Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins a best of 7 series?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brooklyn Americans

6 66.67%
  • Hamilton Tigers

1 11.11%
  • GMs Vote Here

2 22.22%
    vCash

NHLRD-SF: Hamilton Tigers vs Brooklyn Americans

Best of 7 series. Flipped a coin for home ice advantage.. Hamilton has home ice.

We are judging these players in their primes. It's a 1990-2012 NHL ReDraft. Consistent years, whom they played with, some injuries and everything like that may occur into your voting. If a player played 5 straight excellent seasons of his prime for example, and stayed healthy, there isn't much of a reason to think he'd be injured.

GM's must vote for "GMs Vote Here".

Please do not let a hatred of a player, poster, or team make you pick a certain team.

Last edited by BranWingss; 09-16-2012 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    Please check the rosters, and take a little time to make your vote. A little reasoning would be nice too, but that's not mandatory. Team names were given out by old, relocated NHL teams.

Good luck teams.
    Last edited by BranWingss; 09-16-2012 at 10:46 PM.

vCash
    I believe Hamilton's defense and goaltending is more than enough to stop the Brooklyn offense.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    I'll put some info here briefly (Don't really have the time anymore for huge arguments).

Forwards:

Brooklyn Americans:
    7 Hart Trophies (Lemieux (2), Ovechkin (2), Malkin (1), Sedin (1), St. Louis (1))

Hamilton Tigers:
    1 Hart Trophy (Joe Sakic (1))

Brooklyn Americans:
    Art Ross Trophies 10 (Lemieux (4), Malkin (2), Ovechkin (1), D. Sedin (1), H. Sedin (2)

Hamilton Tigers:
    0 Art Ross Trophies

Brooklyn Americans:
    Richard Trophies (or the equivalent, leading the NHL in goals just when the trophy didn't exist before 1999): 3 (Lemieux (1), Ovechkin (2))

Hamilton Tigers:
    Richard or equivalent Trophies: 0

Brooklyn Americans:
    Conn Smythe Trophies: 5 (Lemieux x2, Malkin x1, Richards x 1,, Claude Lemieux x1 )

Hamilton Tigers:
    Conn Smythe Trophies: 2 (Joe Sakic (1), Joe Nieuwendyk (1))

Brooklyn Americans:
    Selke Trophies 5 (Jere Lehtinen x 3, Michael Peca x 2)

Brooklyn Americans:
    All NHL Teams
    Kovalev-1 Second Team All NHL
    M. Lemieux-3 First Team All NHL, 2 Second Team All NHL
    St. Louis-1 First Team All NHL, 3 Second Team All NHL
    Ovechkin- 5 First Team All NHL, 1 Second Team All NHL
    Malkin-3 First Team All NHL
    D. Sedin-1 First Team All NHL, 1 Second Team All NHL
    H. Sedin- 2 First Team All NHL
    Bertuzzi-1 First Team All NHL

Total:

16 First Team All NHL 8 Second Team All NHL

Hamilton Tigers:

All NHL Teams:
    Paul Kariya-3 First Team All NHL, 2 Second Team All NHL
    Joe Sakic-3 First Team All NHL
    Adam Oates-1 Second Team All NHL
    Marian Hossa-1 Second Team All NHL
    Ray Whitney-1 Second Team All NHL

Total: 6 First Team All NHL, 5 Second Team All NHL

Brooklyn Americans:
    # of Years in Top 5 Goals Created:
    Kovalev-1
    Mario Lemieux-4
    St. Louis-3
    Ovechkin-4
    Malkin-3
    H. Sedin-1
    D. Sedin-1
    Bertuzzi-2
    Total: 18

Hamilton Tigers:
    # of Years Top 5 Goals Created:
    Kariya-3
    Sakic-5
    Hossa-2
    Total: 10

Brooklyn Americans:
    # of Years Top 5 in OPS (Offensive Point Shares)
    Mario Lemieux-4
    St. Louis-2
    Ovechkin-4
    Malkin-3
    D. Sedin-1
    H. Sedin-1
    Bertuzzi-2

Total: 17

Hamilton Tigers:
    OPS-top 5:
    Paul Kariya- 1
    Joe Sakic-3
    Hossa-2
    Spezza-1
    Total: 7

The difference in the offenses is huge.

This is not including the fact that Lemieux had some of the most dominant seasons ever (and certainly of this era during this time period).

It also does not reflect the chemistry that I believe my lines have where Lemieux plays with a former teammate in Kovalev (Who he excelled with and prompted to his (Kovalev's) best ever hockey) and one of the most unselfish players ever in MSL (who is used to playing with great centers in their primes Stamkos/Lecavalier) on line 1. On line 2, I forge the Russian connection between Ovechkin and Malkin and give them the gritty and two way player Claude Lemieux to play, this is a hell of a line to play against. On the third line, I have the Sedin chemistry and gave them the powerforward and tough guy they always needed in Bertuzzi. On line 4, I have my shutdown line consisting of two of the most dominant shutdown players of the era and a good two way player and playmaker in Brad Richards who will help create chances and is similar to the centers Lehtinen played with when he excelled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    I believe Hamilton's defense and goaltending is more than enough to stop the Brooklyn offense.
    I could do this more in a bigger post but I'll disagree shortly (mostly because I don't have time right now). While Hasek is fantastic (and imo the best goalie in this thing), Belfour is certainly quite good as well (there's a reason he started over Hasek for years in Chicago, he was the 4th best goalie of the era and dominated the league at times. On defense while Chelios certainly is good, I'm not convinced he was better than Leetch during this period (in fact I'll claim the opposite as Leetch racked up just as much hardware defensively and won a Conn Smythe and provides more to the powerplay). After, Chelios though this defense is filled with question marks. Coffey was past his prime and declining defensively and was never special on that end. Fetisov, while a legend in the USSR, is 32 years old for the very beginning of this time period and was never one of the best 5 or even really 7 defenseman in the NHL. Doughty, is in his prime right now and while he showed off in the playoffs, he still has coverage issues in today's NHL (Especially during the previous two to three regular seasons). His offensive talent is undeniable (though limited to an extent by the fact that Coffey has that main role on this team) but he would get burned against an offense like mine. Duschene and Numinen are solid veterans who were top pairing guys in their primes but were never anything remarkable.
    I'm not that impressed by the defense.

vCash
    Tough call. I think I'm gonna go with Brooklyn. That fire power with the best player in this game is probably a bit too much. Brooklyn is soft-ish though.

vCash
    Little bump guys.

vCash
    Brooklyn wins. Can a moderator please move this to the sub-forum in the Red Wings forum? Thanks!