Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    I drive a 2001 Volvo s60 and I hate it's guts. I've had way too many problems with this thing, most of them electrical. I feel bad for anyone who has come across the "dipped beam bulb failure" issue, I really do.
    Haven't had any problems like that with my Volvo, but that's probably because I drive it 5 times a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    I'm currently saving up for a Scion FR-S or a Subaru BRZ. Though I will probably go with the Scion because it's a little cheaper, and I don't want to go over $30k.

I'm somewhat of a car enthusiast, so for those who would disagree with my decision for the price, it is what it is. Jeremy Clarkson named it car of the year, so that's enough for me to buy it.

Though I have looked into this car plenty. Went and looked at it at the dealership not too long ago.

Just a few more months.

vCash
    I drive a 2012 F-150 Raptor. Silver w/ black hood graphic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    I'm currently saving up for a Scion FR-S or a Subaru BRZ. Though I will probably go with the Scion because it's a little cheaper, and I don't want to go over $30k.

I'm somewhat of a car enthusiast, so for those who would disagree with my decision for the price, it is what it is. Jeremy Clarkson named it car of the year, so that's enough for me to buy it.

Though I have looked into this car plenty. Went and looked at it at the dealership not too long ago.

Just a few more months.

Getting a FR-S soon.

vCash
    Those BRZ's are a cocktease, aren't they? Way better looking than they actually are.
    I'm In.

vCash
    08 Chevy Impala!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Pretty much everything I've read about them says the reliability isn't as bad as advertised, but the repair costs are still sky high when something does go wrong.
    I read that they have started to improve. I forgot where, but I think I read they went from 18 to 8 in a year on some reliability scale. Sounds unusually high so I'd have to double check. But yeah I read electrical problems were the most common.

Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Well if you are looking for a commuter can, a GTI isn't for you.

I've had to replace the fuel injector pump at a hefty price of $2k. I've had it for a year and its got 170k miles so its no spring chicken.

But I do like it. I don't have enough of a track record with it to give you my opinion on reliability.
    My commuting really shouldn't be an issue. My sister put 29,000 miles on her car in about 4 years with school. That's like 7,250 a year which is not bad. I still have 2-3 years to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Anyone own a caddy cts I think it is. Looking at one to replace my Audi. Smooth ride? Any problems? Quick take off?
    The CTS is alright... but it really is a big heavy car. So it feels a tad sluggish and has that soft/rolling suspension that I dislike. However.... the CTS-V is a badass ride if you can swing it.

If you want that kind of luxury plus a fun car to drive I would say check out an M5.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 7-4
    Warriors = 10-2 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    Those BRZ's and FR-S's look soooooo god damn sexy, but I was always underwhelmed with the performance. I was so excited to test drive one, and when I did it was just blah. It had nice handling for a <$30k car but the power was weak IMO. If they released one with lets say at least 255hp then it would be worth the $20k+ they are asking. For that price I'd rather buy a Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

And for the GTI... they are great cars and you can get a used one super cheap. however, as already stated they do cost a shitload to fix when they go bad. And they tend to have their fair share of issues. But overall the GTI is a fun car, and a really good bang for the buck sport compact car.

49ers = 7-4
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    The CTS is alright... but it really is a big heavy car. So it feels a tad sluggish and has that soft/rolling suspension that I dislike. However.... the CTS-V is a badass ride if you can swing it.

If you want that kind of luxury plus a fun car to drive I would say check out an M5.
    well I do want AWD, like my audi so that's what peaked my interest. But a tad sluggish and the suspension has me not concerned
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post

BMD is an old fart, he doesn't care about that young people stuff. All he cares about at his advanced age is getting those damn kids off his lawn.

vCash
    BMD is an old fart, he doesn't care about that young people stuff. All he cares about at his advanced age is getting those damn kids off his lawn.
    Lol... this is true.

49ers = 7-4
    A's =
    WINNING!

vCash

Ugh, why do German cars have to be so costly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Those BRZ's are a cocktease, aren't they? Way better looking than they actually are.
    100%, no power.

vCash
    I read through this a while ago but never had much to add. Some of you guys that have posted here have some nice, and fast, cars and that's where my question comes in. Does anyone have an idea roughly what the insurance costs might be for a 1967 Mustang 289? I'm 21 and have never been in an accident before.

The cost for the car itself isn't that much but if the insurance costs are steep, I won't be able to afford it

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast