Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    NO JF, STAHPl
    I've already said I'm not a fan....

Regardless, car advice guys? Let's try a different forum. (I typed out a long response and then did something with this super sensitive touchpad and messed it up. Sorry for being short on this one) BTW, I was more sober the first time I attempted to post this. So bear that in mind.

Anyway, my plan had been to think about marriage and a potential kid, (Which costs money.) Some issues with the GF have come up. And now upgrading the house, or buying a new one, might be off the table for a bit. So....... Time to have an early mid life crisis and spend too much money on a car????

Options:

1. I own a 2010 Ralliart. I could mod the hell out of it. I already am just over the 300 whp mark. Some suspension, brakes, a new turbo, etc. That stuff could go a long way. I like my car. And the Orange is no longer an option from Mitsu. Nor is the Sportback in an AWD, Turboed vehicle.

2. Evo. To start with, it would be new. And I've always wanted one. No matter howmuch I mod my car to it, it's always a compromise. Plus, warranty. Plus, true manual. That said, I lose the color I love. And, even though I love the look of the sedan, I lose utility.

3. Pipe Dream. In theory, on paper, I can afford a GTR. This is a dream car. Possibly my #1 dream car. And I should be able to afford payments. It would mean it needs to see winters and be a DD. (Which I have confidence it's capable of.) And I lose the 4 door car I own. (Not that it get's used often.) It would mean my discretionary spending goes into the tank. And that is tough coming from a guy who bout a $2K mountain bike this summer.

4. Possibly Practical. Keep the Ralliart. Leave it alone..... Mid 90s Ford Lightning. I love these stupid things. Utility of a truck. Best looking modern F150 IMHO. Sleeper. And, I'm sure, supremely fun. The downside is, I probably cant drive it 3-4 months of the year. AND it's a full auto.

Anyone got any sagelike thoughts? If the post was clunky, I apologize. The first one was vastly better, more coherent, and less alcohol fueled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Its in boys. ****ing love it. The hoodscoop isn't on yet, need to get another 2 before I place them on for good and get the final pictures up. But finally!!! It looks so great, the pictures don't do it enough justice, honestly.

Feedback please!
    http://imgur.com/a/Ipgbt
    Heck man. Now I feel dumb. I literally was in bed and realized that your car is a base Lancer with Evo bumper. That's why there's not hood scoops in your hood. Also, in looking back at the pics, no intercooler. I actually got out of bed to post my discovery. Equally pathetic.

You do the bumper yourself? The snaps on the side are scary. Feels like the bumper is going to break before they pop free. Looks nice. Now I actually get your post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Heck man. Now I feel dumb. I literally was in bed and realized that your car is a base Lancer with Evo bumper. That's why there's not hood scoops in your hood. Also, in looking back at the pics, no intercooler. I actually got out of bed to post my discovery. Equally pathetic.

You do the bumper yourself? The snaps on the side are scary. Feels like the bumper is going to break before they pop free. Looks nice. Now I actually get your post.
    Hahah yes! Its a 2008 Lancer, just put on an Evo bumper I didn't do the bumper myself. Bought one online and had it customized by some shop.

As for your post, that's a really tough decision. If you really want your dream car, you can probably still wait a little after your marriage to buy it. Eventually, you'll have more money and then it won't be as expensive for you and you can still enjoy it. Just my opinion. Any problems with your car that makes you want to switch it?
    Last edited by jetsforever; 11-04-2012 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Hahah yes! Its a 2008 Lancer, just put on an Evo bumper I didn't do the bumper myself. Bought one online and had it customized by some shop.

As for your post, that's a really tough decision. If you really want your dream car, you can probably still wait a little after your marriage to buy it. Eventually, you'll have more money and then it won't be as expensive for you and you can still enjoy it. Just my opinion. Any problems with your car that makes you want to switch it?
    Well, to start with, your car looks sick. It used to be that you needed an Evo to have a sweet looking Mitsu. Now, even the base models in the base form look great IMHO.

As for the second part. Ugh. Marriage seems like a far off place at the moment. We shall leave it at that.

As for my issue, I don't know. I like my car, don't love it. I almost think I find myself enjoying driving my commuter car, (Fiat 500 5 Speed), more than my Mitsubishi. I guess I miss driving a 5 speed. (Or more)

Plus, the Ralliart has become something of a reminder of the GF being dishonest. Mainly, bought under false pretenses. Again, I'll leave it at that, as this is a car thread.

So I guess it's a bunch of things. Not totally digging the triptronic tranny. And scared as hell about a $10+K not lasting with me driving it. Add in, it being a compromise, Evo vs. Evo Jr, or something like that. Plus some slight emotional baggage. Honestly, I don't think I'll own it 6 months from now. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do.

vCash
    I'm looking to upgrade the stereo in my car.

I'm not looking for a fancy head unit but I'd like some quality speakers. I've never listened to component speakers installed in a car (only heard them in a car audio store and nothing ever sounds the same in a car). I've always just bought individual speakers and run them off the head unit's power and have liked the sound I get.

Is there a big difference between the two? Are components worth the extra price?

Anyone have any recommendations on brands or specific models? I've got a couple JL Audio 12s if I ever want to put them in, so I don't need any woofer recommendations.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I'm already driving my dream !!! finally saved up for it and nice ride jetsforever!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    I'm already driving my dream !!! finally saved up for it and nice ride jetsforever!!
    In less than 2 years ill have a newer version of your car just to spite you

vCash
    2001 Chevy Malibu

Probably going to get a 2006-2007 Mazda 3 GT after the winter/this summer.

vCash
    ^ Hatchback or sedan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    ^ Hatchback or sedan?
    Whatever is the better deal, I honestly prefer Sedan though.

vCash
    Yeah I'm not a fan of hatchbacks either. I've seen some done really nice, but they remind me of smaller minivans.

My cousin has a 06 Mazda 3. He is going to get the paint changed from silver to black (hit a deer and that ****ed up the car pretty bad), I'll show some pictures when it's done.

vCash
    The only things I want to do to it are

1. Cold air intake
    2. A nice catback, no fart cans
    3. MAYBE a decent set of rims and low pro tires.

My friend just totaled his last weekend he honestly had 12 grand into that thing after all the parts he put in. Don't think his insurance is covering it.

vCash
    Lmao unless its a 2003 trans am/firebird good luck pontiac is out of business they don't make em anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    The only things I want to do to it are

1. Cold air intake
    2. A nice catback, no fart cans
    3. MAYBE a decent set of rims and low pro tires.

My friend just totaled his last weekend he honestly had 12 grand into that thing after all the parts he put in. Don't think his insurance is covering it.
    He has all of those. It isn't even powerful, but it sure does sound more aggressive than it actually is.

But yeah that is totally true about cars. Hell it doesn't even have to be your fault, but some *** hits you and your car can be done, it's unfortunate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    He has all of those. It isn't even powerful, but it sure does sound more aggressive than it actually is.

But yeah that is totally true about cars. Hell it doesn't even have to be your fault, but some *** hits you and your car can be done, it's unfortunate.
    Well I am looking for fuel savings more than power. 170 HP is good for me.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast