Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kellen Davis

vCash
    I hate him...

vCash
    I remember when people told me I was dumb for thinking we wouldn't miss Greg Olsen because Kellen would be fine.

But I'm the dumb one.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Don't miss that contract, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    Don't miss that contract, though.
    The one he got, no. The one he had? Kellen makes close to that and is 10x worse.

vCash
    Sorry, Olsen wasn't much better. Terrible at blocking, fell down like a pansy when a DB 40lbs lighter touched him, & wouldn't always get open.

Davis is a Olsen 2.0, IMO. We didn't drop in talent THAT much.

vCash
    Watching the games yesterday, I was thinking what it would have been like it Cutler had a decent TE to catch a quick pass when he is under constant pressure.

I know he's no where the talent he used to be, but Kellen Winslow would be a good option. No one has signed him, maybe he would sign cheap to prove his health. He has to be better than what we currently have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post
    Sorry, Olsen wasn't much better. Terrible at blocking, fell down like a pansy when a DB 40lbs lighter touched him, & wouldn't always get open.

Olsen wasn't that bad. For all the **** everyone, myself included, gave him for blocking, he was good in the pass game.
    He was mismatch for pretty much anyone. Faster than most LBs, bigger than most safeties. Most importantly, he had a brain. I'm sure Cutler would love to have him back on the Bears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Or Spaeth

Hopefully E-Rod turns into something. At least he's showing a willingness to block someone so far.
    I have never been really impressed by Spaeth either. Yes, he's a better blocker, but he's not this great blocking TE that he is made out to be; he's pretty average.

Between Spaeth contract and Kellen $2.4 M due next season, we really know how to over pay for average, at best, TEs.

Funny thing was how Kellen talk before the season started:

Bears TE Kellen Davis said he expects a dramatic increase in production this season.
    The 6'7/262 Davis had a chance to sign elsewhere in free agency, but was intrigued by his opportunity with the Bears now that Mike Martz is gone. "I'd like to have between 40-60 catches at least," Davis said. "I'm hoping to get out there and put some numbers up. ... I get a lot of first reads on a lot of plays. So it's all looking good for me right now."
    It's going to take a while for him to get to the 40-60 catches range when he goes 1/6.

As for E-Rod, he seams to be a really good blocker so far, but due to his size, I don't know if he will ever be a true TE. He seams to be more of a Hernandez type TE, where he can use his size and speed as a WR, line up in the backfield as a FB/H-back, and stay at TE on some downs.

vCash
    I had really high hopes for Davis he seemed to box defenders out well with his big frame and had good speed for how big he is. He has looked terrible though and falls down so freakin much lol

I dont think it was that big of a drop off from Olsen though cause he dropped a lot and never broke a tackle and couldnt block either.

I agree Winslow is worth a look at this point.
    Silence the Haters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Maybe just maybe, our coaching staff can't coach TEs.
    Wasn't Tice a TE?
    I'm not as think as you bad off I am...
    I have a split personality, and so do I.

vCash
    ^^^^ Agreed.

Olsen wasn't worth the first round that we used. Another JA mistake.

vCash
    Truthfully, from what I saw in the Traing Camp practices that I went to, the Bears didn't give a lot of attention to Cutler passing to the TEs. They spent a lot of time developing timing with the WRs, but very little with the TEs and Adams and ERod seem to have received more passes during those practices than Davis.

I think that they to spend more time practicing Jay throwing the ball to Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DESERTDWELLER View Post

He was pretty solid in blocking in his last year here. The years before? Absolutely agree. He had figured his **** out and was at least worth a damn there. And his hands were fantastic.

Davis is just a bigger, softer Olsen. ANd yes, that drop in talent is huge. Where Greg could at least help on the edge in pass pro, Kellen fails miserably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo0775 View Post
    He was pretty solid in blocking in his last year here. The years before? Absolutely agree. He had figured his **** out and was at least worth a damn there. And his hands were fantastic.

Davis is just a bigger, softer Olsen. ANd yes, that drop in talent is huge. Where Greg could at least help on the edge in pass pro, Kellen fails miserably.
    I seemed to remember Olsen dropping a bunch of passes? Maybe he just dropped a few clutch passes. I do remember he didn't win jump balls that someone with his size and speed should have.
    Silence the Haters

vCash
    Correct, he dropped clutch passes.

And debo, the only way Olsen had fantastic hands is if you compare him to that WR we had, "Pan Hands" Davis. Then yes, I'll agree with you then, Olsen had fantastic hands.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast