Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kellen Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'm not saying he is an elite player. I'm saying he was an elite talent as a prospect. A TE with the size of Jason Witten and the ability to move like Antonio Gates is definitely an elite talent. I'm not saying he makes use of all of that talent, because he doesn't, but his skill set is elite IMO.

Just like was discussed with the CWill pick, there are always players picked later in the draft that in hindsight deserved to go higher. But, of the players picked immediately after Olsen, Weddle and Posluszny are the only players I'd consider better than Olsen. But, we have to think in the context of that 2007 team. We had just used a 2nd Rd pick on Danieal Manning the year before, had a 29 year old Mike Brown coming back from injury, and picked up Adam Archuleta as insurance; so S wasn't a need. As for Posluszny, when you have Urlacher and Briggs in their primes you don't need a 3rd LB who was a high draft pick. We went with the best talent available, which was clearly Olsen IMO.
    Oh, ok. I see where you're coming from now.

vCash
    i would like to see a new tight end in there as well. BRING IN E. ROD!

vCash
    no tight end has been targeted downfield more than kellen davis with four targets of 20 yards plus in the air.
    pff

vCash
    I dont like how much Davis falls and I feel like with his size he should be a much better blocker. With his size and speed though you think he would be able to develop into a big redzone target which we needed the most last few seasons. However now that we have Marshall, Alshon, and Bush in the red zone we dont need him as much.

vCash
    As much as I have ripped on Olsen, I have to admit that he had a good game against the G-Men.

vCash
    I think more time in practice is needed for Cutler and the TEs. Davis, Adams, and ERod can all be solid and good contributors. Understanding that this is Tice's first time being an OC, knowing how to incorporate the different offensive weapons is an ongoing lesson.

Losing the way we did to GB could be a very good thing for this team is so many areas, as long as they fix the problems that were exposed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    I think more time in practice is needed for Cutler and the TEs. Davis, Adams, and ERod can all be solid and good contributors. Understanding that this is Tice's first time being an OC, knowing how to incorporate the different offensive weapons is an ongoing lesson.

Losing the way we did to GB could be a very good thing for this team is so many areas, as long as they fix the problems that were exposed!
    I agree.

vCash
    olsen had a good relationship with cutty and when we had miserable wrs he led the team in receiving multiple times. He was no gronkowski, but he played a real role in the offense. Davis is the epitome of a non-factor.

vCash
    With Jay throwing the ball to Marshall 31 times in 3 games, its obvious he needs to spread the ball around more. Between Davis, Adams, and ERod, our TEs should get around x targets a game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Things Kellen Does Well:

• Shaving his head
    • Wears a uniform during games

Things Kellen Doesn't Do Well:
    • Catch Footballs
    • Block
    • Separate from anyone
    • Have an idea where the first down marker is
    He does wear eye black VERY well if I may say so myself...

He is the most interesting CB in the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeysicko View Post
    olsen had a good relationship with cutty and when we had miserable wrs he led the team in receiving multiple times. He was no gronkowski, but he played a real role in the offense. Davis is the epitome of a non-factor.
    He was actually a top 10 TE easily stats wise when he was here. Which is saying something considering how bad our offense was. He always got a bad rap because of the fumbles and he didn't break tackles but he was a very good player for us.

vCash
    Kellen Davis is the best player in the NFL.

vCash
    Truth.

Seriously though, he had a nice game and if he can just catch the ball with some consistency then this offense goes to another level.

vCash
    You inspired him.

Make a Julius Peppers sucks thread.

vCash
    If Kellen plays like this every game, our offense takes a huge jump.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast