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I wonder if we might be interested in a 1 year deal for Ichiro? Bat him 9th and have him play LF and Dirks can be our 4th OF. Our speed and defense would be mightily improved.
    Goddamn that would be a great idea. He hit great with the yankees...even though he had a down year last year.

vCash
    Is the CY awards today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Is the CY awards today?
    Yes, JV should win but we'll see. Really down to him and Price. Weaver has no shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I hadn't even considered Dan Haren. Any ideas what kind of deal he's looking for?
    I'd love Haren pitching in Comerica but there's no way. He's still the best #2 in the league to many. He had a bad year but next season he'll more than likely be back to his low 3 ERA, low walk totals and depending on the team he signs with 15+ wins. I see him signing in SD for 4 years, $10M/$15M/$15M/$10+incentives.

vCash
    When the Tigers finished talking with Torii Hunter, Mike Ilitch had a question.

"Where do we stand with [Anibal] Sanchez?" the Tigers owner asked his baseball decision-makers.

In other words, they still want him.

The Tigers committed $26 million of Ilitch's money to sign Hunter. They still have more available to spend, although they can't be sure it will be enough to keep Sanchez.

As CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reported last week, Sanchez has let some teams know that he's looking for $90 million over six years, and told at least one team that he wants $100 million over seven years.

It's unlikely the Tigers would go that high. Then again, with Ilitch as owner, the Tigers have learned to never say never.

Already, barely two weeks into a postseason that began with their Game 4 loss to the Giants, the Tigers have addressed their top priority. Hunter will take over in right field, and also in the second spot in the lineup.

If they spent no more money and made no more additions, the Tigers could open up with an outstanding lineup (Austin Jackson, Hunter, Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, Victor Martinez, Andy Dirks, Jhonny Peralta, Alex Avila, Omar Infante) and a solid rotation (Justin Verlander, Doug Fister, Max Scherzer, Rick Porcello, Drew Smyly).

The next step is to try to sign Sanchez. If they don't get him, multiple Tigers officials say, they won't go after any big-name, big-money free agent pitcher. Instead, the plan is to stick with Porcello and Smyly, while adding to their rotation depth behind that.

The Tigers may add to the bullpen, but in meetings this week they confirmed an earlier decision not to pursue a free-agent closer. Hard-throwing Bruce Rondon will be given first shot at the job.

The only other move the Tigers could make would be to trade Peralta and look for an upgrade at shortstop. However, general manager Dave Dombrowski insisted last week that shortstop is "not a priority."

The first priority was signing Hunter, and they got that done.

The next priority is signing Sanchez.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...o-keep-sanchez

vCash
    ^Love it.

All of it.

Torii hitting second, Rondon getting the first shot(first Tigers rookie reliever of the last couple years who's going to actually take the reigns and roll with it successfully), and Sanchez being the only other real priority. I wouldn't be shocked if Ilitch handed Sanchez that check, ala Prince last offseason.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Yup.

I love it when a plan comes together!

I also don't buy them not adding a pitcher if Sanchez doesn't resign. If Greinke is available still, I wouldn't be surprised to see us slide in there.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    From Rotoworld:

Tigers signed LHP Jose Alvarez to a minor league contract.
    Alvarez missed the entire 2012 season following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. The 23-year-old southpaw has a 3.62 ERA over seven seasons in the minors, averaging 7.1 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Mlbtraderumors is reporting we have interest in Cody Ross, what are your thoughts?
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/detroit_tigers/

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast