Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    As I've said before, your evo is sex. I can't wait to show you updated pictures of mine once this front bumper finally comes in.
    I saw a blue Lancer with black rims today. Looking sexxy as fuh. Not sure how long you've had it, but could you comment on its reliability?

I was looking at buying one a little while back, but ever since I've kind of decided to go with the TSX, but I've been told in terms of fun driving get a AWD or RWD. RWD is out of the question for me since I need a sedan and the market for them isn't too big besides BMW, etc.

The body of them are beautiful, I saw this one for sale about a year ago, previous owner already had done some modifications.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2h2mtjp.jpg
    Last edited by *Superman*; 09-17-2012 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post

Thanks.... yea the new style Lancers are nice as hell. What color do you have?
    Charcoal gray. Sexy sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by *Superman12* View Post
    I saw a blue Lancer with black rims today. Looking sexxy as fuh. Not sure how long you've had it, but could you comment on its reliability?

I was looking at buying one a little while back, but ever since I've kind of decided to go with the TSX, but I've been told in terms of fun driving get a AWD or RWD. RWD is out of the question for me since I need a sedan and the market for them isn't too big besides BMW, etc.

The body of them are beautiful, I saw this one for sale about a year ago, previous owner already had done some modifications.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2h2mtjp.jpg
    I absolutely love my car. I've rarely had a problem and the only problems I have had have been from customizations that were done to the engine before I got it. You will love the car. Plus another reason why I love it is because its just so different. Living in Michigan, this is Ford nation. Everyone has fords. I have a foreign car and I just love how different it is. Plus it just looks great.

The blue is sexy, I was considering blue. And I am getting rims on my car as well, just waiting for my customized bumper to come back in. These are the rims I will be adding. Adding red to the front emblem. It's going to look SO good. Just ****ing waiting for this to finally get done.

If you get it, you'll love it.
    Last edited by jetsforever; 09-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.

vCash
    Which company's products do you guys usually use to clean your cars?

And anyone want to recommend a good cleaner for leather seats.
    My dad opened a car wash/detail business a lil over a year ago, so I have been using the good stuff . If you really do like washing your own car, I do recommend to go to your local car wash and ask them what products/supplier they use. Once you got their supplier ask the company if they will sell to you. If yes then buy products from them. If not find another company that will sell to you. Buy in 5 gallon quantities(1 gallon for some stuff like leather conditioner, good wax). ex Buying 5 gallons of concentrated window cleaner will last you forever.

I do recommend the car enthusiast on this board to buy a gallon( or 5 ) of concentrated window cleaner, and an all purpose cleaner. 8-10 ounces of concentrate in a spray bottle, the rest water, will save you a lot of money $$$.

And to answer your question buy a gallon(or 5 gallons ) of concentrated all purpose cleaner. If you do take my advice and decide to buy an all purpose cleaner, you have also bought a carpet cleaner, rim cleaner, and more.
    Last edited by hizpcstr; 09-17-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Too many what Ifs

vCash
    The new Camry looks pretty nice. Really depends what you like more I guess if you're going based on value. Personally if I had to choose I'd take the sedan because I'm not to high on compact crossovers. Plus it'll get better MPG.

VW CC? Clean cars as a stock. Look into an exhaust if you're into that stuff.
    Don't even know what a CC is. It's an 09' VW Passat
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Charcoal gray. Sexy sexy.

I absolutely love my car. I've rarely had a problem and the only problems I have had have been from customizations that were done to the engine before I got it. You will love the car. Plus another reason why I love it is because its just so different. Living in Michigan, this is Ford nation. Everyone has fords. I have a foreign car and I just love how different it is. Plus it just looks great.

The blue is sexy, I was considering blue. And I am getting rims on my car as well, just waiting for my customized bumper to come back in. These are the rims I will be adding. Adding red to the front emblem. It's going to look SO good. Just ****ing waiting for this to finally get done.

If you get it, you'll love it.
    I gotta test drive one, one day.

Quote Originally Posted by hizpcstr View Post
    My dad opened a car wash/detail business a lil over a year ago, so I have been using the good stuff . If you really do like washing your own car, I do recommend to go to your local car wash and ask them what products/supplier they use. Once you got their supplier ask the company if they will sell to you. If yes then buy products from them. If not find another company that will sell to you. Buy in 5 gallon quantities(1 gallon for some stuff like leather conditioner, good wax). ex Buying 5 gallons of concentrated window cleaner will last you forever.

I do recommend the car enthusiast on this board to buy a gallon( or 5 ) of concentrated window cleaner, and an all purpose cleaner. 8-10 ounces of concentrate in a spray bottle, the rest water, will save you a lot of money $$$.

And to answer your question buy a gallon(or 5 gallons ) of concentrated all purpose cleaner. If you do take my advice and decide to buy an all purpose cleaner, you have also bought a carpet cleaner, rim cleaner, and more.
    So buy an all purpose cleaner for leather? I thought you had to buy some special stuff to condition the seats and all so they don't start cracking. I went to Walmart the other day and bought this.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-...ndingMethod=rr

Yet to use it though because I know personally trying to fully clean leather is a process of its own, from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Greetard View Post
    Don't even know what a CC is. It's an 09' VW Passat
    Whoops sorry it looked like a CC. Which is basically this. Passat is still nice, I don't think you would want to do to much modding to a car like that though, idk.

http://static.cargurus.com/images/si...3345081156.png
    Last edited by *Superman*; 09-17-2012 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    Whichcar would be funnier to drive as a far as speed and handling, also which would be more fuel efficient and which would be more customizable between a mustang and evo. Also which years are the best and which one requires less Maintenance usually?

vCash
    I gotta test drive one, one day.

So buy an all purpose cleaner for leather? I thought you had to buy some special stuff to condition the seats and all so they don't start cracking. I went to Walmart the other day and bought this.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s-...ndingMethod=rr

To clean the leather yes use an all purpose cleaner. After you clean it, use a leather conditioner.

Too many what Ifs

vCash
    I've had an '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a couple years now. It's by far the most reliable vehicle I've owned.

I'm also currently looking for a used Jeep Wrangler. I had found the one I wanted and went to go buy it, but it had sold a couple hours before I got to the dealership after sitting on the lot for over a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Whichcar would be funnier to drive as a far as speed and handling, also which would be more fuel efficient and which would be more customizable between a mustang and evo. Also which years are the best and which one requires less Maintenance usually?
    Now, I may be biased BUT....

The Evo overall is a better performance/fun car. But here is sort of a breakdown...
    Gas Mileage:
    Evo>Mustang
    You will get better gas mileage in an Evo over a V8 mustang (not worth it to get anything else).

Aftermarket/Modding:
    Evo>>Mustang
    Both have large aftermarket scenes. But you can put $3000 into an Evo and see way better gains then if you put $3k into a Mustang.

Track Potential/Fun:
    Evo>> Mustang
    AWD is amazing on the track, in the canyons, beating a yellow light, etc. Nothing is more exciting than launching an AWD car also. I will admit though, RWD can be very fun when roasting the rears, or kicking the back end out... but something about knowing you can corner faster than a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or Porsche is pretty awesome. Also, the fact that the Evo is a rally car always leaves open the potential for hitting the snow or dirt and having some fun. Interior is kind of bland but extremely functional with Recaro Seats, Momo Steering Wheel and a dash with plenty of room for aftermarket gauges.

Maintenance:
    Mustang > Evo (probably)
    As for maintenance, I'm not really sure about the Mustang... but the Evo is an expensive car to own (especially if you mod it and drive it hard) as you need to do synthetic oil changes every 3k miles, good quality drivetrain fluids ever 15k, a good set of tires only last 10-20k miles, and premium gas (must have for turbo car) can get expensive.

Handling
    Evo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mustang
    Yea, its not even close.

As for years... it depends what you want. IMO the newer mustangs 08 and greater are awesome, but I love the new 302 mustang. The Evo its the same problem, what do you want?
    2003-05 = Evo 8.... very mechanical, not quite as much computer interference when driving (no ACD or LSD). It feels like you are driving a track car all the time as it is a total drivers car with its harsh ride and loudness. But something about driving it makes you feel connected to the road... you feel like you have 100% control and can power out of a corner and you can feel when the car wants to start to let go so you, the driver, adjust. Shifting it feels right, its like shifting an old muscle car.... very mechanical feeling. Sort of like using a well oiled bolt-action rifle.

2006 - Evo 9... rare, and the price of them prove it. Very much like the 8, but with a few more bells and whistles like an ACD, bigger hotside on the turbo, and MIVEC (kind of like Vtec). Same power as the 8, but a little bit more computer controlled when driving.

2008-current = Evo X.... Big, sexy, refined, still quick. The X was completely redesigned from the frame, engine, and body. For the first time ever the Evo didn't have the reliable cast iron 4G63 engine, but came with the aluminum 4B11T World engine (used by hyundai, ford, etc). Also was paced on the larger World Chassis. While the power was raised, the overall product was a bit slower due to the weight of the new car as it is very big. The exterior is sexy and aggressive. The interior is much more refined and comfortable and included new features like cruise control, automatic tranny (MR only), bluetooth, steering wheel controls, etc. The computer in this thing is insane... its almost impossible to crash this car if you have any idea how to drive. Between the ACD, Active Yaw Control, and LSD, the power is shifted from not only front to back but also from side to side to keep the car on the course when its flung about in all kinds of terrain. This is not much of a drivers car as years past, but still very fun to drive. Also, it has been proven to respond very well to modifications. STAY AWAY FROM THE AUTOMATIC if you plan to mod though.

Wow, sorry... got a bit carried away. Sort of a passion of mine..... but yea, hope this helps!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash

The Evo overall is a better performance/fun car. But here is sort of a breakdown...
    Gas Mileage:
    Evo>Mustang
    You will get better gas mileage in an Evo over a V8 mustang (not worth it to get anything else).

Aftermarket/Modding:
    Evo>>Mustang
    Both have large aftermarket scenes. But you can put $3000 into an Evo and see way better gains then if you put $3k into a Mustang.

Track Potential/Fun:
    Evo>> Mustang
    AWD is amazing on the track, in the canyons, beating a yellow light, etc. Nothing is more exciting than launching an AWD car also. I will admit though, RWD can be very fun when roasting the rears, or kicking the back end out... but something about knowing you can corner faster than a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or Porsche is pretty awesome. Also, the fact that the Evo is a rally car always leaves open the potential for hitting the snow or dirt and having some fun. Interior is kind of bland but extremely functional with Recaro Seats, Momo Steering Wheel and a dash with plenty of room for aftermarket gauges.

Maintenance:
    Mustang > Evo (probably)
    As for maintenance, I'm not really sure about the Mustang... but the Evo is an expensive car to own (especially if you mod it and drive it hard) as you need to do synthetic oil changes every 3k miles, good quality drivetrain fluids ever 15k, a good set of tires only last 10-20k miles, and premium gas (must have for turbo car) can get expensive.

Handling
    Yea, its not even close.

As for years... it depends what you want. IMO the newer mustangs 08 and greater are awesome, but I love the new 302 mustang. The Evo its the same problem, what do you want?
    2003-05 = Evo 8.... very mechanical, not quite as much computer interference when driving (no ACD or LSD). It feels like you are driving a track car all the time as it is a total drivers car with its harsh ride and loudness. But something about driving it makes you feel connected to the road... you feel like you have 100% control and can power out of a corner and you can feel when the car wants to start to let go so you, the driver, adjust. Shifting it feels right, its like shifting an old muscle car.... very mechanical feeling. Sort of like using a well oiled bolt-action rifle.

2006 - Evo 9... rare, and the price of them prove it. Very much like the 8, but with a few more bells and whistles like an ACD, bigger hotside on the turbo, and MIVEC (kind of like Vtec). Same power as the 8, but a little bit more computer controlled when driving.

2008-current = Evo X.... Big, sexy, refined, still quick. The X was completely redesigned from the frame, engine, and body. For the first time ever the Evo didn't have the reliable cast iron 4G63 engine, but came with the aluminum 4B11T World engine (used by hyundai, ford, etc). Also was paced on the larger World Chassis. While the power was raised, the overall product was a bit slower due to the weight of the new car as it is very big. The exterior is sexy and aggressive. The interior is much more refined and comfortable and included new features like cruise control, automatic tranny (MR only), bluetooth, steering wheel controls, etc. The computer in this thing is insane... its almost impossible to crash this car if you have any idea how to drive. Between the ACD, Active Yaw Control, and LSD, the power is shifted from not only front to back but also from side to side to keep the car on the course when its flung about in all kinds of terrain. This is not much of a drivers car as years past, but still very fun to drive. Also, it has been proven to respond very well to modifications. STAY AWAY FROM THE AUTOMATIC if you plan to mod though.

Wow, sorry... got a bit carried away. Sort of a passion of mine..... but yea, hope this helps!
    You're the one who got me thinking about FWD and AWD lol. A week ago I was driving an 09 Altima and I took a really hard corner while going 50ish maybe and the tires started squealing. I had the windows down as well and I smelt the burning of rubber after...it sucked. I was wondering had it been a AWD car, you think it would have taken that corner nicely (less or no noise, no burnt rubber)? From what I read about AWD, that seems like a major thing about it, power would have shifted to the wheels that needed them instead of the front two controlling and steering. Looking back at it I think I should be lucky the car didn't spin out.

Also why'd you say stay away from Auto and mod? Would it be the same for the Ralliart?

Side note, someone told me that insurance for AWD and the maintenance for AWD is more compared to FWD. Thoughts?

vCash

Gas Mileage:
    Evo>Mustang

Aftermarket/Modding:
    Evo>>Mustang

Track Potential/Fun:
    Evo>> Mustang

Maintenance:
    Mustang > Evo (probably)

Handling
    Yea, its not even close.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at prices and evos are way more expensive. Also is it worth a rx8. I really like them but the rotary engine scares the **** out me from research. Anyone here have experience with the rx8 or rotary engines in general

vCash
    You're the one who got me thinking about FWD and AWD lol. A week ago I was driving an 09 Altima and I took a really hard corner while going 50ish maybe and the tires started squealing. I had the windows down as well and I smelt the burning of rubber after...it sucked. I was wondering had it been a AWD car, you think it would have taken that corner nicely (less or no noise, no burnt rubber)? From what I read about AWD, that seems like a major thing about it, power would have shifted to the wheels that needed them instead of the front two controlling and steering. Looking back at it I think I should be lucky the car didn't spin out.

Also why'd you say stay away from Auto and mod? Would it be the same for the Ralliart?

Side note, someone told me that insurance for AWD and the maintenance for AWD is more compared to FWD. Thoughts?
    Yea, AWD makes a huge difference. I went to the canyons last week with some friends one being an RSX-S, the other being Mini Cooper S. Both are done up pretty nice with coilovers and a few bolt on power mods and decent tires. But in the turns they had no chance.... whenever the Mini tries to power through out of a turn the damn thing oversteers badly and the *** end wants to break loose (my buddies description of it), and the RSX understeers badly going into turns due to the minimal traction and FWD system throwing power to one wheel.

With an AWD car you can actually stay on the gas throughout a curve... what I normally do is brake before the turn if its sharp then power through it, keeping the front wheels pointed to where I want to go and the car straightens itself out of the most part (as long as you don't over throttle when it breaks loose). If its a big swooping turn you just hit the brakes a little bit to settle the car down and even out the suspension... then just power through the turn, hitting WOT near the end.

It really is a cool, albeit different, feeling than being in a RWD or FWD car. It might start to slide the slightest bit and instead of keeping on sliding it just grips and goes. SOOO Much fun.... its gonna be scary when I get my Challenger lol.

With the Auto tranny in both the X and the Ralliart.... while it is a great tranny and can handle the power out of the box fine, it is fragile and very expensive (like $8k plus). The rule of thumb with the Evo X is if you have a Auto tranny then you shouldn't mod past about 350whp (which is only about 100hp over stock) because that extra strain on the dual clutch system will cause it to overheat and fail. Its all over sites like Socalevo and EvoM with instances of this happening. This is why the MR is very rarely purchased for modding (unless a tranny rebuild is part of the plan).

Yea, insurance is slightly higher in an AWD car simply because the drivetrain costs more and there is more likelihood that the car will be off the tarmac or raced. However, getting a 4 door will save you soo much money over the years. When I got the Evo I was looking at the 350Z also... while both were very high per month, the Evo was still about $80/month due to the fact that it is a 4 cylinder 4 door compact car.

49ers = 12-4
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was looking at prices and evos are way more expensive. Also is it worth a rx8. I really like them but the rotary engine scares the **** out me from research. Anyone here have experience with the rx8 or rotary engines in general
    NP... and I hear ya. Its an expensive hobby lol. The Rx8 is actually a compelling little car. As the Rx7 was an amazing performance car and pretty much a legend, it had major faults. The rotary engines in those had to be fully rebuilt every 60k miles or so. But they were super efficient and with such a tiny motor producing big power numbers (around 300hp stock in the early 90's) the power to weight ratio was outstanding.

The Rx8 was sort of a fail when compared to the Rx7. They added a back seat and a 3rd door... which is pretty cool actually. Its styling is pretty cool as well. While the Rx8 engine is pretty peppy and still has the high RPM powerband (which is pretty fun when you first drive it hard), it is seriously underpowered. At being heavier than the Rx7 you would think it would have more or at least the same power as the last model. But no.. it only has about 230hp. So it still is pretty fun but it just lacks that "wow" or performance factor that you expect from a sports coupe. It has the same power as a WRX yet no AWD and no turbo.. so modifications are not as impactful to the power. The new Rx8 engine is 100x more reliable than the old Rx7's but really the car gets boring fast. A buddy of mine had one, it was fun and I drove it a few times but it was just "meh"... he sold it after 25k miles and bought a Lexus IS-F.

49ers = 12-4
    WINNING!

vCash
    I ****ing love the second gen RX-7.

Maybe once I am well versed enough in diesel, I'll get an RX-7 for a hobby car.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yea, AWD makes a huge difference. I went to the canyons last week with some friends one being an RSX-S, the other being Mini Cooper S. Both are done up pretty nice with coilovers and a few bolt on power mods and decent tires. But in the turns they had no chance.... whenever the Mini tries to power through out of a turn the damn thing oversteers badly and the *** end wants to break loose (my buddies description of it), and the RSX understeers badly going into turns due to the minimal traction and FWD system throwing power to one wheel.

With an AWD car you can actually stay on the gas throughout a curve... what I normally do is brake before the turn if its sharp then power through it, keeping the front wheels pointed to where I want to go and the car straightens itself out of the most part (as long as you don't over throttle when it breaks loose). If its a big swooping turn you just hit the brakes a little bit to settle the car down and even out the suspension... then just power through the turn, hitting WOT near the end.

It really is a cool, albeit different, feeling than being in a RWD or FWD car. It might start to slide the slightest bit and instead of keeping on sliding it just grips and goes. SOOO Much fun.... its gonna be scary when I get my Challenger lol.

With the Auto tranny in both the X and the Ralliart.... while it is a great tranny and can handle the power out of the box fine, it is fragile and very expensive (like $8k plus). The rule of thumb with the Evo X is if you have a Auto tranny then you shouldn't mod past about 350whp (which is only about 100hp over stock) because that extra strain on the dual clutch system will cause it to overheat and fail. Its all over sites like Socalevo and EvoM with instances of this happening. This is why the MR is very rarely purchased for modding (unless a tranny rebuild is part of the plan).

Yea, insurance is slightly higher in an AWD car simply because the drivetrain costs more and there is more likelihood that the car will be off the tarmac or raced. However, getting a 4 door will save you soo much money over the years. When I got the Evo I was looking at the 350Z also... while both were very high per month, the Evo was still about $80/month due to the fact that it is a 4 cylinder 4 door compact car.
    Sounds so awesome. I wish I could try all that stuff before I actually bought the car, but i'd probably get kicked out the car before I had the chance lol.

Ah alright. Well I don't think I will doing much performance modding anyways TBH. The Ralliart is already 237HP give or take. All I would want extra as of now is a CAI and exhaust. I've seen videos on the twin clutch and the RPMs look really weird, although that thing was hauling in a 0-60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHD6Usw5HXA

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast