Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Non-tender for Boesch sounds good to me.

vCash
    I hope for...Delmon/Valverde out. Pick up JP's option. resign anibal if he can be had for the right price (I have a feeling an NL team will overpay for him), if not then sign a proven #2/3 starter. Let Boesch leave, and possibly upgrade the outfield if mngt. doesnt feel Avisail is ready. Promote a closer.

vCash
    Rockies may have Dexter Fowler available for trade in search of pitching. I'd gladly give up Porcello or Smyly for him. Put him in LF with Jackson in CF and Dirks/Garcia in RF would be such a defensive upgrade to what we have now. Folwer can also lead off or bat 2nd.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Rockies may have Dexter Fowler available for trade in search of pitching. I'd gladly give up Porcello or Smyly for him. Put him in LF with Jackson in CF and Dirks/Garcia in RF would be such a defensive upgrade to what we have now. Folwer can also lead off or bat 2nd.
    I wouldn't mind getting Herrera in that deal to platoon with Worth at SS.

I'm not sure Fowler would be as good here as he has been in Colorado, his home/road splits are drastic. That being said, he would still be a damn good leadoff man for us, move Jackson to the 2-hole and platoon Dirks and Garcia.

vCash
    Oakland, Calif. Not so fast.

Anibal Sanchez might not be a rented pitcher, after all. The Tigers are interested in keeping him.

Very interested, in fact.

To the extent that Dave Dombrowski, the team's president and general manager who normally says little about any player's future said without hesitation, "Yeah, he's a player we'd like to keep."

Once Sanchez settled in, after a few rocky starts, his value to the Tigers skyrocketed. He probably would have been slated to start the fourth game of the American League Division Series if Max Scherzer wasn't coming off a couple of physical problems (right shoulder, right ankle).

But because it's not been smooth sailing for Scherzer recently, the switch to Sanchez for Game 3 on Tuesday night feels seamless to the Tigers.

With several good, some of them outstanding starts as a Tiger, Sanchez no longer has the look of a pitcher stopping by for a few months before signing as a free agent elsewhere.

In his last eight starts of the regular season, Sanchez went 3-3 with a 2.15 ERA. Only twice in those eight did he allow more than two earned runs.

That's the consistency the Tigers were seeking.

When the deal was made with Miami that brought Sanchez to the Tigers in July, however, it was widely speculated he'd be gone at the end of the season because he already makes $8 million a year.

But the price tag for good players doesn't appear to be a deterrent for owner Mike Ilitch after any season let alone one that still has a chance of being special for the Tigers.

The Tigers like what the 28-year-old right-hander has done for them. That said, they still acknowledge the risk they took in parting with a package of prospects featuring right-handed pitcher Jacob Turner.

Of Sanchez, Dombrowski added, "We know we gave up a lot of talent in that deal, but for us he's been very big. We have interest in him beyond now, sure.

"We haven't discussed that, but we like him a lot. Is it a good fit? We hope so."

Sanchez, though, isn't letting his future free agency become a distraction.

"I don't want to be ahead on anything," he said. "I'm a person that thinks day-by-day.

"(Free agency) I know is coming, but that's my agent's job. That's why I have an agent. Right now I focus on tomorrow. I don't think too much what's going to happen after that."

Although not certain of his own return, manager Jim Leyland would like to see Sanchez remain a Tiger.

For one thing, Leyland doesn't see a pitcher who's going all out simply because it's his free agent year. He sees a competitor in Sanchez.

"I'm sure he's aware of his situation," Leyland said, "but I think he's just trying to win games.

"He likes it here and I think he's tried to make a good impression on us. Is he aware of what's going on? Yes, but he's not the type of guy who says, 'I'm going to go out and pitch good because I'm a free agent and I want to make a lot of money.'

"I assume there will be some competition for him. That's the way the system works."

The Tigers are well aware of how it works. And they also know the base salary ($8 million in 2012) from which Sanchez's next contract will increase.

But there's no sign of flinching at the cost. On the other hand, Sanchez can't shortchange himself.

"You're pretty nave and gullible if you don't think they know what's going on," Leyland said. "But again, he's not saying, 'There's a pot of gold out there, I have to do well.'

"He's saying he wants to win. He likes it here; he's gotten comfortable here and I'm real happy about it. I like him a lot.

"But I don't know how it will play out."

At this early stage, nobody can know

But don't be surprised if Sanchez decides to stay because this much is already known: The Tigers have decided they'd like that.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...Anibal-Sanchez

What do you guys think is a reasonable price for Sanchez? I think he's a must re-sign.

Verlander
    Fister
    Scherzer
    Sanchez
    Smyly

Nice rotation and then see if you can get something nice in return for Porcello. Doesn't even have to be an major league player. Stock up the farm.

Porcello can be very useful to a team with a good infield.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    I have no idea. 4 years $25m? That's a yearly discount on his current deal (1 year $8m). Depends what he's interested in, he might be willing to forfeit some cash to stay with a contending team.

vCash
    I have no idea. 4 years $25m? That's a yearly discount on his current deal (1 year $8m). Depends what he's interested in, he might be willing to forfeit some cash to stay with a contending team.
    He might also give up a little money to get that fourth year. Or whatever an extra year would be.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    I would love to keep him longer. Anyone know who his agent is? If it's Boras, no thanks. He will probably get a 4 or 5 year deal between $9-$11 mil per. He's going to be highly sought after so he may get around $13 mill per. The best part about resigning him would be the trade of Porcello.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I would love to keep him longer. Anyone know who his agent is? If it's Boras, no thanks. He will probably get a 4 or 5 year deal between $9-$11 mil per. He's going to be highly sought after so he may get around $13 mill per. The best part about resigning him would be the trade of Porcello.
    I'm not sure who the agent is, but I *knew* you would like that idea if it meant getting rid of Porcello

Edit: I can't find anything saying who his agent is, but it doesn't look like it's Boras.
    Last edited by Zander 77; 10-09-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    I actually like Porcello as a pitcher, but just not on this team as it's currently constructed. Our defense is awful and he's a ground ball pitcher without an out pitch. Fister can K players which is why he's as successful for the Tigers as he's been. He just boggles my mind a lot on why he just throws the ball right down the middle with no movement.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I found on baseballreference.com that he's represented by SFX.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I actually like Porcello as a pitcher, but just not on this team as it's currently constructed. Our defense is awful and he's a ground ball pitcher without an out pitch. Fister can K players which is why he's as successful for the Tigers as he's been. He just boggles my mind a lot on why he just throws the ball right down the middle with no movement.
    This.

vCash
    I have this feeling that Porcello is gonna go somewhere else and be awesome.

vCash
    Porcello would look damn good in KC with their INF defense.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I just heard a New York sportswriter on ESPN bashing Granderson's performance so far in the postseason. He was saying that he should be benched in favor of Swisher and Ibanez. Granderson has a 15 million club option for next year but the Yankees can buy it out for 2 mil. Do you guys think we might see Grandy in the Olde English D again? After looking at his numbers I'm torn on him. He's hit over 40 homers in each of the past 2 seasons but a huge part of that has been the short right field porch at Yankee Stadium. I'd see him more around 25 homers if he played half his games at Comerica. His average has been terrible the last 4 years, hitting under .250. I think I'd rather have Garcia than Granderson at this point. He seems to have a solid bat, has a hose for an arm and generally plays solid D, and has real good speed. Plus we save some money if we stick with him. Thoughts?

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast