Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kellen Davis

vCash
    I'd rather see Spaeth start at this point, he is a much better blocker than Davis and we have enough talent at WR, RB, and maybe Rodriguez to do without a pass cathing type TE this year ... plus Spaeth can occasionally slip out and make some ocasional catches underneath when the D ignores him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Things Kellen Does Well:

• Shaving his head
    • Wears a uniform during games

Things Kellen Doesn't Do Well:
    • Catch Footballs
    • Block
    • Separate from anyone
    • Have an idea where the first down marker is

I never saw what everyone else did in this whale of a TE. Come on E-Rod!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    I'd rather see Spaeth start at this point, he is a much better blocker than Davis and we have enough talent at WR, RB, and maybe Rodriguez to do without a pass cathing type TE this year ... plus Spaeth can occasionally slip out and make some ocasional catches underneath when the D ignores him
    He catches the ball when it is thrown to him.

To me that's the point of the nfl

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post

With playmakers like Marshall, Hester, Bennett, Alshon, and Forte that's really all we need and good blocking
    Silence the Haters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BEARS+BULLS=:) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post

With playmakers like Marshall, Hester, Bennett, Alshon, and Forte that's really all we need and good blocking
    Hell that would be cool too.

Just seems like cuty threw it to him a lot

our future

vCash
    since we have receivers now, our focus needs to be on a TE that blocks. If he can catch, thats a plus, but blocking needs to be the priority

vCash

Kellen Davis

Then we should of kept Andre smith

our future

vCash
    I still remember when Spaeth whiffed on a block and got Forte hurt last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    ^^^^ Agreed.

Olsen wasn't worth the first round that we used. Another JA mistake.
    I'm sorry DD, but this is just flat out wrong. The only player taken around that pick that we missed on was Eric Weddle. But, in the context of that team coming off of the Super Bowl I completely understand why we passed on him. With the 31st pick in the draft we got an elite talent in Olsen. He didn't work out because he lacks physicality, but he was a productive player and in the context of how that 2007 team looked on paper there is no faulting the Olsen pick IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm sorry DD, but this is just flat out wrong. The only player taken around that pick that we missed on was Eric Weddle. But, in the context of that team coming off of the Super Bowl I completely understand why we passed on him. With the 31st pick in the draft we got an elite talent in Olsen. He didn't work out because he lacks physicality, but he was a productive player and in the context of how that 2007 team looked on paper there is no faulting the Olsen pick IMO.
    I'm not sure who was there to pick @ #31, TBH.

I don't know why you say that Olsen has "elite" talent. He's just average.

I'm sure there was a productive player early in round 2 that would been a better pick then Olsen.

Olsen is overrated, IMO. Sure, he's not the worst TE in the league, but he's far from being "elite".

I really don't miss him, and I'm sure the Bears don't either.

vCash
    I just checked Olsens stats on cbssports.com. I would post them but I'm on my Android and have no clue how to. lol

His receiving stats are far from being "elite".

vCash
    I just checked Olsens stats on cbssports.com. I would post them but I'm on my Android and have no clue how to. lol

His receiving stats are far from being "elite".
    Regardless of his stats, he can't block, he can't break tackles, and he isn't that big of a target/mismatch

There are a lot of te's I'd take over olsen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Regardless of his stats, he can't block, he can't break tackles, and he isn't that big of a target/mismatch

There are a lot of te's I'd take over olsen
    Same here. Kellen Davis may have not caught fire, but give him time and he may be just as good as Olsen, which isn't saying much.

vCash
    I'm not sure who was there to pick @ #31, TBH.

I don't know why you say that Olsen has "elite" talent. He's just average.

I'm sure there was a productive player early in round 2 that would been a better pick then Olsen.

Olsen is overrated, IMO. Sure, he's not the worst TE in the league, but he's far from being "elite".

I really don't miss him, and I'm sure the Bears don't either.
    I'm not saying he is an elite player. I'm saying he was an elite talent as a prospect. A TE with the size of Jason Witten and the ability to move like Antonio Gates is definitely an elite talent. I'm not saying he makes use of all of that talent, because he doesn't, but his skill set is elite IMO.

Just like was discussed with the CWill pick, there are always players picked later in the draft that in hindsight deserved to go higher. But, of the players picked immediately after Olsen, Weddle and Posluszny are the only players I'd consider better than Olsen. But, we have to think in the context of that 2007 team. We had just used a 2nd Rd pick on Danieal Manning the year before, had a 29 year old Mike Brown coming back from injury, and picked up Adam Archuleta as insurance; so S wasn't a need. As for Posluszny, when you have Urlacher and Briggs in their primes you don't need a 3rd LB who was a high draft pick. We went with the best talent available, which was clearly Olsen IMO.

vCash
    Weddle

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast